Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

FamilyNet Fall 2014 Schedule with Sony TV Classics; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 1, 2014)
Antenna TV Acquires 11 Classics for 2015, Includes One Day at a Time, Small Wonder; Amazon Prime Gets Jeffrey Tambor/Judith Light Comedy
ABC Family Fall 2014 Schedule; Long Island Blood & Babes Comic Con Sept. 12-14 in New York
66th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Lost Centric Episode of Disney Animated Series Written by Lost Co-Creator
Nick at Nite Fall 2014 Schedule with HIMYM; FXX's The Simpsons Marathon Scores for Day 1
Summer 2014 Week 13 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Every Simpsons Ever Marathon Brings FXX Big Numbers; Another Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New CBS DVD Complete Series Sets


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series / Review
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Todd Mueller
Forum Regular
Keepin' it real. . .
 
Todd Mueller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 655
Default Update: Arthur Paul Beal

Here is an update on Arthur Paul Beal. He was the guy who turned up with amnesia and thought his name was "Tyler." Through UM, his family was located. Later, an update said he was wanted for stealing a truckload of food, but nothing beyond that. I found it curious that they blurred his picture on the update when he appeared in his own story earlier. (I thought that was odd.)

Recently, I received information from someone who was close to Paul. It was sobering to read and his life has taken a turn for the bad. You can read the rest below.

As a quick aside, I had made a post some months ago about this case and all I thought was weird with it (the lack of info, what the crime was, why his face was blurred, etc.). It was kind of a good life lesson for me when I got this update. Sometimes I get so caught up with these 15-20 minute UM stories that I forget these are REAL people, with families and their own private lives. When I read the update I could never have guessed all that went into it. It just got me thinking that even though I want more info to satisfy my own curiousity, I need to be respectful and never forget these are more than stories for my (and our) entertainment. [Todd climbs off soapbox.]

Here is the update:

You were wondering how things turned out for Arthur Paul Beal. It is not a pretty tale.

Bond was posted by his father at the request of his sister. His father also made restitution to the company for the missing frozen seafood and damages to their vehicle. All charges were dropped.

Paul disowned his father because he did not believe the amnesia story and has not seen or spoken to him since 1992. He created a new life and identity and goes by Tyler Beal to this day. He had 2 children and was going through a divorce at the time of his disappearance and he never bothered to enforce the joint custody that he was granted and only paid child support when it was garnished.

He moved to Northern California and became a bartender in Danville. He had two more children with his live-in girlfriend. In November, 2007 he had a heart attack at age 39. He sustained severe brain damage from the heart attack and is permanently disabled. He now lives in a facility and spends most of his days in a wheelchair [unable to do anything]. Some people have nothing but bad luck. His face was not blurred in the original episode. Perhaps it was done after the fact as a gesture of respect.

On a side note... he was "missing" for so long because no one cared enough report him as being a missing person. Everyone assumed that he was trying to dodge arrest and did not want to be found.

Paul was kind of bitter about how he was portrayed on the show and the only people that believed the amnesia story were his mother, step-father and two sisters. He became a sort of joke and did not like it one bit. Whether or not he ever did have amnesia remains in question.


There was a newspaper article about his heart attack and recovery. The full article (with picture) can be found here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:28 AM   #2
Necco
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2006
Posts: 786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
Here is an update on Arthur Paul Beal. He was the guy who turned up with amnesia and thought his name was "Tyler." Through UM, his family was located. Later, an update said he was wanted for stealing a truckload of food, but nothing beyond that. I found it curious that they blurred his picture on the update when he appeared in his own story earlier. (I thought that was odd.)

Recently, I received information from someone who was close to Paul. It was sobering to read and his life has taken a turn for the bad. You can read the rest below.

As a quick aside, I had made a post some months ago about this case and all I thought was weird with it (the lack of info, what the crime was, why his face was blurred, etc.). It was kind of a good life lesson for me when I got this update. Sometimes I get so caught up with these 15-20 minute UM stories that I forget these are REAL people, with families and their own private lives. When I read the update I could never have guessed all that went into it. It just got me thinking that even though I want more info to satisfy my own curiousity, I need to be respectful and never forget these are more than stories for my (and our) entertainment. [Todd climbs off soapbox.]

Here is the update:

You were wondering how things turned out for Arthur Paul Beal. It is not a pretty tale.

Bond was posted by his father at the request of his sister. His father also made restitution to the company for the missing frozen seafood and damages to their vehicle. All charges were dropped.

Paul disowned his father because he did not believe the amnesia story and has not seen or spoken to him since 1992. He created a new life and identity and goes by Tyler Beal to this day. He had 2 children and was going through a divorce at the time of his disappearance and he never bothered to enforce the joint custody that he was granted and only paid child support when it was garnished.

