Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Comedy Central Gets The Office; ABC Pairs Roseanne and The Middle in April
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-16-2009, 11:18 PM   #31
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsongirl
See it from her point of view...you'd feel the same way.

Thanks Cath.

And yah, I didn't report the thread, but did mention it to Janice OFF the boards because I was talking about other things going on too. I also knew she had several family members with it and it's affected her greatly as well. We have our good member Tara who had a very recent scare and is even still recovering from her surgery. Then there's Kimberlee who's husband is going thru yet another round of it. They might not speak up but I'm sure it sends a shiver down their spine when they see it too.

I don't mean to be a bummer, but man, there HAS to be other more interesting and uplifting topics to discuss ....... how 'bout seeing who can be the first one to find an actor or actress who died of an acute or chronic 'bout of ear wax? Something UNUSUAL ya know!

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 02-16-2009, 11:34 PM   #32
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Merry Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
but man, there HAS to be other more interesting topics to discuss .......
Well, I know one question that's on EVERYONE'S mind. Why doesn't the character in your avatar just get it over with and take a pee?!
Old 02-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #33
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Well, I know one question that's on EVERYONE'S mind. Why doesn't the character in your avatar just get it over with and take a pee?!

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #34
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

yes, I see your point, Cathie and Janice. (now I'm sorry I contributed to this thread)
Old 02-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #35
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Yeah, sorry Cathie. I think it's a perfectly legitimate thread, but I can understand how you and many others would take offense to it.

"I can feel it - the turn of the Earth,
the ground beneath our feet
spinning at a thousand miles an hour.
And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun
at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it.
We're falling through space, you and me.
Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world
and if we let go..."

- The Doctor
Old 02-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #36
Mr. Television
Forum Legend

Yea I think this thread is sort of morbid as well and I can see why Cathie, Janice and some others would feel this way. I lost a few family members to cancer as well. My cousin's husband suffered from it and died just last year. I've seen what it can do. I just pray to God that someday their is a cure for this dreadful disease .
Old 02-17-2009, 01:53 AM   #37
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

(Janice's pee comment) :

I know!!! I've been TRYING to change him since New Years and I can't! I gave up letting you guys know cuz it doesn't show at your end. There's a lot of times, I can't even use the smilies and especially the font stuff from the menu at the top of the window! That's the only one that would work that I could come up with a semi-witty saying for!

I'm glad you guys understand though and I'm not mad at you or anything. It is a real topic, but right at the moment, I'm starting the 2nd round of chemo and am dreading it (this Friday). I don't even know frankly if I'm getting better and don't want to even think about it at the moment. Doctors are pissed and giving me .,;-, didn't get that job after 3 long and good interviews, and so on.

And until I can magically get another av up, just read those words in the voice of Forrest Gump! And now, "I Gotta Pee!" (after downing 15 Dr. Pepper's).
Old 02-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #38
Mrdata
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
Thanks Lauren and Charles. You know I'm not normally one to be super sensitive (anymore at least), and I don't piss in threads as a rule, but it really does start to get under your skin when everytime you come here you see this thread or ones similar to it, and believe me, you'd be surprised at how many there have been.

Lee, I can only pray for you and hope that you and no members of your family ever suffer from the disease and you have to look at a running log of deaths each day. You'll find you get enough of it in the media and news.

I haven't reported the thread, it's perfectly "acceptable", however, it does appear to be a morbid fascination with people. And if it were a thread about deaths from suicide, could also romantisize it enough that it could be enough to push a very depressed person over the edge. We have many depressed members here on ChitChat. So how do you think this makes a cancer patient feel when they're feeling like death warned over just from the treatments, let alone the disease itself. And then to read the number of times and all the places everyone got it before they bought the farm is really fun too!

I'm just saying, I try to come here to get my head away from it as much as I can, and if it's a helpful, educational, prayer type of thread, then fine, but when it's just chalking them up to see how many you can get, it's just sick imo. And frankly Lee, your call out to me was even sicker.

Oh my goodness I am so sorry that I have offended anyone by answering this thread! I just saw the thread and didn't think anything about how it might affect anyone reading it who is fighting a disease.
I appologize Tripperfan and I hope you can forgive me!

If I could delete my entries I would!

Charles
Old 02-17-2009, 05:37 PM   #39
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdata
Oh my goodness I am so sorry that I have offended anyone by answering this thread! I just saw the thread and didn't think anything about how it might affect anyone reading it who is fighting a disease.
I appologize Tripperfan and I hope you can forgive me!

If I could delete my entries I would!

Charles

Please don't feel bad Charles (and I loved Jim Varney btw).

It was just seeing it so often in the active threads. I don't mind it showing up now and then as I'm sure others don't. Afterall, it is a topic and part of life and I don't like anyone feeling censored. Maybe if we evened it out with a positive thread to list all the celebs who've beaten the disease too!

Cathie
Old 02-18-2009, 10:39 PM   #40
Ohio8

Send a message via AIM to Ohio8 Send a message via Yahoo to Ohio8

Richard Crenna: January 17, 2003 (pancreatic cancer).
Cathryn Damon: May 4, 1987 (cancer).
Richard Mulligan: September 26, 2000 (colon cancer).

Also: Larry Linville died on April 10, 2000 from pneumonia due to complications from a cancer operation.
Brian Keith: June 24, 1997. Gunshot suicide; Brian was suffering from emphysema and terminal lung cancer.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:01 AM   #41
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I'm sorry for my remark, it was uncalled for. I hope you can forgive me.

It's o.k. - no problem buddy thx
Old 02-19-2009, 11:27 PM   #42
Ohio8

I dropped the ball here (how could I forget?!!):
Paul Newman: September 2008; lung cancer.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #43
Doodyville10019
Forum Regular
Meet my new friend Sparkie!

Send a message via AIM to Doodyville10019 Send a message via Yahoo to Doodyville10019

I can kinda see what the big deal is here about being offended by a thread such as this. I loved my brother-in-law dearly - he died of lung cancer a few years ago, but that's not how I remember him. I remember him fighting it to the very end - despite the pain and torture of both the disease itself and all of the treatments he stayed positive throughout - he never stopped fighting and he NEVER gave up.

Sure, he wasn't a celebrity, but when i read this thread, that's what I think of - not how Rudy died, but how he LIVED throughout the ordeal. That's why this thread does not offend me.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #44
Ohio8

Roscoe Lee Browne: April 11, 2007
Old 07-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #45
pretty women
First Time Poster

He better go drug-free to honor her memory! Son of Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal, Redmond, was left a $3 million inheritance when his mother passed away of cancer last month. The incarcerated drug offender will receive a supervised monthly allowance from a trust fund in hopes of keeping him clean and for the purchase of his.
Farrah Fawcett Leaves Druggie Son $3 Million!!!

Filed under: Drugs > Farrah Fawcett