Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Night Court links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Night Court Photo Gallery

Night Court - The Complete First Season

Buy Night Court - The Complete First Season on DVD
Night Court - Television Favorites

Buy Night Court - Television Favorites on DVD
Night Court - The Complete Second Season

Buy Night Court - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Night Court - The Complete Third Season

Buy Night Court - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Night Court - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Night Court - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Night Court - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Night Court - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Night Court - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Night Court - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Night Court - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Night Court - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Night Court - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Night Court - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
Night Court - The Complete Ninth Season

Buy Night Court - The Complete Ninth Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Night Court
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default Night Court - The Complete Second Season DVD Review

Click, click! Disorder in the court! After four years, Judge Harold T. Stone, Dan, Bull, and Selma return for a second season of dispensing justice to the assorted nuts of Night Court on DVD from Warner Home Video! New to courtroom this season: Public Defender Billie Young and Vietnam vet Mac Robinson, the courtroom clerk. Among the guest stars this season is Markie Post who plays a substitute public defender Christine Sullivan who will become a full-time member in season three! So buy this season so you can how Markie got her start!

Night Court season two stars: Harry Anderson, Ellen Foley, John Larroquette, Charles Robinson, Richard Moll, and Selma Diamond.

Read our review by Pavan here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/nightco...dvdreview.html

Please post any questions or comments about this set.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
ekkostar
Coffee, Tea & Larroquette!

Send a message via Yahoo to ekkostar

I cannot wait for this. I'm going to pick this up next week because I've been waiting since 2005 for this thing to come out! My tapes from the original TV Land repeats in Fall 05 are just about worn out. You can tell by my avatar image (Cap from Dan's Parents). O.O
I like the idea of a cardboard dust cover and all the promotional photos in the keepcase, it sounds a lot like the cool looking clear TV Favorites case. WB is stepping it up with this set, I just wish they would have included some scripts or episode promos, though.

EDIT: Does anyone have an idea of what the prices will be from store to store? Wal-Mart is about the same retail and online, they will be selling it for $19.99, but on Tuesday they sometimes reduce the retail price by a few dollars depending on the store. Best Buy looks to be selling it for full price for $29.99. Not sure about Target, but since they're in competition with Wal-Mart they may be selling it for a few dollars less.

UPDATE: I picked it up today, what a beautiful set, I love the cardboard slipcover, it's a nice way to make the transition from the original keep case design of the first season to a slipcover to make way for the slim cases that will probably come with the later seasons. I'm anticipating the slim cases in S3 because that will mean extra production photos and possibly a bigger insert book.
As for prices, it was not being sold at Target and Wal-Mart's retail price was $24.96. I'm sure this will be brought down on a possible slipcover-less budget rerelease in a few months.

"All my sitcoms had an audience, with four or five cameras, so working this way has always been appealing to me." - John Larroquette

A living legend, five Emmys and a Tony award! Your favorites could never...

Last edited by ekkostar : 02-03-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:17 AM   #3
ekkostar
Coffee, Tea & Larroquette!

Send a message via Yahoo to ekkostar

I have to start a new reply to say... I really love the set. It's great having the restored scenes cut by TV Land in syndication and the picture is beautiful although the caps come out a little dark saturated.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:10 AM   #4
Chrisothebigc
Frequent Poster

HOORAY! I didn't even know this was out! I just ordered my set.

The second season of "Night Court" was my personal favorite. I feel that it is when the show really started to gel. I LOVED Ellen Foley as Billie. She was tough and funny and sexy. It's too bad that she and Harry had ZERO sexual chemistry together. They were just peachy flirting...but remember the ep where they were tied up together? NOTHING!

The addition of Mac was the icing on the cake. Billie and Mac helped to bring the ratings up where they belonged. If they had not worked out so well, "Night Court" probably would not have seen a third season.

LOVED Selma Diamond. Florence was just fine, but I never warmed to Roz.

I look forward to the Markie Post seasons! Honestly, I would have liked Billie to stay on, but it's impossible not to like Christine. If Post hadn't been stuck on "The Fall Guy", Ellen would have never have had her turn, so I'm grateful for what we've got. Pro-Billie or anti-Billie, you cannnot deny that she paved the way for Christine...take note of the identical introductory plot for each woman (or should I say the reintroduction of Christine), not to mention the court wardrobe.

Court is back in session!

Last edited by Chrisothebigc : 02-24-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
Bachu
Forum Regular

Default Married Alive

this is one of my fave episodes of Night Court but does anyone know whether the episode was cut at the start before even it's original transmission for timing or anything? I ask because when the episode fades in at the start Dan is pulling a face at the point he is interupted by the woman who is the main guest star. Most episodes start with some jokes unrelated to the main plot and again, with Dan's face, I think someone was cut during the orginal editing of the episode.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Thumbs up

Sounds great!! I love the cover art.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013