Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #76
Big C
I Heart Angie Watson

This is one of those stunning days- two significant names in entertainment pass away on the same day.

This reminds me of in 2003, when John Ritter and Johnny Cash tragically passed away on the same day.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #77
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
CNN has been reporting on it for at least 20 minutes now. Once I got online and saw that Farrah died, I turned to CNN to see if they were talking about it, but they were already talking about MJ, which pretty much made my jaw drop out of shock.
CNN just said that the LA Times is reporting it, but "CNN can't confirm it now." It's also written on the bottom "CNN has not confirmed."
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #78
Nighthawk76
Forum Veteran
Rachel Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyP0WER
cnn just played a clip from the thriller video with him dancing as a corpse or zombie, does anyone else think thats tacky? i know it was a major hit but the visuals of that music video at this time seems morbid

When I was six years old and the "Thriller" video first came out, it really scared me. The scene where he turned into a warewolf gave me more than one nightmare.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #79
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Oh man. I wasn't an OMFGFAN of him or anything, but he fascinated me.

What a crazy, crazy day to remember. Two amazing names, both gone in the same day.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #80
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
This is one of those stunning days- two significant names in entertainment pass away on the same day.

This reminds me of in 2003, when John Ritter and Johnny Cash tragically passed away on the same day.
God, that was such a sad day. I cried for quite a while when I found out John Ritter died.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #81
PunkyP0WER
Banned!!
WAKE UP & DREAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine
When I was six years old and the "Thriller" video first came out, it really scared me. The scene where he turned into a warewolf gave me more than one nightmare.
the first videos i remember ever seeing him were 'black and white' and 'remember the time' and the 'free willy' song.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #82
JulieSomoski
Watch Medium, Fridays on CBS!

Quote:
for whatever faults or alleged misdeeds, he deserves credit and respect for his talent. i'm not a major fan myself but no matter what he was or did, his talent can't be taken away from him and he made an everlasting impact on pop culture, americana and paved the way for modern music as we know it

That's true. He was a great performer, and one of the greatest musicians ever. You can make fun of him all you want, but his music will always be great.

Two of my local radio stations are playing his music right now. I can't believe his comeback concert was to start in just 3 weeks. Wow

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #83
Nighthawk76
Forum Veteran
Rachel Berry

Quote:
the first videos i remember ever seeing him were 'black and white' and 'remember the time' and the 'free willy' song.

The "Thriller" video was groundbreaking for its time. It was like a mini-movie. It does seem a little tacky now though. However, it certainly had an effect on me as a kid, that's for sure.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #84
Big C
I Heart Angie Watson

He will never be forgotten.

This CD is, IMO, the epitome of how good a performer he was.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #85
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

CNN finally gets on board.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #86
platinumblondelife
smooches.

Oh my God!! I'm just in shock right now...

I want your love &
I want your revenge
You and me could write
a bad romance

I want your love
& all your lovers' revenge
you and me could write
a bad romance

jezebel.com
Old 06-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #87
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I'd like to know what's CNN's problem is. They haven't reported him dead yet.

Good question but maybe they just wanted to make sure?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #88
waichingliu81
debbie allen

Quote:
for whatever faults or alleged misdeeds, he deserves credit and respect for his talent. i'm not a major fan myself but no matter what he was or did, his talent can't be taken away from him and he made an everlasting impact on pop culture, americana and paved the way for modern music as we know it

but of course. he was a great performer and dancer- nobody can moonwalk better than jacko and i liked a lot of his songs, especially when he was in the jackson five and during the 80s with LPs like bad and thriller. apart from prince, he was one of the very few male pop artists to have hit after hit in that decade. and yes his success paved the way for people like justin timberlake, usher. so for that in particular he should be praised for setting the standards that others had to follow.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:13 PM   #89
PunkyP0WER
Banned!!
WAKE UP & DREAM

i remember the black and white video was the first controversy i ever heard about him. when it debuted there was a part where he jumped on the hood of a car and grabbed his "nether regions" and people got very upset at the time. i think it was quickly edited out. not too long after that came all the other scandals but he was a true talent, a fantastic singer who put on not just a show but an event when he performed and really changed the face of pop music. he was a great showman and he deserves his place in music history.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #90
James"Thunder"Early
Whoever's In New England

RIP, Michael was truly iconic.

Peggy Mitchell: Get outta my pub!

You better pray you get the last laugh, it's a kick in the teeth when you don't get it.