Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Tyler Perry's House of Payne links at Sitcoms Online / Tyler Perry's House of Payne Photo Gallery

House of Payne - Volume One - Episodes 1-20

Buy House of Payne - Volume One - Episodes 1-20 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Two - Episodes 21-40

Buy House of Payne - Volume Two - Episodes 21-40 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Three - Episodes 41-60

Buy House of Payne - Volume Three - Episodes 41-60 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Four - Episodes 61-80

Buy House of Payne - Volume Four - Episodes 61-80 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Five - Episodes 81-100

Buy House of Payne - Volume Five - Episodes 81-100 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Six - Episodes 101-124

Buy House of Payne - Volume Six - Episodes 101-124 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Seven - Episodes 125-148

Buy House of Payne - Volume Seven - Episodes 125-148 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Eight - Episodes 149-172

Buy House of Payne - Volume Eight - Episodes 149-172 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Nine - Episodes 173-192

Buy House of Payne - Volume Nine - Episodes 173-192 on DVD
House of Payne - Volume Ten - Episodes 193-212

Buy House of Payne - Volume Ten - Episodes 193-212 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 2000s Sitcoms > Tyler Perry's House of Payne
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

View Poll Results: Why do you watch any show produced by Tyler Perry?
I like Tyler Perry productions because? 0 0%
I don't like Tyler Perry productions because? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
black325
Occasional Poster

TV Why do you watch the Tyler Perry sitcom, House of Payne?

Hello, I am a graduate student at the University of Arkansas and I am conducting research on Cultural Studies...I am very interested to know why you watch House of Payne. All information collected will be used confidentially (no account names or other personal information). I only want to know why you watch the show, and what does the show do for you-or better yet, what do you get out of watching the show? The only other interested information I need is your race. I Thank you in advance!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Courtnee
Forum Veteran
MAN VS SAMMICH.

Send a message via AIM to Courtnee Send a message via MSN to Courtnee

I don't. That show is dumb as hell.

Also I'm white.
I gotta fly once, I gotta try once,
Only can die once, right, sir?
Ooh, life is juicy, juicy and you see,
I gotta have my bite, sir.
Get ready for me love, 'cause I'm a "comer"
I simply gotta march, my heart's a drummer
Don't bring around the cloud to rain on my parade
Old 11-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
black325
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtnee
I don't. That show is dumb as hell.

Also I'm white.

Thanks for you opinion Courtnee... Why do you think its dumb?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
Courtnee
Forum Veteran
MAN VS SAMMICH.

Send a message via AIM to Courtnee Send a message via MSN to Courtnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by black325
Thanks for you opinion Courtnee... Why do you think its dumb?
I just don't understand what's so funny about it. It almost is insulting to my intelligence.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Enough of Tyler Perry. We dont need to see another movie with a black man in drag as an overweight black woman. Any black male actor with any kind of self respect should burn a scrip that requires him to wear a dress.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMac
Enough of Tyler Perry. We dont need to see another movie with a black man in drag as an overweight black woman. Any black male actor with any kind of self respect should burn a scrip that requires him to wear a dress.

Just because Mr. Perry is in drag does not mean he has issues. The Madea character is hilarious and entertaining to watch. There are lessons to be learned as well. I think Tyler Perry is doing a great job. I want to see his play "Madea's Happy Family" live onstage when he comes to NY. I will also see the movie version when it comes out in February.

