Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #91
JamesG
Freakshow
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 39,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
I have done so many times on this board in past years.
Where are the sources of your information?
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #92
JT
Member
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29, 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 7,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
I have done so many times on this board in past years.
What about now?
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:51 PM   #93
Fleet
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
Forum Veteran
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 15,229
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
What about now?
Do a search in this (chit chat) section. The info I posted should still be there.
__________________
1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine.
Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #94
Fleet
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
Forum Veteran
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 15,229
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Where are the sources of your information?
Find the thread and you will see.
Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #95
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran
 
TripperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 14, 2003
Location: Heartbreak Ridge
Posts: 12,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
Find the thread and you will see.
You should be able to find it much easier since you posted and know what thread you're referring to. I've seen where your threads come from on this topic and they're not good sources. Sorry, but it's true.
__________________
If I don't see you in this world, I'll meet you in the next one.....don't be late

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile


The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #96
JamesG
Freakshow
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 39,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
You should be able to find it much easier since you posted and know what thread you're referring to. I've seen where your threads come from on this topic and they're not good sources. Sorry, but it's true.
Yeah, where exactly is he referring to?
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #97
JT
Member
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29, 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 7,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
Do a search in this (chit chat) section. The info I posted should still be there.
Uhh...no?

Why should I go on a duck hunt for these alleged posts? I've already produced my sources, and I can produce more if need be. You're trying to make your point, so you go and find your own back-up. Until you do, consider yourself pwned.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:23 PM   #98
JamesG
Freakshow
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
 
JamesG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 01, 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 39,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
Find the thread and you will see.
I did a search on "marijuana" in ChitChat and 304 results came up. I am not looking and searching for your specific posts where you mention your sources.

Can you please guide me (well us) directly to what your sources are?
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #99
JT
Member
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29, 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 7,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
I did a search on "marijuana" in ChitChat and 304 results came up. I am not looking and searching for your specific posts where you mention your sources.

Can you please guide me (well us) directly to what your sources are?
I think I found some on the Politics board from over 3 years ago. Yeah, I'm not gonna waste my time reading posts from over 3 years ago because he doesn't feel like backing himself up now.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 PM   #100
Doodyville10019
Meet my new friend Sparkie!
Forum Regular
 
Doodyville10019's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 08, 2008
Location: Competition Square, located in Doodyville Park
Posts: 875
Send a message via AIM to Doodyville10019 Send a message via Yahoo to Doodyville10019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
Unfortunately, we have been witnessing the decay of society and morals in general. Which includes the "acceptance" of things like mind-alterting drugs, abortion, open sex and unmarried couples living together.
Fleet, that's all fine and dandy, and if you like to keep living in 1959, that's OK by me. (in that case, please don't forget and tell me what happened on Howdy Doody this past Saturday!)

As for me, I know where I am - in 2009 - and I'm happy that we've come a long way over the past 50 years to become somewhat of a more open society and more "accepting" of ideas and people that at one time were shunned. I can go into my opinions about everything Fleet mentioned above, but that is another post for another day.

I know lots of people who smoked marijuana from the time I was in 8th grade to the present. That covers 35 years of my life. VERY FEW of them ever went on to do anything harder (maybe 2 or 3 out of...say...at least 100 people). Plus, we live in a faster and far more stressful, pressure-packed world than even my parents did - and they grew up during the Great Depression! Finally, Michael Phelps should have NEVER been suspended for using pot - it obviously didn't hurt his skills or medal-winning abillity!
__________________
Hi! Hey! Hello again, here we go again!
Doodyville10019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #101
Fleet
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
Forum Veteran
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 15,229
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
I think I found some on the Politics board from over 3 years ago. Yeah, I'm not gonna waste my time reading posts from over 3 years ago because he doesn't feel like backing himself up now.
It's right here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...=147794&page=5
(Post #63)

I don't really expect those who love marijuana to believe anything negative about it anyway.
Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #102
Fleet
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
Forum Veteran
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 15,229
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
Uhh...no?

Why should I go on a duck hunt for these alleged posts? I've already produced my sources, and I can produce more if need be. You're trying to make your point, so you go and find your own back-up. Until you do, consider yourself pwned.
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who discourages mind-altering drug use is never "pwned."
Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 PM   #103
Fleet
Mansions, limousines & H-ween
Forum Veteran
 
Fleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2002
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, California
Posts: 15,229
Send a message via AIM to Fleet
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodyville10019
Fleet, that's all fine and dandy, and if you like to keep living in 1959, that's OK by me. (in that case, please don't forget and tell me what happened on Howdy Doody this past Saturday!)
Speaking of that, do you know what the biggest problems in school were back then regarding children?
- Running in the halls
- Chewing gum
- Talking in class

In the 1990s and later, it is:
- Illegal drugs
- Teen pregnancy
- Guns in school

(I'm sure glad I didn't have to worry about some other kid packing a gun when I was in school in the '60s and '70s!)

Quote:
As for me, I know where I am - in 2009 - and I'm happy that we've come a long way over the past 50 years to become somewhat of a more open society and more "accepting" of ideas and people that at one time were shunned. I can go into my opinions about everything Fleet mentioned above, but that is another post for another day.
Yeah, we have come a long way, but the problem is a lot of it was for the worse!

Quote:
I know lots of people who smoked marijuana from the time I was in 8th grade to the present. That covers 35 years of my life. VERY FEW of them ever went on to do anything harder (maybe 2 or 3 out of...say...at least 100 people).
And there are many people out there who know friends who ruined their lives by starting with marijuana.

Quote:
Plus, we live in a faster and far more stressful, pressure-packed world than even my parents did - and they grew up during the Great Depression!
We may be living in a faster world, but no way is it more stressful or pressure-packed than the '30s and '40s. When was the last time you engaged in an air-raid drill? Or saw a house with a bomb shelter? When was the last time your father skipped dinner because there wasn't enough food to go around for the whole family?

Quote:
Finally, Michael Phelps should have NEVER been suspended for using pot - it obviously didn't hurt his skills or medal-winning abillity!
He violated his contract. He had every right to be suspended. Even he said what he did was dumb. I agree; it was.
Fleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #104
JT
Member
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29, 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 7,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
It's right here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...=147794&page=5
(Post #63)

I don't really expect those who love marijuana to believe anything negative about it anyway.
I don't "love marijuana." I've never smoked it, and as long as it is illegal, I don't intend to smoke it, either. If it's decriminalized? IDK. But that's the exact same way I feel about alcohol and cigarettes.

Quote:
"Marijuana is not a benign drug; its use impairs learning and judgment and may lead to the development of mental health problems."
- American Medical Association
Mental health problems are a long-term effect of smoking marijuana. Just like mental health problems are a long-term effect of drinking alcohol.

Quote:
"Smoking marijuana can injure or destroy lung tissue...
And so does smoking cigarettes.

Quote:
...Marijuana smoke contains 50-70% more of some cancer-causing chemicals than does tobacco smoke."
- American Lung Association
Here's a study done in 2006: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...501729_pf.html

Looks like you need to update your information.

Quote:
"Recent research has indicated that for some people there is a correlation between frequent marijuana use and aggressive or violent behavior. This should be a concern to parents, community leaders and all Americans."
- The National Crime Prevention
So says the National Crime Prevention. They lump marijuana in with tobacco and alcohol, so what they say for marijuana should also be taken into consideration when discussing alcohol and tobacco.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:17 PM   #105
JT
Member
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29, 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 7,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
As far as I'm concerned, anyone who discourages mind-altering drug use is never "pwned."
As far as I'm concerned, someone who ignores proven scientific research is always pwned.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.