Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Room 222 links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Room 222 Photo Gallery

Room 222 - Season One

Buy Room 222 - Season One on DVD
Room 222 - Season Two

Buy Room 222 - Season Two on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Room 222
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Simpsons Comes to FXX in Style; New Fox MOD Releases; Welcome Back, Kotter on DVD?
Stephen Colbert to Take Over Late Show on CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 14, 2014)
UP TV 2014 Upfront; TV Land Revives Candid Camera
The CW Schedules Sitcom This Summer from Online World; NBC's Comedy Playground Initiative: You Decide The Next Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-25-2001, 04:38 AM   #1
Will
Frequent Poster

Question What is Karen Valentine doing now?

What is Karen Valentine doing now?
Old 01-02-2002, 10:49 PM   #2
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

Red face

I would like to know this too. She dissappeared.........

***SAY NO TO DRUGS***

Jesus saves...
Old 01-14-2002, 11:04 PM   #3
Tiger32
Forum Regular

I am not sure what Karen is doing these days, but she is relatively young (around 53) so she still has many years left on this earth. As a kid I had the biggest crush on her. I remember her from some of the Love American Style episodes. I did not get a chance to see her in Room 222, but I wish I knew of a place that shows this series in syndication, because I hear it was a fantastic television show.
Old 06-06-2002, 08:07 AM   #4
Shooting Starr
Occasional Poster

Exclamation What's Karen Valentine's Latest Venture?

Karen Valentine is supposed to have her own website. I saw the front page last weekend which has her best known character Teacher's Aide Alice Johnson. You have to be a little patient for it.

However, she can be seen recurringly on the ORIGINAL HOLLYWOOD SQUARES with Peter Marshall (NOT Tom Bergeron) on Game Show Network.

BE PATIENT!
Old 06-07-2002, 12:46 AM   #5
baronzzz
Frequent Poster

I saw her on Family Law last season or the season before. And also she does theatre. I saw her in person about 5 or 6 years ago(she bought tickets at a box office in L.A. where I worked at the time) and she was very nice and looked great.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:24 AM   #6
Fan of old shows
Forum Regular

i think the cast has well been forgotten.
Old 10-20-2002, 03:52 AM   #7
Shooting Starr
Occasional Poster

Like the show itself, Karen Valentine is STILL a mystery.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:31 PM   #8
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

Listed in tv guide on the Hallmark channell was a movie with John Larrequette and Karen. It was movie with 3 brides getting married. ? all his daughters. The date of the movie was 2004/ So it was just done last year. Whether it is the same Karen valentine is ?? But I don't know of any other.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #9
eddie146
Frequent Poster

Karen Valentine Portfolio
Actress - filmography
(2000s) (1990s) (1980s) (1970s) (1960s)

Wedding Daze (2004) (TV) .... Audrey Landry

The Power Within (1995) .... Clyda
... aka Power Man
The Emancipation of Lizzie Stern (1991) (TV)

Perfect People (1988) (TV) .... Margo
A Fighting Choice (1986) (TV) .... Meg Taylor
He's Fired, She's Hired (1984) (TV) .... Annabelle Grier
Children in the Crossfire (1984) (TV) .... Pam Chandler
Jane Doe (1983) (TV) .... Victoria Schaffer
Illusions (1983) (TV) .... Linda Dobbins
... aka A Deadly Puzzle (UK)
Skeezer (1982) (TV) .... Carrie Jessup
Money on the Side (1982) (TV) .... Janice Vernon
Muggable Mary, Street Cop (1982) (TV) .... Mary Glatzle

The North Avenue Irregulars (1979) .... Jane/June Bride, Irregular
... aka Hill's Angels (UK)
Go West, Young Girl (1978) (TV) .... Netty Booth
Return to Fantasy Island (1978) (TV) .... Janet Fleming
... aka Fantasy Island II (USA)
Hot Lead and Cold Feet (1978) .... Jenny Willingham
... aka Hot Lead & Cold Feet (USA: poster title)
Murder at the World Series (1977) (TV) .... Lois Marshall
... aka The Woman in Box 359
Having Babies (1976) (TV) .... Beth Paterno
... aka Giving Birth (USA)
Forever Young, Forever Free (1976) .... Carol Anne
... aka E' Lollipop
... aka Lollipop
The Love Boat (1976) (TV) .... Ellen Carmichael
"Karen" (1975) TV Series .... Karen Angelo
The Girl Who Came Gift-Wrapped (1974) (TV) .... Sandy Benson
Coffee, Tea or Me? (1973) (TV) .... Carol Burnham/Carol Burns
The Daughters of Joshua Cabe (1972) (TV) .... Charity

