Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-26-2009, 01:59 AM   #121
Dutabi84
Forum Veteran
kittens must die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
You do realize you are setting a very poor example for any teens who visit this site?
I hope they listen to me and not you.

And how many documented cases have there been regarding marijuana and cancer? How many studies have been done on that? Marijuana smoke contains more cancer-causing agents (carcinogens) than is found in tobacco smoke.

...what are you talking about? setting a bad example because I'm listing facts and legitimate reasons that marijuana should be legal? If you go back and read my previous posts, you'll see a variety of reasons that keeping it illegal would be, to use your favorite word, morally wrong. Nowhere did I suggest kids should go out and smoke pot, but nice try at making another nonsensical argument.

Study finds no Cancer-Marijuana connection.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501729_pf.html

Look, foxnews.com even has the same story!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196678,00.html

Marijuana unlikely to cause head, neck, or lung cancer.
http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessati...o-cause-cancer

Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth in half, study says.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417193338.htm
Old 02-26-2009, 03:15 AM   #122
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
Then why aren't you campaigning to make alcohol illegal? It's killed and ruined the lives ten fold of people over marijuana. It also murders people daily by drunk drivers and people who go off the deep end while drunk.

Marijuana has NEVER been a factor in murder from someone who is "high" on it. Marijuana has never ruined my life, but alcohol sure did. I lost my father at age 19 to it.

It's also been proven that more people binged on alcohol during prohibition and more illegal activity was involved with it (rum running, bootlegging, etc.) It's the exact same with marijuana.

And if it's regulated like alcohol is in Canada (outside of Quebec) it is much tougher for kids to get their hands on than it is now. Now, it's being sold in schoolyards. We have the "LCBO" Liquor Control Board Ontario where alcohol can only be sold in government run stores. Proper checks are in place so anyone under legal age cannot purchase. That's the way it should be with grass too.

Remember my teacher who was murdered a year ago?

The ****wad who murdered her was DRUNK when he murdered her.

Quote:
Man pleads guilty in stabbing death

Dec 17, 2008 - 04:05:33 CST
[TOWN NAME] (AP) - A man charged with killing a [town name] woman has pleaded guilty to murder, saying he was drunk when he stabbed her to death.

[****er] admitted in court Tuesday that he killed [teacher], 43, a teacher at [school] who was stabbed to death in her home March 1. Her body was found the next day.

[****er], 27, told Judge [name] that he went to [teacher]'s home uninvited, got a knife from her kitchen and stabbed her a number of times while she lay in her bed. He said he was drunk at the time.

Defense attorney [name] read a statement he said was written by [****er], in which [****er] apologized to [teacher]'s family for what he called an "unforgivable crime" and said, "If I could bring her back, I would."

County prosecutor [name] said [teacher] had dated [****er]'s brother and the victim and [****er] knew each other socially. He said a motive for the killing may never be known.

"I would be surprised, given the alcohol usage, whether there was much thought process for motive," [County prosecutor] said.

The prosecutor said [****er] left [teacher]'s home after killing her, then returned the next day pretending to discover the body.

[****er] is to be sentenced Feb. 3.

It makes me so angry whenever I think about it. This guy ****ED up big time. The same guy has made so many mistakes, and alcohol was always somehow involved. AND LOOK. HE'S ONLY TWENTY-SEVEN YEARS OLD. He was 26 when he murdered her.

I don't know anyone who has ****ed up their lives because of pot, and I know a LOT of pot smokers. OH MY GOD WHAT A CONCEPT.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #123
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
You seem to be a little confused. You should praise anyone who discourages drug use. Of course I do realize that this is 2009 where a lot of things (like approving of mind-altering drugs) are backwards. And there was no D.A.R.E. program when I was in the 5th grade in the 1960s.

Date of Birth:
August 28, 1961

Ummm... Unless I'm WAY off, you turned 10 years old in 1971. Which means you would have been in 5th grade THAT year. How does 1971 = 1960s?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #124
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
Date of Birth:
August 28, 1961

Ummm... Unless I'm WAY off, you turned 10 years old in 1971. Which means you would have been in 5th grade THAT year. How does 1971 = 1960s?
Close enough. 1971 was still like the '60s anyway!

What is important is that I lived through my teen years staying as far away from marijuana as possible. That is what good kids do.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #125
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:

What is important is that I lived through my teen years staying as far away from marijuana as possible. That is what good kids do.

Well aren't YOU the little goody golden boy. I know lots of "good" kids who never used grass who were a long way off from being good kids.

