Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #46
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran
Jonah and Amy Forever!

This thread is sad, and it did surprise me a little bit to see the title, but it doesn't offend me at all. I say that as a woman who's mother has had breast cancer for three months now. There's nothing wrong with posting such a thread. I've read threads on this board that are far more morbid. I found the list of actors and actresses interesting because a lot of them I didn't know how they died.

Cancer is such a horrible, horrible thing.

Andrea
Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #47
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
This thread is sad, and it did surprise me a little bit to see the title, but it doesn't offend me at all. I say that as a woman who's mother has had breast cancer for three months now. There's nothing wrong with posting such a thread. I've read threads on this board that are far more morbid. I found the list of actors and actresses interesting because a lot of them I didn't know how they died.

Andrea

You'd be surprised how morbid you'd feel it was when it kept getting bumped every few HOURS while you, yourself are going through radiation and chemotherapy and all you see is the list growing of people who didn't beat the disease. We have to remember that we have ALL sorts of people on this forum at all times and what might appear to be harmless to some, isn't to others depending on their state of mind.
When you're going through treatment, you're constantly being told that you must keep optomistic about your recovery and that state of mind can make the difference between recovery and death.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 07-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #48
DLevine2
DLevine2

Bea Arthur died of cancer on April 25, 2009
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #49
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pus$y Galore
You'd be surprised how morbid you'd feel it was when it kept getting bumped every few HOURS while you, yourself are going through radiation and chemotherapy and all you see is the list growing of people who didn't beat the disease. We have to remember that we have ALL sorts of people on this forum at all times and what might appear to be harmless to some, isn't to others depending on their state of mind.
When you're going through treatment, you're constantly being told that you must keep optomistic about your recovery and that state of mind can make the difference between recovery and death.

If only I can see you in person and give you a big hug. For now I'll send it to you through this post.

I understand fully how you're feeling. Only a person who's gone through treatment could fully understand what you're going through. This is a harsh post but it's reality. I only read up to page 2 because it was just too much . I send you positive thoughts and hope.........

***SAY NO TO DRUGS***

Jesus saves...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #50
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

I lost a family member to cancer too, and this thread while morbid can also make you appreciate life more, at least it does me

Quote:
This is such a FREAKING uplifting thread!!!

What's with the fascination of death from cancer??? No threads about people who died from heart attacks, kidney failure, obesity, accidents?

Why not let everyone in on the fun and not just those of us who are DEALING with and trying to fight cancer right now? When you're being told all the positive things they have to fight the disease these days and then you come home from your treatments to see this wonderful list, well I'll tell ya, the urge to fight just becomes so great then!! (NOT)

* grabs a shovel to start digging her own grave..... *

I'm really not trying to be rude, but you know you do have the option of NOT reading the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie

Andrea

Well said!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #51
Ohio8

Send a message via AIM to Ohio8 Send a message via Yahoo to Ohio8

Attached Images

Old 10-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #52
wenn607
Occasional Poster
wenn607

Default Cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKS
I lost a family member to cancer too, and this thread while morbid can also make you appreciate life more, at least it does me

I'm really not trying to be rude, but you know you do have the option of NOT reading the thread.

Well said!
I was lead to this thread from anothewr site called Care2.It was about smoking and cancer and also actors and actresses who died from cancer.My mom has colon mestasis to her liver and it has spread to her lungs now.She is 59.She is unable to do almost anything anymore,even eat.She was diagnosed only in March.I came to see who died and how.Not morbid.Just wondering if anyone had her kind of cancer and how long they lived.The only person I see here who had cancer like my mom's was Jackie Gleason .I will research him and see how long he lived after being diagnosed.I know I am grasping at straws now but I am looking for hope.I agree with others,if you don't like this why do you read this????I am grieving for my mom.I will read what I want to read.I am not morbid and I am not getting a kick or a thrill out of this.Go to Care2 causes.It is a great site!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #53
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenn607

I agree with others,if you don't like this why do you read this????I am grieving for my mom.I will read what I want to read.I am not morbid and I am not getting a kick or a thrill out of this.Go to Care2 causes.It is a great site!!!

Because unlike you, I have been a longtime member of this site and while undergoing my treatments last year, it was being bumped every few hours. You couldn't miss the title of the thread - I didn't even have to read the posts - the title alone was getting me down. If you read my entire post and the reasoning behind it, especially having a mother who's fighting the disease herself now, you should understand that. All I wanted was people to back off a bit on the running thread and maybe putting up a positve thread about celebrities who've beaten the disease (which there is one now). I would think you'd rather look at that one than morbidly trying to see how long your mother has.
And btw, I wasn't the only member being brought down by this thread. There were others.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:31 PM   #54
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitooey
If only I can see you in person and give you a big hug. For now I'll send it to you through this post.

