Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 17, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Farrah Fawcett Retrospectives on TV

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...-charlies.html

ABC Airs 20/20 Special Tonight (Thursday, June 25) at 10:00PM ET/PT
This special edition of “20/20” hosted by Barbara Walters will feature the story of Farrah Fawcett and interviews her long time companion Ryan O’Neal, former co-star “Charlie’s Angels” Jaclyn Smith and her doctor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

NBC's Dateline and Re-airing of Farrah's Story
Thursday, June 25
10:00PM DATELINE "Farrah Fawcett: The Life & Death of an Angel" (New)

Friday, June 26
8:00-10:00PM FARRAH'S STORY (Repeat)

Oxygen will also re-air Farrah's Story on Saturday, June 27 from 3:30pm-5:30pm ET

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WGN America Airs Charlie's Angels This Weekend

Saturday, June 27, 8-10PM ET and Sunday, June 28 5-10PM & 11PM-2AM ET

Saturday: Charlie’s Angels #1-1 “Hellride”
Charlie’s Angels #1-4 “Angels in Chains”

Sunday: Charlie’s Angels #1-6 “Killing Kind, The”
Charlie’s Angels #1-8 “Lady Killer”
Charlie’s Angels #1-9 “Bullseye”
Charlie’s Angels #1-10 “Consenting Adults”
Charlie’s Angels #1-12 “Angels on Wheels”

Charlie’s Angels #1-18 “Terror on Warn One”
Charlie’s Angels #1-19 “Dancing in the Dark”
Charlie’s Angels #1-22 “Blue Angels”

THIStv Network Remembers Farrah Fawcett

June 26, 2009 – Beginning this Saturday, THIStv Network remembers the television and film career of Farrah Fawcett. While Fawcett was best known for her role as Jill Munroe on the television series Charlie’s Angels, she was also a critically acclaimed movie actor. This week, THIStv Network pays tribute to her life and career with two of her finest performances.

Saturday 6/27 2PM (EST)
The Nazi Hunter: Beate Klarsfeld Story

Saturday 6/27 4PM (EST)
Small Sacrifices

Tuesday 6/30 8PM (EST)
The Nazi Hunter: Beate Klarsfeld Story

Tuesday 6/30 10PM (EST)
Small Sacrifices

Wednesday 7/1 4PM (EST)
Small Sacrifices

Wednesday 7/1 8PM (EST)
The Nazi Hunter: Beate Klarsfeld Story.

TV Land Airs Charlies's Angels and Chasing Farrah on Saturday, June 27 from 7-10PM:

TV LAND CELEBRATES THE LIFE OF HOLLYWOOD ACTRESS AND

POP ICON FARRAH FAWCETT

New York, NY, June 25, 2009 – TV Land will honor the memory of Hollywood actress and pop culture icon Farrah Fawcett with a tribute presentation with the first two episodes of the 2005 TV Land original series, “Chasing Farrah,” which chronicled her daily life as one of the most recognized stars in the history of celebrity, on Saturday, June 27 from 9pm – 10pm ET/PT. TV Land will also present two “Charlie’s Angels” episodes on Saturday, June 27 from 7pm -9pm ET/PT leading up to the airing of the first two episodes of the 2005 TV Land original series, “Chasing Farrah” from 9-10pm.
Fawcett passed away in Santa Monica, California this morning from cancer at the age of 62. The series gave viewers a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the actress and her travels, both in and out of the spotlight.

“Farrah Fawcett was much more than a Hollywood icon, but a friend and colleague,” explains Larry W. Jones, president, TV Land. “We are honored to have known her and worked with her and will remember her fondly. Our hearts go out to Farrah’s entire family.”

The tribute presentation of “Chasing Farrah” celebrates Farrah as she went to the U.S. Open in New York, relaxed with her close friend Alana Stewart and shared dinner with Ryan O’Neal – the love of her life – at his beach house.

TVLand.com will feature a Memorial Spot – which will also run on-air – and Obituary.

Born on February 2, 1947 in Corpus Christi, Texas Farrah Fawcett always stole the spotlight with her beauty and spirit. While attending the University of Texas, she caught the eye of a celebrity publicist who convinced her to pursue her dream of acting in Los Angeles. She left Texas for the City of Angels and the rest is history. Her television career gained steam throughout the 1960s when she appeared on well-known shows such as “I Dream of Jeannie,” “The Flying Nun” and “The Partridge Family” but it was the role of private eye “Jill Monroe” in the TV series, “Charlie’s Angels” that garnered her world-wide fame and iconic status. Her growing popularity could not be denied when, during the first season, she posed in a red bathing suit for a poster that to this day has sold over 12 million copies worldwide. Fawcett left “Charlie’s Angels” after just one season but continued a successful acting career including Emmy-nominated performances in “The Burning Bed,” “Small Sacrifices,” “The Guardian” and “Extremities” and in the acclaimed film, “The Apostle.”

Bio TV Salutes Farrah Fawcett on Monday, June 29

Monday, June 29
8:00PM Biography: Aaron Spelling
9:00PM Biography: Charlie's Angels
10:00PM Biography Remembers: Farrah Fawcett

Me-TV in Chicago Airs Charlie's Angels

Me-TV also pays tribute with a week-long showcase of some of her best Charlie’s Angels performances as Jill Munroe. All week long, viewers will see back-to-back episodes of Charlie’s Angels, highlighting Fawcett’s first and only full season - along with her guest appearances from the third and fourth seasons. Episodes will air all week Monday-Friday, June 29-July 3 at 11AM and Noon CT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOVIES

Other movies like The Burning Bed, Dr. T and the Women, and The Cookout are airing this weekend and next week on stations like Encore Drama, TMC, and BET.

