Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #526
andress_jade
RIP Sweet Princess Carrie

Send a message via MSN to andress_jade Send a message via Yahoo to andress_jade

This is so wrong. I know it was done years ago, but I don't find it funny. Of course a lot of people find it funny. I just find it insulting. He didn't molest any children. Maybe we should band together and try to get it banned off of You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g58r...eature=related
In Memoriam: John Ritter, Hayden Rorke, Sidney Sheldon, Bob Denver, Don Knotts, Andy Griffith, Elizabeth Montgomery, Bea Arthur, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, David Angell, Christopher Reeve, Shirley Temple Black, Larry Hagman, Lucille Ball, Patrick Swayze, Robin Williams, Alan Thicke, Mary Tyler Moore, Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #527
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran
Jonah and Amy Forever!

Crazy

I was going to post this in the political forum, but this forum seems more appropriate.

Okay, now I've heard everything. Last night I was watching CNN or some station and they were talking about Pres. Obama. They kept saying "We are awaiting word from the President regarding Michael Jackson's death." They finally showed Pres. Obama's speech and then of course the news had to "analyze" what he said, by mentioning that this was the first time he had spoken directly to the press about Michael and not through his advisors.

I admire and respect Pres. Obama so this has nothing to do with him, and I am still saddened over the death of Michael Jackson. Still, I found it ridiculous that the press had to make such an issue over President Obama's statment about Michael Jackson. It was as though there was a national tragedy (like 9/11) and they were "awaiting word" for a statment from the President.

Just seemed a little to me.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:00 AM   #528
JulieSomoski
Watch Medium, Fridays on CBS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
I was going to post this in the political forum, but this forum seems more appropriate.

Okay, now I've heard everything. Last night I was watching CNN or some station and they were talking about Pres. Obama. They kept saying "We are awaiting word from the President regarding Michael Jackson's death." They finally showed Pres. Obama's speech and then of course the news had to "analyze" what he said, by mentioning that this was the first time he had spoken directly to the press about Michael and not through his advisors.

I admire and respect Pres. Obama so this has nothing to do with him, and I am still saddened over the death of Michael Jackson. Still, I found it ridiculous that the press had to make such an issue over President Obama's statment about Michael Jackson. It was as though there was a national tragedy (like 9/11) and they were "awaiting word" for a statment from the President.

I find it funny that President Obama had to make a speech regarding Michael's death. What did he say about it exactly?

It makes me laugh how all of a sudden, it's like every cable news station has nothing else to report besides Michael's death. That's the only thing they've been covering since last Thursday, yet on a normal day, they have plenty of news to cover.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #529
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran
Jonah and Amy Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
I find it funny that President Obama had to make a speech regarding Michael's death. What did he say about it exactly?

It makes me laugh how all of a sudden, it's like every cable news station has nothing else to report besides Michael's death. That's the only thing they've been covering since last Thursday, yet on a normal day, they have plenty of news to cover.

I think he just said that Michael was a great perfomer and that it will be his music that he will be remembered for and not all the tabloid stuff (my words, not his. I cant' remember exactly what he said). He said that he sent condolences to the Jacksons. It was nicely done, but you're right. The media had to say something about the President, so why not stick in a Michael Jackson reference!?!
Old 07-04-2009, 06:19 AM   #530
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
...I found it ridiculous that the press had to make such an issue over President Obama's statment about Michael Jackson. It was as though there was a national tragedy (like 9/11) and they were "awaiting word" for a statment from the President.

It IS crazy, but that's what comes from having a celebrity in the White House. Celebrities have been commenting on Jackson's death for the past week... Obama is just another celebrity.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:57 AM   #531
Tweety

Attached Images

Old 07-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #532
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I too suffer from insomnia (my father and his mother were/are also notorious light sleepers) so I can understand the frustration of not getting enough sleep. That being said, Diprivan is POWERFUL stuff. One of the staff members interviewed said she refused to get it for him. But the sad thing about Michael is that he had so many enablers and not enough looking out for his own best interest. Cathie said she believes the Diprivan is probably the main cause of death - and it wouldn't surprise me either if it is.

Same here, this past year I've had really bad insomnia and yes, you get so frustrated, but there's NO WAY I'd even dream of taking that stuff - that is SO over the line it isn't funny!

Sonny and I were emailing each other about this last week and as soon as I read about this Diprovan, I said to Sonny that you watch - this will be what killed him. I'm still standing by it too. Sad, but as days go on, the more right I think I am. All hell is going to turn loose too when it does - finger pointing like you've never seen before.

What bothers me, is that this is another high profile case of abused prescription drugs which is going to make the DEA come down even harder on regular folks who don't abuse the painkillers they need. Maybe I didn't want to believe it, but I guess I never realized before just how he did abuse drugs over the years and because they were prescription, didn't think it was as bad as street drugs.

Tweety's post of the altered Bad album cover says so much too.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 07-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #533
DLevine2
DLevine2

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Michael Jackson’s friends and family will say their final farewells to the pop star in a private ceremony before his public memorial.

The private family funeral for Jackson will be held on Tuesday morning, prior to the public service at Staples Center in Los Angeles on July 7, Access Hollywood has learned.

In addition, Access Hollywood has confirmed that Michael will be laid to rest at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in the Hollywood Hills.

Grammys producer Ken Ehrlich, who will produce the Jackson memorial at Staples Center, told Access Hollywood executive producer Rob Silverstein the public service would not be an extravagant tribute concert.

“It will be a memorial service reflecting the dignity of what the family wants,” Ehrlich said. “It will be a fitting memorial to Michael Jackson – no dance numbers.”

However, Ehrlich did say the service would include “some types of performances.”

Copyright 2009 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Old 07-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #534
coffield3
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andress_jade
I hated that interview, Martin Bashir, the guy that was interviewing Michael was so cruel to him when he asked him questions. He was so coldhearted towards Michael. He made Michael appear weird when he really wasn't all that weird. He was just being himself. Bashir didn't understand Michael's behavior. He didn't take the time to try to understand it, either. Michael kept telling him that he was embarrassed when he asked him to dance and the guy acted like he didn't care. Just get up there and dance, how rude.
He kept digging and digging about the abuse that Michael suffered by the hands of his father, so much it had Michael in tears; what a jerk.

I liked the interview he had with Oprah so much more. Oprah knows how to interview people and she is so cool. That was the real Michael. You should check it out. Go to You Tube and look under "Michael Jackson interview with Oprah", it should take you right to it. It was a great interview and shows us what kind of person Michael really was. I encourage you to check it out. You won't regret it. After watching that you will see what a wonderful, talented person we lost.
You should also check out the video that's on my big post about Michael, that one definitely brought tears to my eyes. Just click on the link and it will take you right to it. What the media did to him just tears me up inside. They took a beautiful, good hearted, sweet, talented person and made him to look like a freak. That is what killed him. People are so mean and ignorant.
I despise that Martin Bashir interview Everything you stated is very true!!

ღღღ