Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Family Ties Online / Family Ties links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Family Ties Photo Gallery

Family Ties - The First Season

Buy Family Ties - The First Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Second Season

Buy Family Ties - The Second Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Third Season

Buy Family Ties - The Third Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Fourth Season

Buy Family Ties - The Fourth Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Fifth Season

Buy Family Ties - The Fifth Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Sixth Season

Buy Family Ties - The Sixth Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Seventh Season

Buy Family Ties - The Seventh Season on DVD
Family Ties - The Complete Series

Buy Family Ties - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Family Ties

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV's Alice Labor Day Marathon; NBC App Adds Saved by the Bell and Heroes
Fresh off the Boat Launches Sept. 1 on UPtv; New Sabrina Begins Oct. 26 on Netflix
Netflix Gets Paul Rudd Comedy from IFC; Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Coming to Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 13, 2018)
SitcomOnline Digest: Discussions Underway for New Seasons of The Big Bang Theory and Modern Family; Trial & Error Looking for Home for Third Season
Fri-Yay: Orange Is the New Black Season 6: A Tightrope Between Comedy and Drama; King of the Hill Labor Day Marathon on Comedy Central
Antenna TV's Coach Back-to-Football Bowl; Nick Drama Returns for Season 2 in September
ION Television Acquires Chicago P.D.; TCA Summer 2018 Press Tour: ABC

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-17-2009, 11:45 PM   #1
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Cool Michael J. Fox to be a Presenter at this Sunday's Emmys

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.a...=20090916cbs04

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Thumbs up

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:48 AM   #3
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Can someone post the article here in this thread please? I have had problems before with the futoncritic website. I would prefer to read the article on here instead. Thanks.
Family Ties Forever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:17 AM   #4
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Here's what it said:

[09.16.09 - 10:43 AM]
THIRD SET OF PRESENTERS ANNOUNCED FOR THE 61ST PRIMETIME EMMY(R) AWARDS AIRING SUNDAY, SEPT. 20, ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
Released by CBS
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIRD SET OF PRESENTERS ANNOUNCED FOR THE 61ST PRIMETIME EMMY(R) AWARDS AIRING SUNDAY, SEPT. 20, ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

Patricia Arquette, David Boreanaz, Jon Cryer, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Rob Lowe, Tracy Morgan, Hayden Panettiere, Bob Newhart, Josh Radnor, Cobie Smulders to Present

Outstanding Guest Actor and Actress in a Drama Series, Michael J. Fox and Ellen Burstyn, to Present

Primetime Emmy Award winners Michael J. Fox and Ellen Burstyn along with nominees Jon Cryer, Tracy Morgan and Bob Newhart, in addition to Patricia Arquette, David Boreanaz, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Rob Lowe, Hayden Panettiere, Josh Radnor and Cobie Smulders will present at the 61ST PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS. The telecast will be broadcast live from the NOKIA Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, Sept. 20 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

PATRICIA ARQUETTE received a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for her role as psychic Allison DuBois on NBC's "Medium" in 2005. For her role on the show, she was nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award and a Golden Globe in 2006, a Golden Globe and an Emmy Award 2007 and she was shortlisted for an Emmy in 2008.

DAVID BOREANAZ stars as Special Agent Seeley Booth on FOX's crime drama series "Bones." After three seasons of playing Angel in the hit series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," he received his own spin-off show, "Angel," which ran from 1999 - 2004. Boreanaz is also currently filming the feature film "Priest."

ELLEN BURSTYN's illustrious acting career encompasses film, stage and television. In 1975 she won both the Academy Award ("Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore") and the Tony Award ("Same Time, Next Year"), and has just won the 2009 Primetime Emmy for her guest appearance in "Law & Order: SVU." She became a national best-selling author in 2006 with the publication of her memoir, "Lessons in Becoming Myself." Devoting much time to the famed Actors Studio, Burstyn serves as co-president with Al Pacino and Harvey Keitel, and lectures throughout the country on a wide range of topics.

JON CRYER received his fourth Primetime Emmy nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his role as Alan Harper in CBS's hit comedy "Two and a Half Men." His other television credits include "The Famous Teddy Z," "Getting Personal," "Partners" and "The Trouble with Normal." Previous movie credits include "No Small Affair," "Pretty in Pink," "Hot Shots!," and, most recently, "Shorts" and "Weather Girl." He co-wrote, produced and starred in the films "The Pompatus of Love" and "Went to Coney Island on a Mission from God...Be Back by Five." Cryer has also gained acclaim for his work on stage in "Torch Song Trilogy," "Brighton Beach Memoirs," "Boy's Life" and "900 Oneonta."