As far as why I watch House of Payne, at first I watched it because of the Tyler Perry name attached to it and the fact that he was playing Madea in the first episode. I eventually became invested in the characters that were on the show. I became drawn to the characters like they were close friends and even family. Much like a drama, I want to find out what's happening with such and such. It becomes intriguing and then you get together with others and you chat about who is doing what one the show. The show is much better now than what it was three years ago. There are some things on the show that I could have done without though but overall, I love the show. I am looking foward to the new epiosodes early next year. Sorry that I did not give the topic any attention when posted. I overlooked it accidentally.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
JoPol_wannabe

The resason I like this show is because I think this show is funny. I love the the chemistery between Curtis and Ella Payne, like that commerical they have for the show where Curtis yells out for Ella to come and he makes it sound like an emergency and when she come she says what and he is like where is the tv remote, I think that is really funny. So that's why I like that show.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #8
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Jo, you saw that commercial too, huh? The editors at TBS put that together and stretched it. LOL. My favorite promo is the hip hop one: :"I'm Curtis Payne. I don't let nobody push me around". LOL. That is my favorite. Plus, I love when Ella yells "Curtis, Curtis, Cuuuurrrtisss!" LOL.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #9
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I watch the show because of Allen Payne's fine ass wife Janine who's real name is Demetria McKinney. ThomasE, can you post some pictures of her please? She is so hot. I wish Tyler would put her in his movies. I also watch it because of the father Curtis. He is so funny. I like Allen Payne too. Eva Pigford's fine ass has been on a few episodes and i like her too. She was Curtis's son ex-girlfriend and they're married in real life. I watched this past Wednesday's episodes and they were pretty good. I was happy to see Janine Wednesday when Keisha Knight Pulliam had a baby shower because i hadn't seen her in awhile and that's why i had stopped watching it because i didn't see enough of her. Janine got a nice booty LOL.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #10
hawkeye123

I watch Tyler Perrys house of Payne.Because it's absoloutley hillarious and,it teaches great lessons.Just like all great sitcoms should.Everything i have ever seen by Tyler Perry was great.Especally the Madea movies.Back to House Of Payne.As much as i like Curtis.I think Ella is actually my fav
George Costanza: George Costanza as you know him, Ceases to Exist! You see, right now, I have Relationship George, but there is also Independent George. That's the George you know, the George you grew up with - Movie George, Coffee shop George, Liar George, Bawdy George.
Jerry Seinfeld: I, I love that George.
George Costanza: Me Too! And he's Dying Jerry! If Relationship George walks through this door, he will Kill Independent George! A George, divided against itself, Cannot Stand!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
Larenz09
Forum Regular
Gary Coleman, we'll miss you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123
I watch Tyler Perrys house of Payne.Because it's absoloutley hillarious and,it teaches great lessons.Just like all great sitcoms should.Everything i have ever seen by Tyler Perry was great.Especally the Madea movies.Back to House Of Payne.As much as i like Curtis.I think Ella is actually my fav

I like Curtis, Ella and all the rest of the klan as well!!

There are sometimes drama and tense moments but it is, for the most part, hillariously entertaining and heartwarming!

In later or present eps, Curtis and Ella became foster parents when they took in and allowed a troubled teen, Deshawn Spears (played by Bobb'e J. Thompson), to stay with them. He sometimes gets into a little trouble himself. He was almost sent back to juvie when they found out that he became an obnoxious and vicious bully, beating up on and terrorizing a little boy.

But he apoligised for it and promised not to do it again. For the most part, he's cool!

I imagine that they still feel the need to help another kid, with Malik & Jasmine not being at the house as much. Seems as though the show still continues on in production, even though it is supposed to end.

Maybe the producers had gotten a flood of requests, asking Tyler not to cancel the show yet.

R.I.P..

Last edited by Larenz09 : 08-11-2016 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #12
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123

Miss Ella: Curtis, Curtis, Curtis, Curtis, Cuuuurrrtis!
Curtis: I'm gon' ta da da da da da da....
Old 07-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
Larenz09
Forum Regular
Gary Coleman, we'll miss you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Miss Ella: Curtis, Curtis, Curtis, Curtis, Cuuuurrrtis!
Curtis: I'm gon' ta da da da da da da....

I've heard most of them say;

"Ya heard me?!!! Ya heard me?!!!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #14
Fallon97
Forum Regular

I love the show and all the characters.