Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
MonarC
Senior Member
The truth will set you free
 
MonarC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 05, 2002
Location: 3rd Stone From The Sun
Posts: 9,514
Thumbs up Chit Chat Archives

I really think the new Archive section is cool. Although it would be better if we could actually reply to those threads for those of us who like older threads. I am surprised at the number of people who are viewing those all the time. Just goes to show that a lot of people do like older threads. I think the Archives was a great idea.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Hollow
Forum Celebrity
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 16, 2001
Posts: 30,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarC
Although it would be better if we could actually reply to those threads for those of us who like older threads.
it wouldn't be an "archive" if we could bump them up.

that sentence was the biggest giveaway that this thread is just a rant disguised as an appreciation thread.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 35,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety pin
it wouldn't be an "archive" if we could bump them up.

that sentence was the biggest giveaway that this thread is just a rant disguised as an appreciation thread.
We could always view any thread. Only now, they can't be bumped up, even for those who did so responsibly. MonarC goes on and on yesterday about her right to bump up older threads. Now that she can't, it's a great idea. Looking for credit for it too. Unreal.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
MonarC
Senior Member
The truth will set you free
 
MonarC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 05, 2002
Location: 3rd Stone From The Sun
Posts: 9,514
Default

Don't cha love me?
 
Old 01-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Sitcoms Online Photo Galleries
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 60,363
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarC
I really think the new Archive section is cool. Although it would be better if we could actually reply to those threads for those of us who like older threads. I am surprised at the number of people who are viewing those all the time. Just goes to show that a lot of people do like older threads. I think the Archives was a great idea.
I think the archive section was a great idea and the best part about it is that they can't be bumped up. You're like a broken record. The other thread was locked so you started this one to complain about why you can't bump up old threads. It's really getting old.
__________________
Sonny
 
Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 35,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
I think the archive section was a great idea and the best part about it is that they can't be bumped up. You're like a broken record. The other thread was locked so you started this one to complain about why you can't bump up old threads. It's really getting old.
Really, like we're all stupid and don't know why this thread was made. Nice try though. Although I think the archive was a good idea, and I'm the one who asked TJ to do (so I get the credit, after TJ that is), it's for other reasons I'm glad. I actually wish things could have remained the way they were, and that ADULTS just bumped up threads here and there.

As it turned out, ridiculous threads were bumped up, out of boredom, and when asked to stop, pitched a fit, saying there was no rule about, rah, rah, rah. Now there's a rule and more. Monika and Ann bumped up the coolest threads, for all the right reasons. I'll miss that. There will be no fighting, ranting or raving, or this thread gets locked as well. TJ has spoken. The issue is over. There's always one person who ruins it for everybody else.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #7
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon
 
LuLu Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 23, 2004
Location: The Hogwarts Dungeons
Posts: 11,000
Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Really, like we're all stupid and don't know why this thread was made. Nice try though. Although I think the archive was a good idea, and I'm the one who asked TJ to do (so I get the credit, after TJ that is), it's for other reasons I'm glad. I actually wish things could have remained the way they were, and that ADULTS just bumped up threads here and there.

As it turned out, ridiculous threads were bumped up, out of boredom, and when asked to stop, pitched a fit, saying there was no rule about, rah, rah, rah. Now there's a rule and more. Monika and Ann bumped up the coolest threads, for all the right reasons. I'll miss that. There will be no fighting, ranting or raving, or this thread gets locked as well. TJ has spoken. The issue is over. There's always one person who ruins it for everybody else.

Very well said!

GET OVER YOURSELF AND MOVE ON!!
__________________
-Lauren-


"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape
 
Old 01-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
PZelda
Moderator
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3
 
PZelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 15, 2002
Location: I'm STILL missing NYC. :(
Posts: 78,000
Default

lol hehe
__________________
Cheers behind the couch!
 
Old 01-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
Hollow
Forum Celebrity
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 16, 2001
Posts: 30,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Really, like we're all stupid and don't know why this thread was made. Nice try though. Although I think the archive was a good idea, and I'm the one who asked TJ to do (so I get the credit, after TJ that is), it's for other reasons I'm glad. I actually wish things could have remained the way they were, and that ADULTS just bumped up threads here and there.

As it turned out, ridiculous threads were bumped up, out of boredom, and when asked to stop, pitched a fit, saying there was no rule about, rah, rah, rah. Now there's a rule and more. Monika and Ann bumped up the coolest threads, for all the right reasons. I'll miss that. There will be no fighting, ranting or raving, or this thread gets locked as well. TJ has spoken. The issue is over. There's always one person who ruins it for everybody else.
exactly. no one is going to re-enable the old threads for discussion just because one person is throwing a childish tantrum.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
Brian Damage
Moderator
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch
 
Brian Damage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 03, 2002
Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Posts: 62,202
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarC
Don't cha love me?


This coming from the gal who wants a goon to come back to SO.
__________________
The Key to the Kingdom of Heaven: John 3:3

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
 
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily
 
Janice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 35,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety pin
exactly. no one is going to re-enable the old threads for discussion just because one person is throwing a childish tantrum.
Yup, and proud of it, looking for credit. As if we couldn't read old threads before. Wow, an Archive aka threads you can read but can't post on. All those views too. There are 10 viewing the archives now, lol.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
so elektrikkxx
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 01, 2008
Posts: 554
Default

I don't see a reason for anyone to be throwing a tantrum over not being able to bump up old threads either. I find it hard to believe being able to bump up an old thread has much impact over anyone's life as a whole and if it does, then I just don't know anymore ...
 
Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #13
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon
 
LuLu Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 23, 2004
Location: The Hogwarts Dungeons
Posts: 11,000
Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers
Wink

 
Old 01-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
MonarC
Senior Member
The truth will set you free
 
MonarC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 05, 2002
Location: 3rd Stone From The Sun
Posts: 9,514
Default

I made this thread not to rant but to say I like the idea of the "Archives" section.

Although, If I could I would change it from an archive to a section of old threads that could be replied to. Like I said before you can see how many people like reading them and it would be nice to be able to go through the ones I have never gotten a change to read and reply to them. For some reason some people think that is so weird an a waste of time. That is just an opinion thou. Not everyone feels the way that you do.

Some members maybe afraid to speak up about their opinon for fear that they will be labeled or judged or even banned. I have have recieved messages from members who say they agree with me they just don't want to get caught up in the line of fire so to speak. So I know im not alone on this.

I can't change things and that is fine I am meerly stating my opinion.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #15
Hollow
Forum Celebrity
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 16, 2001
Posts: 30,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarC
I made this thread not to rant but to say I like the idea of the "Archives" section.

Although, If I could I would change it from an archive to a section of old threads that could be replied to. Like I said before you can see how many people like reading them and it would be nice to be able to go through the ones I have never gotten a change to read and reply to them. For some reason some people think that is so weird an a waste of time. That is just an opinion thou. Not everyone feels the way that you do.

Some members maybe afraid to speak up about their opinon for fear that they will be labeled or judged or even banned. I have have recieved messages from members who say they agree with me they just don't want to get caught up in the line of fire so to speak. So I know im not alone on this.

I can't change things and that is fine I am meerly stating my opinion.
what you failed to pick up from the last thread is that we're all aware that we want the old threads available for viewing, we just don't want them bumped back up. no one said that no one goes back and reads old threads. yesterday you slapped janice in the face with your attitude about not being allowed to bump old threads, and now you seem ready to give this site the nobel prize for disabling it. statements like "Just goes to show that a lot of people do like older threads" make your intentions clear.
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.