Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Default What a wonderful morning I had...

So it's about 1 in the morning, I'm fine, joking around with my roommate when all of a sudden I feel hot, shaky, faint, and just completely disoriented. I started crying because I as terrified, I had to lay down, I was trembling a ridiculous amount. I started feeling naseous, my throat was closing up, and my chest felt tight.I knew it was probably anxiety related, but never in my life has it ever gotten that bad.

My roommate called security because I said I definitely wanted a doctor, because it was so bad I didn't know if it was something more serious. They called an ambulence and I went to the ER and they had to run all of these tests. It took about 3 hours and I was feeling all of these symptoms in intervals. After they did the ECG and took my blood I threw up and just, I don't know, I was terrified about the way I was feeling. They determined from the tests nothing was wrong, and that it was definitely an anxiety attack.

I definitely felt significantly better after the doctor gave me a xanax. After three hours it helped me calm down. I mean, I'm so used to anxiety and I've had attacks, but never this bad. My chest still feels a little tight right now and it's not completely gone, but I'm fine now.

Ugh, have any of you ever experienced an anxiety attack like this? What'd you do? And the thing is, I haven't even been particularly stressed out lately. Not anymore than usual, anyway.

"I can feel it - the turn of the Earth,
the ground beneath our feet
spinning at a thousand miles an hour.
And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun
at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it.
We're falling through space, you and me.
Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world
and if we let go..."

- The Doctor
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
MonarC
The truth will set you free

WOW! Im sorry you had to go through that. Hope your feeling better now. My 1/2 sister use to have panic attacks she would get really dizzy and start shaking. It's a scary thing to see someone you care about go through.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Waterston_Fan

Wait till you get the bill, you might have another one. Especially for the paramedics.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

damn, that is terrible. i'm glad you're ok.

i've never had any anxiety attacks that needed medical attention. i've been having minor ones regularly in choir this semester though. i get short of breath, my heart pounds, i shake all over, i feel nauseous. it's because someone i have a really bad history with just joined, but it's bizarre that it gets as intense as it does and honestly i can't figure out exactly what the root problem is. it's never happened around anyone else.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Sorry you had to go through that Ashlee

I've had attacks where I had to lie down on the bathroom floor and pray for it to pass. I'll start shaking uncontrolably, crying, scared to death, in pain and barely able to move. It's terrible.

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape
Old 03-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Yes, I've had my fair share of panic attacks. I had one today, as a matter of fact. I usually feel cold, clammy and break out into cold sweats...then tears. I know how you feel, Ashlee. Take care, sweetie.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 03-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Heart

Ashlee my thoughts and prayer are with you. Anxiety attacks are no joke. I currently take a nice cocktail of meds called Abilify and Celexa. Feel better kiddo.

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #8
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Thanks guys. Lauren, that's exactly what I went through and then some, it seemed. I'm sorry you guys have to go through it, too. I'm still just a bit shaken up because I've never experienced one that bad to the point where I'm still feeling the effects of it today. Hopefully tomorrow it's passed over. I'll definitely be visiting both my regular doctor and psychiatrist. Thanks again, everyone.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Keep us posted, sweetie. I see mine next week.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Wow Ashlee, that's just awful. Now you're probably scared that this is a sign of more to come. Since the Xanax worked, it would be good if you could get a prescription to have some on hand should it happen again. I've never experienced it, so I can only imagine the feeling. The closest I've had is three years ago, I woke up, and the room was spinning. It literally felt like that room was spinning, and fast. I focused on a picture on the wall, and it was WOOSH!, going by me. I couldn't get out of bed. It finally stopped, but I still felt out of it. I spent the day in the ER, had all the tests, and it was a viral infection or something, I forget. I thought I had a stroke.

I'm so sorry you went through that. What happens now? Are you going to follow it up with your doctor? I'd like a second opinion. You're too young for this. What do you parents think about this, if you don't mind me asking?

And here's a hug.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #11
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Wow Ashlee, that's just awful. Now you're probably scared that this is a sign of more to come. Since the Xanax worked, it would be good if you could get a prescription to have some on hand should it happen again. I've never experienced it, so I can only imagine the feeling. The closest I've had is three years ago, I woke up, and the room was spinning. It literally felt like that room was spinning, and fast. I focused on a picture on the wall, and it was WOOSH!, going by me. I couldn't get out of bed. It finally stopped, but I still felt out of it. I spent the day in the ER, had all the tests, and it was a viral infection or something, I forget. I thought I had a stroke.

I'm so sorry you went through that. What happens now? Are you going to follow it up with your doctor? I'd like a second opinion. You're too young for this. What do you parents think about this, if you don't mind me asking?

And here's a hug.

Yeah I'm going to see my doctor and also talk to my psychiatrist. We had previously discussed upping my anxiety medication anyway, so I already had appointments set, they just didn't come up yet. I called my parents after I got back from the ER before I went to bed and explained everything. Anxiety problems run in my family and so they both know I have issues with it anyway but were both obviously still concerned. It was just, I'd honestly never had an attack this bad so I didn't know if that's what it was, or if it was something else. I was terrified.

I've been having panic attacks since I was 8 years old. I remember going to this ******* doctor when I was a little kid with chest pains who laughed it off and told my mom it was all in my head. Never went back to that jerk. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 14. My mom has problems with it, too, and actually does have some xanax but that's at home, and I'm here at school. I'm sure my doctor won't hesitate to prescribe it. If it can help what I was dealing with, it's an amazing thing.

Again, thanks for the concern.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #12
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

I'm so sorry you had to go through that Ashlee. My prayers are with you.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:30 AM   #13
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ

I am so sorry you had to go through such a trauma Ashlee, panic attacks are insane, and until one experiences one to the degree that you had, there's no way they can know what it's like. I will say a prayer for you, and hope that you feel better soon, and that nothing like that ever happens again!!

As far as whether I've ever experienced anyting like that, the answer is yes, quite a few times. I have panic disorder, and agoraphobia, so unfortunately it has become commonplace for me. It's been awhile since I had a major one, but the last major one I had, my mom found me laying in my closet in the fetal position, with a blank stare on my face, and sweat covering my body. She immediately took me to the crisis center where they recommended I see a psychiatrist.

Another time I had one, and I was so full of anxiety that I couldn't even get out of bed. I just lay here paralyzed with fear, and the worst feeling of doom that you can possibly imagine. It was the scariest one I ever had, because I mean it when I say paralyzed with an unknown fear, I literally couldn't move.

Iv'e had several others, but I won't bore you with the details, I just wanted to let you know that I can understand where you're coming from, and can relate. Hang in there my friend!!
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:26 AM   #14
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Thanks again, guys. I'm so sorry some of you have had to go through similar things, it sounds just terrible. I had a scare today and I thought it was coming back, but it went away. I'm still a bit fatigued, but I think it's just from the stress of it all. I talked to my psychiatrist so that comforted me. I'll probably also be uping my meds.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:29 AM   #15
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ Take care of yourself, sweetie. Keep us posted.