I understand fully how you're feeling. Only a person who's gone through treatment could fully understand what you're going through. This is a harsh post but it's reality. I only read up to page 2 because it was just too much . I send you positive thoughts and hope.........
Thanks Pitooey - you have no idea how your encouragement and virtual hug helps.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #55
Pitooey
Forum Veteran

To Wenn067............... I can understand your reasoning. When you hear the word cancer so many things go through your mind. It's a devastating disease. I'm sending you a big cyber hug.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #56
biffbronson

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

Not yet mentioned:

Pamela Britton was only 51 when she died from a brain tumor in 1974. Her sitcom work included My Favorite Martian (one of the main stars) and Blondie. Pamela's mother lived past age 100...!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 PM   #57
PunkyP0WER
Banned!!
WAKE UP & DREAM

Quote:
Because unlike you, I have been a longtime member of this site and while undergoing my treatments last year, it was being bumped every few hours. You couldn't miss the title of the thread - I didn't even have to read the posts - the title alone was getting me down. If you read my entire post and the reasoning behind it, especially having a mother who's fighting the disease herself now, you should understand that. All I wanted was people to back off a bit on the running thread and maybe putting up a positve thread about celebrities who've beaten the disease (which there is one now). I would think you'd rather look at that one than morbidly trying to see how long your mother has.
And btw, I wasn't the only member being brought down by this thread. There were others.
i agree and i was one of them. its disturbing that this thread has resurfaced yet again. people have the freedom to talk about most anyhting they want on here and i respect that, but i think its morbid to make a celebrity death toll list. yes, i could just not read it, but coming on the board and seeng just the title right there in your face is just as unsettling. even though marvin is in remission, his cancer and recurrences is always a cloud hanging over our heads and its very unpleasant to be constantly reminded of it.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #58
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyP0WER
i agree and i was one of them. its disturbing that this thread has resurfaced yet again. people have the freedom to talk about most anyhting they want on here and i respect that, but i think its morbid to make a celebrity death toll list. yes, i could just not read it, but coming on the board and seeng just the title right there in your face is just as unsettling. even though marvin is in remission, his cancer and recurrences is always a cloud hanging over our heads and its very unpleasant to be constantly reminded of it.

I hear ya Sweety. I too, am in remission, but every headache, every dizzy or nausea spell I wonder if it's coming back. It's still too fresh to put to the back of your mind. And I'm sure Marvin is being warned like me to stay away from huge crowds, etc. now because of the H1N1 virus and other things that really threaten our health. It IS a black cloud always hanging over you once you've been diagnosed.

To me, the poster who just posted once (and mysteriously went to a sitcoms site to check on cancer deaths?????) was nothing more than a spammer since they mentioned this "great site". If anything, the post should have just been deleted. And if they were truly "grieving" you'd think they would have some compassion for people still battling this hideous disease. You can't help but to read the title and like I said, it was being bumped umpteen times a day at that point.

Let's just say a lot of celebs and regular people die from it. Hopefully even more survive it.

btw, glad to hear Marv's doing well! Luv to ya both my friend!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #59
Doodyville10019
Forum Regular
Meet my new friend Sparkie!

Send a message via AIM to Doodyville10019 Send a message via Yahoo to Doodyville10019

Quote:
Thanks Lauren and Charles. You know I'm not normally one to be super sensitive (anymore at least), and I don't piss in threads as a rule, but it really does start to get under your skin when everytime you come here you see this thread or ones similar to it, and believe me, you'd be surprised at how many there have been.

Lee, I can only pray for you and hope that you and no members of your family ever suffer from the disease and you have to look at a running log of deaths each day. You'll find you get enough of it in the media and news.

I haven't reported the thread, it's perfectly "acceptable", however, it does appear to be a morbid fascination with people. And if it were a thread about deaths from suicide, could also romantisize it enough that it could be enough to push a very depressed person over the edge. We have many depressed members here on ChitChat. So how do you think this makes a cancer patient feel when they're feeling like death warned over just from the treatments, let alone the disease itself. And then to read the number of times and all the places everyone got it before they bought the farm is really fun too!

I'm just saying, I try to come here to get my head away from it as much as I can, and if it's a helpful, educational, prayer type of thread, then fine, but when it's just chalking them up to see how many you can get, it's just sick imo. And frankly Lee, your call out to me was even sicker.

Trust me - I know where you're coming from. Two members of my family died of cancer, a third had to have her ovaries/uterus removed, and a fourth had cancer 6 times in the years that I knew her (and beat it every time) before she finally passed on. My BFF is now dealing with a cancerous tumor in her left eye after having another removed from her neck in 2002. It's no fun watching someone have to go through chemo/radiation therapy and/or surgery. If you're close to them, their pain is your pain - you love them and give them all the support in the world.

I agree - this isn't the best thread to follow here, but I am seeing this as, in a way, remembering and thinking about our favorite performers.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:25 AM   #60
wenn607
Occasional Poster
wenn607

Heart Cancer is devestating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitooey
To Wenn067............... I can understand your reasoning. When you hear the word cancer so many things go through your mind. It's a devastating disease. I'm sending you a big cyber hug.
Thank you for the hug.I have been grieving and grieving and do not know really what to do but I have to stay strong for her and my father.It's terribly sad.I do not want her to go,not yet,no way.She was fine in March.I have been noticing in the Obituaries also lately alot of younger people are dying of cancers and other diseases.It's a very sad world that we live in.I don't know why people would look at this stuff it if hurts them so much.There are many wonderful books to read and many many thousand other websites to look at.
I wish there was a cure and everyone would get better but that is not going to happen today.I am praying for everyone with illnesses,I may even have one myself.I am sick,have been since September 26 and cannot shake it?What can be wrong with me?I am going to the doctor.I did not take care of my body for years.I am truely saddened for all of the people with cancer and have to endure chemotherapy.I do see my mother go through this.I am not turning my head away.I am sorry.Wendy