Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #91
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
I have done so many times on this board in past years.

Where are the sources of your information?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #92
JT

Quote:
I have done so many times on this board in past years.
What about now?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #93
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
What about now?
Do a search in this (chit chat) section. The info I posted should still be there.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #94
Fleet
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Where are the sources of your information?
Find the thread and you will see.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #95
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:

You should be able to find it much easier since you posted and know what thread you're referring to. I've seen where your threads come from on this topic and they're not good sources. Sorry, but it's true.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 02-25-2009, 05:55 PM   #96
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
You should be able to find it much easier since you posted and know what thread you're referring to. I've seen where your threads come from on this topic and they're not good sources. Sorry, but it's true.

Yeah, where exactly is he referring to?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #97
JT

Quote:
Do a search in this (chit chat) section. The info I posted should still be there.
Uhh...no?

Why should I go on a duck hunt for these alleged posts? I've already produced my sources, and I can produce more if need be. You're trying to make your point, so you go and find your own back-up. Until you do, consider yourself pwned.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #98
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:

I did a search on "marijuana" in ChitChat and 304 results came up. I am not looking and searching for your specific posts where you mention your sources.

Can you please guide me (well us) directly to what your sources are?
Old 02-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #99
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
I did a search on "marijuana" in ChitChat and 304 results came up. I am not looking and searching for your specific posts where you mention your sources.

Can you please guide me (well us) directly to what your sources are?
I think I found some on the Politics board from over 3 years ago. Yeah, I'm not gonna waste my time reading posts from over 3 years ago because he doesn't feel like backing himself up now.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #100
Doodyville10019
Forum Regular
Meet my new friend Sparkie!

Send a message via AIM to Doodyville10019 Send a message via Yahoo to Doodyville10019

Quote:
Unfortunately, we have been witnessing the decay of society and morals in general. Which includes the "acceptance" of things like mind-alterting drugs, abortion, open sex and unmarried couples living together.

Fleet, that's all fine and dandy, and if you like to keep living in 1959, that's OK by me. (in that case, please don't forget and tell me what happened on Howdy Doody this past Saturday!)

As for me, I know where I am - in 2009 - and I'm happy that we've come a long way over the past 50 years to become somewhat of a more open society and more "accepting" of ideas and people that at one time were shunned. I can go into my opinions about everything Fleet mentioned above, but that is another post for another day.

I know lots of people who smoked marijuana from the time I was in 8th grade to the present. That covers 35 years of my life. VERY FEW of them ever went on to do anything harder (maybe 2 or 3 out of...say...at least 100 people). Plus, we live in a faster and far more stressful, pressure-packed world than even my parents did - and they grew up during the Great Depression! Finally, Michael Phelps should have NEVER been suspended for using pot - it obviously didn't hurt his skills or medal-winning abillity!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:47 PM   #101
Fleet
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
I think I found some on the Politics board from over 3 years ago. Yeah, I'm not gonna waste my time reading posts from over 3 years ago because he doesn't feel like backing himself up now.
It's right here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...=147794&page=5
(Post #63)

I don't really expect those who love marijuana to believe anything negative about it anyway.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #102
Fleet
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
Uhh...no?

Why should I go on a duck hunt for these alleged posts? I've already produced my sources, and I can produce more if need be. You're trying to make your point, so you go and find your own back-up. Until you do, consider yourself pwned.
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who discourages mind-altering drug use is never "pwned."
Old 02-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #103
Fleet
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodyville10019
Fleet, that's all fine and dandy, and if you like to keep living in 1959, that's OK by me. (in that case, please don't forget and tell me what happened on Howdy Doody this past Saturday!)

Speaking of that, do you know what the biggest problems in school were back then regarding children?
- Running in the halls
- Chewing gum
- Talking in class

In the 1990s and later, it is:
- Illegal drugs
- Teen pregnancy
- Guns in school

(I'm sure glad I didn't have to worry about some other kid packing a gun when I was in school in the '60s and '70s!)

Quote:
As for me, I know where I am - in 2009 - and I'm happy that we've come a long way over the past 50 years to become somewhat of a more open society and more "accepting" of ideas and people that at one time were shunned. I can go into my opinions about everything Fleet mentioned above, but that is another post for another day.

Yeah, we have come a long way, but the problem is a lot of it was for the worse!

Quote:
I know lots of people who smoked marijuana from the time I was in 8th grade to the present. That covers 35 years of my life. VERY FEW of them ever went on to do anything harder (maybe 2 or 3 out of...say...at least 100 people).

And there are many people out there who know friends who ruined their lives by starting with marijuana.

Quote:
Plus, we live in a faster and far more stressful, pressure-packed world than even my parents did - and they grew up during the Great Depression!

We may be living in a faster world, but no way is it more stressful or pressure-packed than the '30s and '40s. When was the last time you engaged in an air-raid drill? Or saw a house with a bomb shelter? When was the last time your father skipped dinner because there wasn't enough food to go around for the whole family?

Quote:
Finally, Michael Phelps should have NEVER been suspended for using pot - it obviously didn't hurt his skills or medal-winning abillity!

He violated his contract. He had every right to be suspended. Even he said what he did was dumb. I agree; it was.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #104
JT

Quote:
It's right here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...=147794&page=5
(Post #63)

I don't really expect those who love marijuana to believe anything negative about it anyway.
I don't "love marijuana." I've never smoked it, and as long as it is illegal, I don't intend to smoke it, either. If it's decriminalized? IDK. But that's the exact same way I feel about alcohol and cigarettes.

Quote:
"Marijuana is not a benign drug; its use impairs learning and judgment and may lead to the development of mental health problems."
- American Medical Association

Mental health problems are a long-term effect of smoking marijuana. Just like mental health problems are a long-term effect of drinking alcohol.

Quote:
"Smoking marijuana can injure or destroy lung tissue...

And so does smoking cigarettes.

Quote:
...Marijuana smoke contains 50-70% more of some cancer-causing chemicals than does tobacco smoke."
- American Lung Association

Here's a study done in 2006: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501729_pf.html

Looks like you need to update your information.

Quote:
"Recent research has indicated that for some people there is a correlation between frequent marijuana use and aggressive or violent behavior. This should be a concern to parents, community leaders and all Americans."
- The National Crime Prevention

So says the National Crime Prevention. They lump marijuana in with tobacco and alcohol, so what they say for marijuana should also be taken into consideration when discussing alcohol and tobacco.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #105
JT

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who discourages mind-altering drug use is never "pwned."
As far as I'm concerned, someone who ignores proven scientific research is always pwned.