Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #91
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

Peyton Place. That's a show I wish I could see again. I didn't see when it was first on for I was too young but I did see some of it about 25 years ago and thought it was pretty good. Yeah I do think for a little child it may have been a bit too much to understand
Old 07-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #92
UMFaninMD
I am Sherlocked

I wasn't restricted from watching anything, probably because when I was little I was in bed when the "adult" shows were on.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #93
Regulus

I probably wouldn't be forbidden from seeing this Show, except when I was four to six years of age this one came on at 1:00 AM, and I believe it was my Father's SECOND Favorite TV Western after Bonanza (Which I watched with him every Sunday evening).

Anyhow, at 1:00 AM on weeknights I'd get BLASTED out of my bed with this little Jingle:

Da Daa, Da Da Da Dah Daaa, LAWMAN!Da Da Da Dah dada Dah!

I have manage to procure this gem of a series on DVD, albiet from an illicit source.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:30 PM   #94
Michael cole
Forum Regular
Henry Winkler

The shows I weren't allowed to watch, were shows geared towards mature adults, and adult shows. Everything else I was allowed to watch
Old 09-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #95
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael cole
The shows I weren't allowed to watch, were shows geared towards mature adults, and adult shows. Everything else I was allowed to watch
Thanks for the vague non-answer about WHICH SHOWS you were forbidden to watch.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #96
danderson400
Forum Regular

my folks never let me watch SNL but i was usually watching American Gladiators instead i remember when Wheel Of Fortune at least on my ABC station in 88 the Saturday reruns were on at 11:30 opposite SNL so i watched Wheel instead too
Old 09-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #97
danderson400
Forum Regular

i cant remember any other shows i was forbidden to watch but i do remember watching a episode of China Beach about abortion i do remember that while Dana Delany as Nurse Colleen stated her opposition to abortion in the episode, my mom told me that my folks in church would take some flack from me for watching that episode
Old 07-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #98
danderson400
Forum Regular

I was not allowed to watch Freddy's Nightmares. Same thing with Friday the 13th. Both of those shows were too violent for me to watch.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 PM   #99
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Talking

I was never prevented from watching certain shows, but I remember on the weekends when I was about seven or eight, I stayed up late to see the Playboy After Dark show, when Hugh Hefner and his guests had a variety show with plenty of entertainers and musicians. I was VERY disappointed that it wasn't what I hoped.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #100
Regulus

TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus
I probably wouldn't be forbidden from seeing this Show, except when I was four to six years of age this one came on at 1:00 AM, and I believe it was my Father's SECOND Favorite TV Western after Bonanza (Which I watched with him every Sunday evening).

Anyhow, at 1:00 AM on weeknights I'd get BLASTED out of my bed with this little Jingle:

Da Daa, Da Da Da Dah Daaa, LAWMAN!Da Da Da Dah dada Dah!

I have manage to procure this gem of a series on DVD, albiet from an illicit source.

Seconded!
Old 09-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #101
jehobden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio8
Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In
My dad didn't let me watch that either in its last season, claiming it was "sick humor" for whatever reason Now I've bought the full series on DVD. I can watch it as much as I like.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:45 PM   #102
Edward216

All the time. Too many shows for me to remember now which ones I wanted to watch but wasn't allowed to. I think some of the ones I wanted to watch as a boy I have no interest in watching now. Funny how you change sometimes when you grow up.
Old 09-23-2017, 12:02 AM   #103
Tubehead

ones i remember
blossom watched the beginning then it kind of gotten dirty
the simpsons it was clean then it gotten dirty
all in the family
& anything on mtv!!