Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

To have your access for this board blocked, please PM TJ.

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo
Moesha Returns Daily to BET; NBC Schedules Maya Rudolph Variety-Comedy Special
TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #1
Waterston_Fan

Default Biden's niece detained

I guess maybe kids/grandkids/niece/nephews of Presidents/Vice Presidents don't want to use their uncle or dad as an excuse to get out of something.

But I can only guess what the misunderstanding is.

Biden

Amtrak flap for veep's niece: Caroline Biden briefly stopped by police at uncle's station

Associated Press

Last update: May 15, 2009 - 5:09 PM

WILMINGTON, Del. - Vice President Joe Biden likes to use the Amtrak station in Wilmington to extol the virtues of the railroad, but one of his nieces had a less pleasant experience there.

Amtrak spokeswoman Karina Romero says Amtrak police briefly detained Caroline Biden on Tuesday night. Romero says Biden was questioned because of a "misunderstanding over a train fare." Romero declined to be specific, but says Biden wasn't arrested or charged.

Caroline Biden is a student at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. She is the daughter of Joe Biden's brother, James Biden Sr.

Romero says Biden didn't tell police she's related to the vice president, and the officer who questioned her wasn't aware of the connection.

Amtrak continues to review the incident. A spokeswoman for the vice president declined to comment.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Tweety

What did she do, threaten them somehow? "Misundertanding about train fare"? What the heck does THAT mean? Did she think she's entitled to ride the rails free of charge?

They might as well not even run the story if they're not going to say what happened.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety
What did she do, threaten them somehow? "Misundertanding about train fare"? What the heck does THAT mean? Did she think she's entitled to ride the rails free of charge?

They might as well not even run the story if they're not going to say what happened.

I know, they should have stated what it is. My only thinking is maybe she felt she was entitled to ride the rails free of charge. But then I don't know if Biden would pay his fare when he rode as a Senator and assume he still does pay his fare.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:38 PM   #4
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterston_Fan
I know, they should have stated what it is. My only thinking is maybe she felt she was entitled to ride the rails free of charge. But then I don't know if Biden would pay his fare when he rode as a Senator and assume he still does pay his fare.

Yeah, I would think that Joe Biden would pay his fare if for no other reason than appearances. The way that article was written (at least the little bit of info they had) almost makes it sound like his niece thought she was entitled to either a reduced rate or to ride free of charge.

But now that I think of it, and I don't know the answer to this, but does Amtrak offer any kinds of deals to college students? Maybe she tried to get a student rate on a ticket (if such a thing is available) and for some reason, couldn't prove that she was entitled to it.

Thing is, this is one of those stories that's probably not going to be followed up on... we might never know exactly what happened...obviously, it was a minor thing, but again, if they're going to do a story on it, then tell the story!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

why is this news?
Old 05-16-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety pin
why is this news?

Because I said so.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
JT

It says that she didn't tell anyone that she is related to VP Biden, so I don't think she felt entitled to a free ride.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:27 AM   #8
Tweety

Quote:
Because I said so.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:50 AM   #9
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Because I said so.
it's nothing towards you for posting it. just seems like an incomplete story. she was stopped by police but no one knows any details. who in the world hasn't gotten pulled over while driving once or twice?

this has nothing to do with me leaning left, joe biden can fall off a cliff for all i care, i don't have any opinion about him. and please no one equivocate my previous sentence in the future. thanks.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:00 AM   #10
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety pin
it's nothing towards you for posting it. just seems like an incomplete story. she was stopped by police but no one knows any details. who in the world hasn't gotten pulled over while driving once or twice?

this has nothing to do with me leaning left, joe biden can fall off a cliff for all i care, i don't have any opinion about him. and please no one equivocate my previous sentence in the future. thanks.

I agree... the basic journalistic question "Why?" was not answered or addressed in the story.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:59 PM   #11
Waterston_Fan

Yeah, I agree with you guys as to they should have stated it more.

I just wanted to have fun.