Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu Picks Up Comedy from Jason Reitman; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of November 3, 2014)
Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Day Marathon, Plus More Classics; MeTV Pays Tribute to Marcia Strassman Tonight
CBS Fall Pilot Review: The McCarthys - Premieres Thursday, Oct. 30; TBS Orders Comedy Pilot from Daily Show Producers
TV Land's Frightfully Funny Roseanne Halloween Marathon; CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of All New Dramas
ABC Cancels Manhattan Love Story; Remembering Marcia Strassman of Welcome Back, Kotter
Week 5 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: First Cancellation of the New Season; CSI Season Cut Short; New Mill Creek DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
TheGoldenGirls1
Frequent Poster

Question I wish that they brought back Nancy Walker's character Aunt Angela more, we only see

I wish that they brought back Nancy Walker's character Aunt Angela more, we only see her in two episodes.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
delawaregeek
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenGirls1
I wish that they brought back Nancy Walker's character Aunt Angela more, we only see her in two episodes.

I don't two episodes was enough for me....she was like Sophia, jr....and there can only be one Sophia I really dislike all the relatives except for Stan. With family like theirs no wonder they wanted to live with strangers (barring sophia and dorothy of course)

Think about it
Blanche's Dad- has affair with Blanche's nanny, springs a new wife considerably younger than Blanche on her then expects Blanche to readily accept it.

Blanche's sister- only comes around when she needs a kidney

Blanche's other sister- only comes around for her dad's watch and to plug her book which may or may not be a ripoff of blanche's life

Blanche's bratty grandson- stirring up trouble and inviting weird people to the house who steal

Blanche's slutty niece- I guess she wasn't that bad except she's trying to take Blanche's Florida tramp title

Dorothy's Uncle- doesn't invite Dorothy to his housewarming party eventhough she's the one who let him live there RENT FREE then he turns her in as a slum lord

Dorothy's daughter- basically tells Dorothy she doesn't know anything then sides with her cheating husband

Dorothy's son- "That's my boy, That's my dad....That's my money!"

Rose's daughter-screams at Rose for spending Charlie's non-existent money. It's Rose's money!! I hated this girl just because your parent dies doesn't mean you hit the lottery.

Rose's daughter- screams at Blanche and Dorothy when Rose was in the hospital...heifer

Rose's sister- steals Rose's friends and backstabs Rose then sleeps with Blanche''s boyfriend

Rose's other sister- tries to guilt Rose into doing things because the sister's blind.

No wonder I hate everyone but my Golden Girls
Old 08-22-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

it would have been nice to see Nancy Walker on more episodes of The Golden Girl's
Old 08-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
ratherbwatchinGG
Frequent Poster

This actually made me laugh! Besides Stan who I actually really liked.
The only other relative I thought was fun was uncle Angelo and probably because of the actor. I thought Bill Dana did a great uncle angelo.

Agreed - love the girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delawaregeek
I don't two episodes was enough for me....she was like Sophia, jr....and there can only be one Sophia I really dislike all the relatives except for Stan. With family like theirs no wonder they wanted to live with strangers (barring sophia and dorothy of course)

Think about it
Blanche's Dad- has affair with Blanche's nanny, springs a new wife considerably younger than Blanche on her then expects Blanche to readily accept it.

Blanche's other sister- only comes around for her dad's watch and to plug her book which may or may not be a ripoff of blanche's life

Blanche's bratty grandson- stirring up trouble and inviting weird people to the house who steal

Blanche's slutty niece- I guess she wasn't that bad except she's trying to take Blanche's Florida tramp title

Dorothy's Uncle- doesn't invite Dorothy to his housewarming party eventhough she's the one who let him live there RENT FREE then he turns her in as a slum lord

Dorothy's daughter- basically tells Dorothy she doesn't know anything then sides with her cheating husband

Rose's daughter-screams at Rose for spending Charlie's non-existent money. It's Rose's money!! I hated this girl just because your parent dies doesn't mean you hit the lottery.

