Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-24-2009, 06:50 PM   #16
Chocoholic
Banned!!
Forum Veteran
Banned

Yes, all pet owners should be responsible for their pet's behavior. If a dog or cat attacks or even kills a person, then the animal should be put to sleep and the owner should be punished. People come before animals.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #17
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
I'm an animal lover and I love dogs but their are supposed to be leash laws and people just don't always follow them. When I was a kid in N.C. dogs were always running loose. Many of them chased after me. If a dog who is not on a leash attacks somebody and hurts or kills them, then the owners should be held responsible. I have a different opinion if the attack is in the dog's own yard.
Yes, if it's a burglar or something like that invading your property, then I don't think an owner should be liable. It's different if the dog is trained to guard you and your family.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 01-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #18
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

I have mixed feelings about this. People can get up to 20 years if it was their pet that killed someone. But rapists and murderers often get less than that AND get released early for good behavior. Bwuh?!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #19
Purffin
Forum Regular

This is a tough one. I agree that owners should be punished if their dog attacks ,although 20 years seems like a bit much. But it also depends on the situation.
I am the owner of two pitbulls. I could say the same that my dogs have never been aggressive toward anyone, including my kids. But on the other hand we still take precautions. The dogs are in a fenced yard and they are on a chain. My kids never play in the backyard with the dogs unless we are back there with them and i would never let anyones elses children play around the dogs just cause you never know.
Also the owners of the 4 pitbulls were not being responsible, if they had a dog who had just given birth to puppies they should have known she may get on the defense if she thought anyone was a threat to her and her babies, even an innocent child. Thats with any dog whose just given birth.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #20
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries

This happened around 1976. I was playing in my back yard with my 2 dogs. A few neighbor kids wanted to come in and play. I invited them in. Once they were back there however something went wrong. One of the dogs, his name was king attacked one of the other kids...it was a little girl. She was younger than me. It was very scary. The other 2 kids immediately jumped up on the ladder of our swimming pool. Meanwhile our other dog ( Lady Bell) jumped on top of King to try to stop him. I called for my Mom and she ran out. As soon as she called King, he stopped. He came wagging his tail like he did a good job. The girl's nose was just about torn off. I forget how many stiches she had to have. Her father was angry and threatened to sue us but afterwards he found out that the attack happened in our yard and that my parents didn't know they were back there. We got rid of that dog after that happened. That's one day that I'll never forget. King was a Collie also...not a dog that is known to attack anyone. We didn't have her as a puppy though so we think maybe she was trained to protect the family like that.