But I'm glad you see yourself as so far superior to us "bad kids".

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #126
JT

Quote:

So you dropped the "marijuana causes cancer" argument?
Old 02-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #127
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
Well aren't YOU the little goody golden boy. I know lots of "good" kids who never used grass who were a long way off from being good kids.

But I'm glad you see yourself as so far superior to us "bad kids".
Hey, it's better on this side, Tripp! You're making pot muffins for us! I can call some of my drag queen friends from West Hollywood and we can all sing Donna Summer karaoke!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #128
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:

Fleet, your arguments all along this have no merit.

Then I guess you had to resort to petty attacks; such as the "bad example" as an attempt to shed a bad light on those that disagree with you and make you look like "the good guy".

The gateway theory - Has never been proven.

Marijuana leads to violence - Not one reported incident on any violent behavior as a result of the influence of this drug.

Another thing, why would the few religions that use cannabis in their rituals use it if the effect makes you uncontrollable and violent? They use it for "spiritual awakening" and meditation; not crazyness.

Marijuana leads to decay of society - It has an unwarranted negative stigma attached to it. Alcohol and tobacco have been doing not much good for people all this time but nobody says anything bad about it because it's legal and found everywhere.

Marijuana smoke contains more carcinogens - As I have stated before this could be true but tobacco smokers take in much, much more of the smoke due to the nicotine and other crap the companies put into them.

I think you are still pwned Fleet. You've been pwning yourself.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:05 AM   #129
BlairsQueenOfMyJeans
Frequent Poster
Lisa Whelchel #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to BlairsQueenOfMyJeans

Quote:
Marijuana smoke contains more cancer-causing agents (carcinogens) than is found in tobacco smoke.

No it does not. Marijuana is an HERB, it's all natural, it comes from the ground. Tobacco, on the other hand, is chemically processed in some giant factory where they embed it with all those 1500 cancerous causing chemicals in it before they sell it. Do you see people growing pot, putting all those cancer causing chemicals in it? No. It's grown, picked and smoked. End of story.

Quote:
Recent research has indicated that for some people there is a correlation between frequent marijuana use and aggressive or violent behavior.

This statement is not only insane. It's laughable. Wow... sorry excuse me for a minute, gotta go spark up this roach... I don't think I can handle this "Fleet" on a sober level.

Chrissy
Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #130
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairsQueenOfMyJeans
This statement is not only insane. It's laughable. Wow... sorry excuse me for a minute, gotta go spark up this roach... I don't think I can handle this "Fleet" on a sober level.

Yeah, I don't know where that one got pulled from.
At the D.C. rally I was at with all of the pot smokers there should have been an immense riot.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:28 AM   #131
BlairsQueenOfMyJeans
Frequent Poster
Lisa Whelchel #1 Fan

Send a message via AIM to BlairsQueenOfMyJeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Yeah, I don't know where that one got pulled from.
At the D.C. rally I was at with all of the pot smokers there should have been an immense riot.

Try reading his posts high, they're 10x funnier
Old 02-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #132
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

I don't drink nor do I do drugs, but that's just me. Even I don't see the harm in legalizing it. To me it's along the same lines as alcohol. That's just as dangerous to me, so why isn't that illegal, too? I just don't see the big deal if something like alcohol can be socially accepted. That doesn't mean I think either are okay...I think it's stupid as hell to go and get smashed, or to get high, but if that's what people want to do let them. I really could care less. As long as it's regulated just like alcohol and tobacco, I'd say it's just fine to legalize it.

"I can feel it - the turn of the Earth,
the ground beneath our feet
spinning at a thousand miles an hour.
And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun
at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it.
We're falling through space, you and me.
Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world
and if we let go..."

- The Doctor
Old 02-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #133
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

I can't do this anymore. This thread makes my brain ****ing BREAK.

Saying that 1971 was just like the 1960s is like me saying 1991 was just like the 1980s. These were entirely different decades. Sure, fashions and TV shows from the 80s carried over to the early 90s, but...

Oh wait. Why am I bothering? Look at this thread. No other conservatives are arguing. It's just good 'ole Fleet.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #134
Faith
Internet Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Faith Send a message via Yahoo to Faith

I am all for it. Shouldn't have been illegal in the first place.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #135
littlebelle
Spell Caster

Send a message via AIM to littlebelle

It's just funny to me the way people view weed. Like it's some terrible drug that makes you craZAyy and do dangerous and wild things. Seriously?