Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

American Dreams Online / American Dreams Photo Gallery

American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition)

Buy American Dreams - Season One (Extended Music Edition) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > American Dreams
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #1
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Thumbs up POSSIBLE DVD NEWS???

I apologize for the all-Caps, I'm just super excited!!!! I got this in my e-mail today from the Yahoo group: americandreamsbacklot. Here is the entire email:
Quote:
Attention American Dreams Fans!

Jonathan Prince and the other creators/producers of American Dreams are currently in negotiations to release ALL THREE seasons of our favorite show on DVD. According to Mr. Prince, here is what you can expect when they are released:

“We will have ALL THREE SEASONS of 'American Dreams' on DVD, with bonus material, plans for a videotaped cast REUNION, as well as the 8 minute "Finale" that never aired, showing what happened to everyone in the show....”

An outpouring of fan support would help them greatly during this time. How can you help? Send an email to the address below.

Email tips:

- Make them relatively short and to the point.

- Let them know that you will DEFINITELY be buying the DVDs

- Why you liked the show, what it meant to you, etc...

These emails will likely be reviewed by Mr. Prince and other executives, so please check your spelling, etc…

Send an email to: AmericanDreamsonDVD @yahoo.com

This is SUCH GOOD NEWS for all of us who have been waiting to see Seasons Two and Three debut on DVD. Your emails will help the negotiation process. So email soon, and spread the word to other AD fans so they can email us, too!

Also, check the American Dreams Fan Club website for updates: www.americandreamsf anclub.com

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Do you guys think this is legit? Because I would SOOO love the remaining seasons on DVD AND a reunion with the cast AND the 8 minute finale we never got to see because NBC was stupid in canceling this gem of a show *cough.*
What do you guys think?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
TeeVeeCloset

This really sounds exciting but a little too good to be true, yes I would even buy season one over again if needed, but the music clearances would seem to make this release of the entire series nearly impossible, It has a very loyal but finate audience...I suggest you start a petition and campaign (even here) and forward the posts to the email address as many suspect this might not be totally factual....i believe the original poster, its it origin we are weary of...
Old 01-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Leigh Ann

Send a message via AIM to Leigh Ann

This sounds great! If it's true, I'd probably buy it. I'm afraid I haven't watched AD in a few years, so it would be nice getting into the series again, if this comes available.

Niles & Daphne =

Precious Memories

Win Free Stuff!!

Gone, but not forgotten:

RIP my grandmother 1926-2013

RIP Joe Conley (Ike Godsey) 1928-2013

RIP Frank Bank (Lumpy Rutherford) 1942-2013

RIP Andy Griffith: 1926-2012

RIP Larry Hagman: 1931-2012

RIP Neal Cassidy (Once Upon a Time)
Old 01-27-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
leafan36
Occasional Poster
leafan36

Thumbs up Choosing to be Optimistic

I too received this email from Yahoo Groups. I already sent a short email to the address listed on the American Dreams Fan Club site. Hopefully this works. It would be so nice to see all the episodes with fun extras, a reunion interview, and of course the 8 minute series wrap up. Maybe all of our hard work to get this released has not been in vain. I am choosing to be optimistic about this
Old 01-28-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Thanks for your input everyone!!
Really I would love to see all remaining seasons of American Dreams on DVD...whatever it takes, but I was so excited about this news, that I didn't even consider the music issue. Hmm....
You guys think this is too good to be true?
And is the website not very reliable? I haven't ever visited it. I don't even remember how I signed up for this Yahoo group, but I've been a part of it since AD was on the air...
Do you think campaigning independently would work better?
Old 01-28-2009, 12:52 AM   #7
ADfanclub
Frequent Poster

Hi, I'm Leigh from the Official American Dreams Fan Club.

This is absolutely legit, I sent it out yesterday after conversing with Jonathan Prince.

(Thanks to PrettyinPink for spreading the news before I could get here! )

The negotiations are going on now, this isn't pleading for someone to become interested in producing the DVDs, that's a done deal. This will just help push the negotiations along.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks to everyone who has written to AmericanDreamsonDVD@yahoo.com so far, I've already passed them on.

(Edited to add...) And my website is very reliable! It isn't very fancy, as I don't have fabulous web-design skills, but it gets the job done. I have a few exclusive photos on there that no one else has published, hopefully that can help to prove that I am legit.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:30 AM   #8
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADfanclub
Hi, I'm Leigh from the Official American Dreams Fan Club.

This is absolutely legit, I sent it out yesterday after conversing with Jonathan Prince.

(Thanks to PrettyinPink for spreading the news before I could get here! )

The negotiations are going on now, this isn't pleading for someone to become interested in producing the DVDs, that's a done deal. This will just help push the negotiations along.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks to everyone who has written to AmericanDreamsonDVD@yahoo.com so far, I've already passed them on.

(Edited to add...) And my website is very reliable! It isn't very fancy, as I don't have fabulous web-design skills, but it gets the job done. I have a few exclusive photos on there that no one else has published, hopefully that can help to prove that I am legit.

OH WOW!!!!! This is so exciting!!!!!

What a great birthday present!!!

And I'm so so so sorry Leigh, if I did anything to make you think I was doubting the legitimacy of your site...I was just going on what other posters had said in response to my previous post. I just visited it actually, and it melted my heart to find the picture of JJ and Beth's wedding!!! <3
I so want to see this show on DVD, so I will be e-mailing and doing everything I can, just as I did to try to help save the show from cancelation. I remember all the e-mails I wrote to NBC in that great big fan campaign a few years ago to save the show. It was great to be a part of such a big campaign and join fellow AD fans who loved the show as much as I did. Sad that we got canceled, but still, it was great to meet fellow passionate AD fans

Thank you very much Leigh, and I apologize if I did anything to offend you!!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:47 AM   #9
ADfanclub
Frequent Poster

I wasn't offended at all. I just wanted to address my legitimacy because multiple people were speculating about the accuracy of the news.

(And truly, being skeptical about what you read on the internet is a good thing.)
Old 01-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #10
TeeVeeCloset

Great....add me to the list of definate buyers when and if released!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #11
Maine AD Fan
Frequent Poster

Default American Dreams DVD release

Hi AD Fans - Great to see you're still out there! I was beginning to worry that this website was lost in the dustbin of history, never to be visited by any of you again. Yes, it's great news to hear some indication that Series 2 and 3 will be released at long last!!! I worry about the music issues, so am trying not to get my hopes too high, but I've already written a letter of support to that e-mail address.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #12
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

I know this is kinda silly, but I can't help but wonder if AD was still on the air to this day, where the show would be, what the characters would be doing, and how they would react to some of the events following the show's end. The 60's was a tumultuous decade, and I would've loved to have seen the rest of it through the Pryor and Walker family's eyes!!!

So glad to find other fans like myself!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #13
ADfanclub
Frequent Poster

To everyone who has already sent in an email... THANK YOU. I have sent all the emails I have received to Jonathan Prince, and he wants to keep them coming!

So if you've already sent in an email, make sure to tell your friends and family members to send one, too.

Thanks!

Leigh
AmericanDreamsonDVD@yahoo.com

www.americandreamsfanclub.com
Old 06-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
herladyship
Occasional Poster

Does anybody know whatever came of this? Will it finally be released?
Old 06-21-2009, 12:28 AM   #15
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by herladyship
Does anybody know whatever came of this? Will it finally be released?

I'm just coming off of the "Season 2 of Everwood's finally on DVD high," so I may be unrealistically optimistic, but I hope soon!!!!
I haven't heard anything.
Anyone else??