He moved to Northern California and became a bartender in Danville. He had two more children with his live-in girlfriend. In November, 2007 he had a heart attack at age 39. He sustained severe brain damage from the heart attack and is permanently disabled. He now lives in a facility and spends most of his days in a wheelchair [unable to do anything]. Some people have nothing but bad luck. His face was not blurred in the original episode. Perhaps it was done after the fact as a gesture of respect.

On a side note... he was "missing" for so long because no one cared enough report him as being a missing person. Everyone assumed that he was trying to dodge arrest and did not want to be found.

Paul was kind of bitter about how he was portrayed on the show and the only people that believed the amnesia story were his mother, step-father and two sisters. He became a sort of joke and did not like it one bit. Whether or not he ever did have amnesia remains in question.


There was a newspaper article about his heart attack and recovery. The full article (with picture) can be found here.


I wonder if the vascular/cardiac issues that led to his heart attack could have been a contributing factor to a case of amnesia.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
justins5256
Senior Member
Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 2,909
Default

Wow, that was a sobering read. Thanks so much for posting that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Fletch
Frequent Poster
Bullhead City, AZ
 
Fletch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 10, 2002
Posts: 172
Default

Was he the one who knew about plane maintenance and knew how to fly planes as well?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
UMfan77
Forum Regular
Member
 
UMfan77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 28, 2003
Posts: 925
Default

Oh my goodness! It's sad to hear what that poor guy went through and that he's now confined to a wheelchair. I've always realized that these are REAL PEOPLE being portrayed in UM. I've never took it as "entertainment".
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #6
crystaldawn
Moderator
Member
 
crystaldawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 17, 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,852
Default

Very sad. I hope he can make a full recovery. Thanks for posting TM!

Todd did the person who knew Tyler mention anything about his memory? When and if it came back?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #7
Todd Mueller
Forum Regular
Keepin' it real. . .
 
Todd Mueller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMfan77
I've always realized that these are REAL PEOPLE being portrayed in UM. I've never took it as "entertainment".

Hey, UMfan -

I wasn't trying to sound like I was ripping on anyone. In fact, I was only cutting down myself. I know they are real people, but what I was trying to say was that I forget sometimes there is a lot more going on than what we see in the show. Many times we get a limited or slanted view of the facts and then sometimes I (or perhaps, "we") draw conclusions based on that.

I just wanted to say that I feel bad in this case that my wanting to know the outcome seemed to overshadow the person in the story who was actually suffering quite a bit. That's all.

TM
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
Todd Mueller
Forum Regular
Keepin' it real. . .
 
Todd Mueller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
Todd did the person who knew Tyler mention anything about his memory? When and if it came back?

Didn't say other than most people seemed to think the whole amnesia episode wasn't real. I think after that APB didn't want to discuss it much with anyone. I did find it interesting that he kept the name "Tyler." Almost gives credence to his believing the amnesia was real, otherwise he could have picked a totally new identity that had nothing to do with his original self or the amnesia self.

I will say, when they show him getting the call from his mom on UM during the update, I thought either the amnesia is real or he was a hell of an actor.

But then again, I've been wrong before. . .
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #9
UMfan77
Forum Regular
Member
 
UMfan77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 28, 2003
Posts: 925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
Hey, UMfan -

I wasn't trying to sound like I was ripping on anyone. In fact, I was only cutting down myself. I know they are real people, but what I was trying to say was that I forget sometimes there is a lot more going on than what we see in the show. Many times we get a limited or slanted view of the facts and then sometimes I (or perhaps, "we") draw conclusions based on that.

I just wanted to say that I feel bad in this case that my wanting to know the outcome seemed to overshadow the person in the story who was actually suffering quite a bit. That's all.

TM

Oh, I knew what you meant, we all understand each other here. Sorry if my comment sounded snarky. Didn't mean it to sound like that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #10
LooksLikeCRicci
Senior Member
Likes to live in a clean house
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 1,563
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Dang, dude. That sucks. Poor Tyler. Thanks for posting the update!
  Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Spike TV

Unsolved Mysteries launched on Spike TV on Monday, October 13, 2008.

Unsolved Mysteries explores unsolved cases in which you, the viewer, can help solve a case. The show includes cases from a variety of categories: Murder, Missing Persons, Wanted Fugitives, UFOs, Ghosts, Fraud, Legends, Science/Medicine, among others. The new Unsolved Mysteries programs will consist of re-creations of the events, along with interviews with the subjects, participants and authorities, documentary footage and news footage. Entirely new graphics, special effects, music and title sequences were created for the Spike broadcasts, along with new narration and host stand-ups by Dennis Farina. They will broadcast 175 episodes.

Spike TV Schedule



Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.