Gidget Grows Up (1969) (TV) .... Gidget Lawrence
"Room 222" (1969) TV Series .... Alice Johnson

Filmography as: Actress, Herself, Notable TV Guest Appearances

Herself - filmography
(1980s) (1960s)

"Our Time" (1985) TV Series .... Herself

"Dream Girl of '67" (1966) TV Series .... TV Hostess (12/26/1966-12/29/1967)
"The Hollywood Squares" (1966) TV Series .... Herself (semi-regular, 1971-1977)

Filmography as: Actress, Herself, Notable TV Guest Appearances

Notable TV Guest Appearances

"Family Law" playing "Karen Anderson Bell" in episode: "Affairs of the State" (episode # 2.3) 16 October 2000
"Cybill" playing "Wanda" in episode: "Three Women and a Dummy" (episode # 2.23) 13 May 1996
"The Untouchables" playing "Pascualina Petucci" in episode: "Til Death Do Us Part" (episode # 2.15) 13 February 1994
"Monsters" in episode: "The Young and the Headless" (episode # 3.9) 25 November 1990
"The Twilight Zone" playing "Nurse Claire Hendricks" in episode: "Many, Many Monkeys" (episode # 3.25) 18 March 1989
"Murder, She Wrote" playing "Ellen Cosgrove" in episode: "Murder Through the Looking Glass" (episode # 4.16) 21 February 1988
"Hotel" playing "Rebecca Lloyd" in episode: "Second Thoughts" (episode # 4.20) 20 May 1987
"Mike Hammer" playing "Sister Amelia" in episode: "Who Killed Sister Lorna?" (episode # 3.14) 11 February 1987
"Eischied" playing "Margaret Manning" in episode: "Only the Pretty Girls Die: Part 2" (episode # 1.2) 28 September 1979
"Eischied" playing "Margaret Manning" in episode: "Only the Pretty Girls Die: Part 1" (episode # 1.1) 21 September 1979
"The Love Boat" playing "Taffy Martino" in episode: "Hollywood Royalty/Caper, The/Eyes of Love, The/Masquerade: Part 2" (episode # 1.16) 21 January 1978
"The Love Boat" playing "Taffy Martino" in episode: "Hollywood Royalty/Caper, The/Eyes of Love, The/Masquerade: Part 1" (episode # 1.15) 21 January 1978
"Starsky and Hutch" playing "Diana Harmon" in episode: "Fatal Charm" (episode # 3.2) 24 September 1977
"Dinah!" playing "Herself" 26 July 1977
"McMillan and Wife" playing "Sgt. Maureen Rupert" in episode: "Dark Sunrise" (episode # 6.2) 2 January 1977
"Baretta" playing "Holly" in episode: "A Bite of the Apple" (episode # 2.9) 5 November 1975
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 30 May 1973
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 17 April 1973
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 12 January 1973
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 10 November 1972
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 12 September 1972
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 5 June 1972
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 10 May 1972
"Owen Marshall: Counselor at Law" playing "Donna Cohen" in episode: "Murder in the Abstract" (episode # 1.23) 2 March 1972
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 25 February 1972
"Love, American Style" in episode: "Love and the Scroungers" (episode # 3.19b) 4 February 1972
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 31 January 1972
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 19 November 1971
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 2 November 1971
"Love, American Style" in episode: "Love and the Four-Sided Triangle" (episode # 3.6c) 22 October 1971
"Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" playing "Herself - Guest Performer" (episode # 5.4) 4 October 1971
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 9 August 1971
"The Bold Ones: The New Doctors" playing "Gayle Ritter" in episode: "Tender Predator" (episode # 2.8) 14 February 1971
"The Merv Griffin Show" playing "Herself" 26 October 1970
"Love, American Style" in episode: "Love and the Elopement" (episode # 2.5a) 23 October 1970
"The Merv Griffin Show" playing "Herself" 9 September 1970
"The Dick Cavett Show" playing "Herself" 24 June 1970
"Love, American Style" in episode: "Love and the Co-ed Dorm" (episode # 1.19a) 13 February 1970
"The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson" playing "Herself" 13 January 1970
"Toast of the Town" playing "Singer/Dancer" (episode # 17.26) 29 March 1964