Rose's daughter- screams at Blanche and Dorothy when Rose was in the hospital...heifer

Rose's sister- steals Rose's friends and backstabs Rose then sleeps with Blanche''s boyfriend

Rose's other sister- tries to guilt Rose into doing things because the sister's blind.

Old 08-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
browneyes106

I agree I wish she was in more episodes.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #6
Karen197488
Frequent Poster
The Golden Girls 1985-1992

I found that Nancy Walker "Angela" was only in two episodes of the Golden Girls as Sophia's sister. I agree too they could have had Angela in Sophia's wedding episode.

Season 2

#37 The Sisters
#44 Long Days Journey into the Marinara
Old 08-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
McGillicuddy

Quote:

Think about it

Dorothy's sister went to bed with Stan!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:58 PM   #8
delawaregeek
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by markway895
Dorothy's sister went to bed with Stan!!!!

Absolutely Mark!! Can't believe I forgot about that one. Plus she tried to steal Sophia. Also Clayton was about the only other relative I could stand besides Stan.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
McGillicuddy

Quote:
Absolutely Mark!! Can't believe I forgot about that one. Plus she tried to steal Sophia. Also Clayton was about the only other relative I could stand besides Stan.

Somebody else that was likeable was Rose's mother, Alma. She was fun.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
mrcashmanmiller
Occasional Poster

Ya, the relative that I could not stand was Rose's daughter Kirsten. She is so selfish. It's as though she's waiting for mommy to die so she can go on a spending spree. Then when Rose is in the hospital she's terrible to Dorothy, Blanche, and Sophia. "I'm her daughter,....you share a house together." Well, unlike her they were actually there for her!

And Blanche's brother Clayton is a very interesting one as he was the only relative I see whom never asked for anything or caused any problems. It was Blanche who caused all the problems with this relationship, as she admitted.

Other than Clayton, I really don't see any other relatives who didn't just come down for an actual visit or just came down because they wanted something or needed something.

And I of course loved Stan, because he was just Stan!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #11
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Nancy Walker just rocked. No matter which show she was in, no matter which character she played, she stole every scene she was in!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 12-04-2009, 04:53 AM   #12
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

Me, too... Nancy was absolutely fabulous in the role of Angela and would have made the perfect foil for Sophia's character! Imagine the trouble those two would have gotten into!

Thank You for Being a Friend: A Golden Girls Trivia Book

The Totally Awesome 80s TV Trivia Book!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #13
JL82
Frequent Poster

Quote:

Think about it

I guess I'm not sure it would have been so awful of Charmayne to base a character on Blanche, even if she really did...a lot of authors take off on real things and real people. It's not like she humiliated Blanche by advertising, "Vixen is based on my sister." And frankly, I although thought Blanche wanted her escapades to be famous.

I don't like adults feeling entitled to their parents' money, but the fact that the Kirsten believed there WAS money, which Rose had spent, was because Rose led her to believe that. I found it strange that Rose, who yelled at a cop for lying to a mobster at one point in the series, felt the need to lie to her children so they wouldn't think their father was a failure for not making more money.

I think she was basically a decent person who had something very difficult to deal with and just wasn't dealing with it in the best way, at first.

Old 12-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
JL82
Frequent Poster

One that delewaregeek left out was David, the so-called son of George Deveraux. Granted, he didn't get to choose the circumstances of his birth, and he does say "I know this is painful for you," but he seems to feel entitled for Blanche to put that aside so he can get what he wants, even if that's only information. And he totally destroys Blanche's memories, when they're all she had left of George. Frankly, I hoped the episode would end with finding out he was a fake. I've read about how people who show up claiming to be illegitimate children of a widow's late spouse are usually con artists. But then, David didn't actually ask for any money from George's estate.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #15
JR1
Forum Regular

Spaking of relatives- the GG wasn't the best with relatives' history and such- it never mentioned Rose's parents passing on (she referenced them not beign alive once), and Blanche talked about sons she had, yet only one ever appeared (in GP, no less).

Would have been nice to see Angela on a couple more times; Angel made several apperances, after all. Nancy Walker passed on in the year GG went off the air- pehaps she was ill in the years before 1992?