See for more details http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...-charlies.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 06-26-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
TryN2BGood
Forum Regular

Good bye Farrah...rest in peace.
TryN2BGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Thumbs up

Thanks for the heads up, Pav.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
cajunhillbilly
Forum Regular

Good bye pretty lady. We'll miss you.
cajunhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
Classicshowsgurl15
Happy Days

Send a message via AIM to Classicshowsgurl15

RIP Farrah.
“All our young lives we search for someone to love, someone who makes us complete. We choose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope, all the while wondering if somewhere, somehow, there's someone perfect who might be searching for us.” - The Wonder Years
Classicshowsgurl15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Yes, RIP Farrah. You will definitely be missed

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #7
jasonbigley
Forum Regular

This is sad news. RIP Farrah. You will be greatly missed.
jasonbigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
JT

Thanks for the heads-up, Pav. I'll be watching CA on Saturday and Sunday for sure.

Any idea if Lifetime and/or LMN will air The Burning Bed?
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
Thanks for the heads-up, Pav. I'll be watching CA on Saturday and Sunday for sure.

Any idea if Lifetime and/or LMN will air The Burning Bed?
I hope so. I'd LOVE to see her movies - I've only heard how great they are.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #10
Rosslover
Forum Regular

She will certainly be remembered always for her beauty and her talent....

and June 20 I met Jeremy Piven aka Ari Gold
Rosslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #11
Ohio8
Forum Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ohio8 Send a message via Yahoo to Ohio8

WGN should air the two "I Dream of Jeannie" episodes that Farrah appeared on.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Blog story: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...-charlies.html
Old 06-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #13
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio8
WGN should air the two "I Dream of Jeannie" episodes that Farrah appeared on.
Didn't she play Bill Daily's girlfriend?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

TV Land Adds Charlie's Angels this Saturday now from 7-9PM and Michael Jackson Jackson Five 1992 mini-series from 2pm-7pm (and again 7pm-12am) on Sunday:

TV LAND HONORS THE MEMORY OF TWO POP CULTURE ICONS

MICHAEL JACKSON AND FARRAH FAWCETT WITH PROGRAMMING

DEDICATED TO CELEBRATING THE LIFE WORKS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF TRUE AMERICAN IDOLS

New York, NY – June 26, 2009 – The world lost two beloved American icons yesterday with the shocking news of Michael Jackson's death and the notification of the passing of Farrah Fawcett. TV Land will honor their lives and careers with tributes this Saturday and Sunday, allowing the network's viewers -- who grew up with both of these legends -- to remember these influential forces.

In memory of Michael Jackson, TV Land will air the 1992 five hour mini-series, “The Jacksons: An American Dream” on Sunday, June 28, 2009 from 2pm – 7pm ET/PT with an immediate encore presentation from 7pm – 12am ET/PT. Airing this popular biographical series, which documents the progression of Michael Jackson’s career from childhood to incomparable stardom, will allow fans to remember the King of Pop and his imprint on the world music scene.

TV Land will also honor the memory of Hollywood actress and pop culture icon Farrah Fawcett with a tribute presentation of two “Charlie’s Angels” episodes on Saturday, June 27 from 7pm -9pm ET/PT leading up to the airing of the first two episodes of the 2005 TV Land original series, “Chasing Farrah” from 9-10pm. “Chasing Farrah” chronicled the icon's daily life as one of the most recognized stars in the history of celebrity.

“Airing these tributes allows our viewers to remember and understand the legacies that will continue into the future” states Larry W. Jones, president, TV Land. “We invite our audience to remember where they were the first time they heard The Jackson 5 singing “ABC,” saw the iconic “Thriller” music video or witnessed history when they heard the angels call 'Charlie' for the first time. They will both be missed terribly by all.”

“The Jacksons: An American Dream” Description
Sunday, June 28, 2009 -- 2PM-7PM (encore 7PM-12AM)
A TV mini-series based on the Jackson's true story that takes us through five decades of the Jackson Family's career-- from their early beginnings in the mid-western steel town of Gary, Indiana to their quick rise to stardom. Cast includes: Lawrence Hamilton Jacobs, Angela Bassett, Jason Weaver, Jermaine Jackson II, Holly Robinson and special appearances by Billy Dee Williams and Vanessa Williams. Featured music sung by The Jackson 5, Boyz II Men, Jermaine Jackson & Syreeta Wright and Jason Weaver and includes the hits, "Never Can Say Goodbye," "The Love You Save," "ABC," "Beat It," "Billy Jean," and "I'll Be There."

“Charlie’s Angels” Episode Descriptions:
Saturday, June 27, 2009
7:00PM #001 - Hell Ride - Sabrina pretends to be a race car driver as the girls go undercover to investigate a conspiracy surrounding the death of a female racer.
8:00PM #004 - Angels In Chains - The Angels go behind bars to uncover a murder-extortion scheme at a prison-farm in a corrupt small town where rich women are enslaved for their fortunes and then killed.

“Chasing Farrah” Episode Descriptions:
Saturday, June 27, 2009
9:00PM #001 – Lights, Camera, Farrah – In spite of her dislike of reality shows, actress Farrah Fawcett agrees to star in one.
9:30PM #002 – My Dinner with Farrah – Farrah and Ryan O’Neal have dinner at his beach house
Old 06-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #15
browneyes106

I just saw on my DirecTV guide that Farrah's Story will be aired again. I will definitely watch because I didn't see it completely the other time it aired.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote