Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Random Posts
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #31
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMac
That is so wild.

The weather has gone freaking crazy.
We have a 70% chance of more snow on Monday.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:07 PM   #32
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

On an unrelated note I am glad to see this thread is on its third page.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #33
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

I just checked... looks like we won't be getting any snow for a while. THANK GOD.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:06 AM   #34
Dr. Jazz
Forum Veteran
The Evil Empire. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
Did you get any snow Doc?

i've seen all the snow i want to see for the year but unfortunately they're callin for more tomorrow lol this is the most snow this winter than i've seen around here in about 10 years
Old 02-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #35
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jazz
i've seen all the snow i want to see for the year but unfortunately they're callin for more tomorrow lol this is the most snow this winter than i've seen around here in about 10 years
This is the most snow I've seen since I was 6 or 7 years old. We just never got much snow in NC and PA hasn't had this much since I moved up here. I guess the snow is supposed to start here tonight. They're only calling for 5 or 6 inches though which sounds great compared to last week.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #36
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Jeez, you guys just can't catch a break.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:26 PM   #37
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
Jeez, you guys just can't catch a break.
It's coming down good right now.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #38
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

If you guys haven't already, my employer has Dynasty for DIRT CHEAP right now. Seasons 1 - 3 (volumes 1 and 2 of season 3) are running for $9 each.

I think season 4, volume 1 is $15 and volume 2 is $25.

My TV-DVD collection has seen a HUGE jump as of late because OMG SO MANY DIRT-CHEAP DVDS ALL OVER THE PLACE. In case you haven't figured it out already, I grabbed Dynasty S2 and S3, but haven't gotten both volumes of S4 yet.

GOGOGOGOGO HURRY
Old 02-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #39
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
If you guys haven't already, my employer has Dynasty for DIRT CHEAP right now. Seasons 1 - 3 (volumes 1 and 2 of season 3) are running for $9 each.

My TV-DVD collection has seen a HUGE jump as of late because OMG SO MANY DIRT-CHEAP DVDS ALL OVER THE PLACE. In case you haven't figured it out already, I grabbed Dynasty S2 and S3, but haven't gotten both volumes of S4 yet.

GOGOGOGOGO HURRY
Wow that is dirt cheap. I think it pays to wait a few years to buy some of these sets. I paid $30 a set for my Dallas DVDs and now some of them have been on sale dirt cheap too.

How are you enjoying Dynasty Allison? I never watched it much when it was originally on but I got hooked on it when it went into syndication.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #40
Skywalker
Forum Veteran

Sonny, I've watched the first 5 episodes of Dallas Season 12 and I'm confused... is this really Dallas or is it the sequel to Cool Hand Luke? Heck, with George Kennedy on the show now it's hard to tell. It's not that
bad, but it sure is different. I noticed that Hagman is listed as an executive producer so I'm wondering if he's partly responsible for the direction this show went in during the last few seasons. I do like J.R.'s new girlfriend/soon to be wife although she doesn't look a day over 18.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #41
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Sonny, I've watched the first 5 episodes of Dallas Season 12 and I'm confused... is this really Dallas or is it the sequel to Cool Hand Luke? Heck, with George Kennedy on the show now it's hard to tell. It's not that
bad, but it sure is different. I noticed that Hagman is listed as an executive producer so I'm wondering if he's partly responsible for the direction this show went in during the last few seasons. I do like J.R.'s new girlfriend/soon to be wife although she doesn't look a day over 18.
It does have that Cool Hand Luke feeling toward it. I'm not sure if Hagman was responsible for the switch in character or not. He always said that he was just an Executive Producer in name only. JR just became a shadow of his former self though in the last few seasons. Can you picture the JR from season 1 getting put on a chain gang? The show wasn't awful but it was not as great as it once was. The last 2 seasons are worse though because you get more and more new characters and they weren't as good as the ones they replaced. Cally really was young. The first time I saw her she guest starred on an episode of Growing Pains as a date of Mike Seavers. That tells you how young she was. I think that's where the Dallas producers first saw her too.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #42
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

I have to admit I didnt like the chain gang storyline on season 12 of Dallas. For starters J.R was way too sharp to let himself get in a mess like that. Second, while Cally was pretty, she was waitress in a small southern town. Normally JR wouldnt have given her the time of day. I did like the ranch war storyline though, they were Steve Kanaly's last appearaces until he showed up on the last episode.

I once read that the writers felt that JR should have a younger wife, so I guess thats why we got the Cally storyline.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #43
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Quote:

GOGOGOGOGO HURRY

Where do you work?
Old 02-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #44
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMac
Where do you work?

Go to my FB and look for my "I can tell when you fart" status from early yesterday - the first person who commented on it mentions where I work. I don't have it listed in my work info on my FB, cuz I'm not dumb. Anyway. You'll know where I am when you look there.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #45
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
Wow that is dirt cheap. I think it pays to wait a few years to buy some of these sets. I paid $30 a set for my Dallas DVDs and now some of them have been on sale dirt cheap too.

How are you enjoying Dynasty Allison? I never watched it much when it was originally on but I got hooked on it when it went into syndication.

I must tell the truth... I have a huge backlog of DVDs to watch right now, Dynasty is just gonna have to wait for a bit. I'm trying to breeze through 7th Heaven... I can't believe they only have two more seasons left to release now. Their 10th season will be on DVD next month, and I haven't heard anything about the 11th season. So far I have 1-6 and 9... I better hurry up and find 7-8, because I've been breezing through the seasons at an alarming rate (halfway thru the 5th season now).

I seriously hope the DVDs I bought in 2003-2004 still work... Remember the problem I was having with getting the pilot of Hunter to play? I believe I bought season 1 back in 2005. So yeah. But then I bought season 1 of Cheers back in 2003, and the discs played just fine when I played them last.

Sorry, just realizing how much I've sunk in DVDs in the last 8 years. Ouch.