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 10-07-2005, 12:22 PM   #10
blackbeard
Forum Regular
B.O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecup
Listed in tv guide on the Hallmark channell was a movie with John Larrequette and Karen. It was movie with 3 brides getting married. ? all his daughters. The date of the movie was 2004/ So it was just done last year. Whether it is the same Karen valentine is ?? But I don't know of any other.

I saw part of this movie the other day and she still looks great. It is Karen from Room 222 in this movie
Old 10-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #11
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

Here are 2 photos of Karen. I miss her.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2006, 03:37 AM   #12
heresmargo
First Time Poster

Default Karen Valentine

I am also interested in knowing where and what Karen Valentine is doing now. I grew up in the same town as her (Sebastopol, Calif). I lived not very far from her. She is a few years older than me. She was in the same class as one of my cousins. I wonder if she remembers him.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:20 AM   #13
Berfie
Occasional Poster

I see I'm not alone wondering whatever happen to Karen. I really loved Room
222 and always looked forward to the next episode. I just enjoyed the show and Karen. There was something about Karen that I loved, maybe because I found her to be a nice person. Whenever I see a photo of Karen, just brings back fond memories of my childhood back in the 70's.

I did happen to have the pleasure to meet Karen sometime around 1974. Having lived in Hayward, California, our local newspaper announced that there was going to be some model homes that will be showcasing for people to come and view the models and guess who will make a special appearance......yep.....KAREN VALENTINE

I asked my dad if we are going, and yep we went. Me and my parents drove out to Newark, California which so very near to us. As we arrived, we went to see the model homes and as we got to finish viewing we left to find a tent area and there was who? our favorite gal...KAREN.

My father suggested for me to get in line to have a photo taken with her like everyone else, and so I did. Then it was my turn and I went up to her and we both faced my father who was taking pictures of me and her. She stood behind me and placed her hands on my shoulders and asked my name and I told her and as a little girl, I just felt so comfortable around. I didn't get this impression of "Oh, I'm a star", or nothing of that. She was so down to Earth, I just started to converse a little. Well what happen surprised my mom and dad, lol. My father stopped taking pictures and told me that he is finished and now I can leave. Well what did Karen do? She refused to let me go

So now we have group of people standing around the tent taking pictures of me and Karen My mother stated she overheard someone saying I was Karen's daughter, so shoot away.

Then Karen notice my parents wanted to go, so Karen stated that it was nice to have me met. I said the same in return. I will never forget that day.

Also I recall vaguely she had long hair much more lighter than you see on Room 222 and she was married. I remember this man sitting inside the tent and he had a mustache. Not sure but I think she divorced him. From what I heard that he didn't treat her right.

Whatever the case may be, that sure made my day, that I took my experience for Show and Tell in class .

Looking back now, I can never forget how gentle and nice Karen was. I hope she realize that she is not forgotten, especially from a former little girl who grew up still having fond memories of that day. Where ever you are Karen, I hope I get to met you again just to say Thank You for making that day special for me.

Also I just realized there are many folks out there in the Bay Area who have pictures of me and Karen I have those photos around, but I need to find them, so hopefully I can post them here.

Bye
Old 09-25-2007, 09:57 PM   #14
TEXACO
Occasional Poster

KAREN VALENTINE IS 60 YEARS OLD NOW. I LAST SAW HER IN WEDDING DAZE ON THE HALLMARK CHANNEL IN 2004. SHE STILL IS PRETTY.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:05 AM   #15
OH Nuts!
Forum Celebrity
Riding on the Cannonball!

Thumbs up

Thanks for the great thread Will and all for your info.

xxoo You both Rock!!