MICHAEL J. FOX won his fifth Primetime Emmy Award at the 2009 Creative Arts Emmy Awards for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for his portrayal of "Dwight" on FX's "Rescue Me." He received his first three consecutively for his role as "Alex P. Keaton" on "Family Ties" and his fourth for his role as Mike Flaherty on "Spin City." Fox's additional television credits include "Boston Legal" and "Scrubs," with feature film credits including the "Back to the Future" and "Stuart Little" trilogies, "Doc Hollywood," "Teen Wolf," "The American President" and "The Frighteners." His foundation, The Michael J. Fox Foundation, is dedicated to finding a cure for Parkinson's disease through an aggressively funded research agenda and to ensuring the development of improved therapies for those living with Parkinson's today.

JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT plays Melinda Gordon on CBS's drama series "Ghost Whisperer." She was also recently seen starring in two independent features, "The Truth About Love" and "If Only," which she produced with her production company LoveSpell Entertainment. She is also known to television audiences as Sarah Reeves from the award-winning drama series "Party of Five."

ROB LOWE stars as Robert McCallister in the critically acclaimed ABC drama series "Brothers & Sisters." He received a Primetime Emmy nomination in 2001 for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for his role as Sam Seaborn in "The West Wing." His additional television credits include "Dr. Vegas," "Beach Girls" and "The Lyon's Den." He became known after appearing in movies such as "The Outsiders" and "St. Elmo's Fire." He will appear in the WB feature film "The Invention of Lying" coming out Oct. 2nd.

TRACY MORGAN received his first Primetime Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for his role as Tracy Jordan on "30 Rock." Morgan's upcoming feature credits include "A Couple of Dicks" opposite Bruce Willis, and "Death at a Funeral" with Chris Rock. He most recently starred in the Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films' animated movie "G-Force," to which he lent his voice and will release his first book "I Am the New Black" in October.

BOB NEWHART is a five-time Primetime Emmy Nominee and has earned his sixth this year for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie for his portrayal of Judson in "The Librarian: The Curse of the Judas Chalice." Newhart's career has spanned several successful television series, 14 feature films and millions of albums sold worldwide and he is the recipient of many honors, including the prestigious "Mark Twain Prize for American Humor," presented by the Kennedy Center and a designation as an "American Master" by PBS. In 1993, Newhart was inducted into the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Hall of Fame.

HAYDEN PANETTIERE was the recipient of a Teen Choice Award in 2009 for Choice TV Actress: Action Adventure for her role as Claire on NBC's "Heroes." She came to professional prominence at the age of 11 with her portrayal of Sheryl Yoast in Disney's "Remember the Titans." She also portrayed Sarah Roberts on "One Life to Live" from 1994-1997 and Lizzie Spaulding on "Guiding Light" from 1996-2000.

JOSH RADNOR is best-known for playing the main character, Ted Mosby, on the CBS sitcom "How I Met Your Mother." In 2002, Radnor made his Broadway debut in the stage version of "The Graduate" alongside Kathleen Turner and Alicia Silverstone. In July 2008, he starred opposite Jennifer Westfeldt in the premiere of the play "Finks."

COBIE SMULDERS stars in the CBS comedy "How I Met Your Mother." She won over audiences as Robin Sherbatsky - a guy's girl, former Canadian teen pop sensation and the only one to ever steal womanizer Barney's heart. Smulders starred as Juliet Droil in the ABC program "Veritas: The Quest," the series marked her first series role for television. She also guest starred on "Sex and the City" and "The L Word."

The 61ST PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS is being produced by Don Mischer Productions. Multiple Emmy Award winner Don Mischer recently produced and directed "We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial," and the Bruce Springsteen Super Bowl XLIII Halftime Show.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:39 AM   #5
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Thanks Monika.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:11 AM   #6
Schmoopie
Sue and Sean Forever!
Forum Veteran

Very cool! Love Michael J Fox!!
Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:10 PM   #7
browneyes106

Cool news. It will be good to see Michael at the Emmys.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
Thanks Monika.
My pleasure, Jenny.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:17 AM   #9
Schmoopie
Sue and Sean Forever!
Forum Veteran

I didn't watch the Emmys, so hopefully I'll be able to catch a little on Youtube. I'm not big on awards shows at all.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #10
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

Michael J Foxx Looked great
Old 09-23-2009, 04:22 AM   #11
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

MJF at the 61st Annual Emmy's
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2009, 04:33 AM   #12
Schmoopie
Sue and Sean Forever!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
MJF at the 61st Annual Emmy's
Handsome as always! I love his boyish grin! Now I'm sorry that I missed it!