Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-30-2008, 04:42 PM   #1
lilhave

Default Cats & Dogs

Top 10 Dog & Cat Characteristics

10. Dogs come when you call them. Cats take a message and get back to you.

9. Dogs will let you give them a bath without taking out a contract on your life.

8. Dogs will bark to wake you up if the house is on fire. Cats will quietly sneak out the back door.

7. Dogs will bring you your slippers or the evening newspaper. Cats might bring you a dead mouse.

6. Dogs will play Frisbee with you all afternoon. Cats will take a three-hour nap.

5. Dogs will sit on the car seat next to you. Cats have to have their own private box or they will not go at all.

4. Dogs will greet you and lick your face when you come home from work. Cats will be mad that you went to work at all.

3. Dogs will sit, lie down, and heel on command. Cats will smirk and walk away.

2. Dogs will tilt their heads and listen whenever you talk. Cats will yawn and close their eyes.

1. Dogs will give you unconditional love forever. Cats will make you pay for every mistake you've ever made since the day you were born.

Harvey

http://www.freewebs.com/lilhave/index.htm
Old 12-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

cats are affectionate, cuddly, and lovable.
dogs tear up all your belongings and leave spit on everything.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM   #3
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

That list is pretty funny, even though I am a cat person.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 12-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
-STEFFY-
Forum Veteran

Cats are cleaner.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #5
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

Cute! And very true! lol!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #6
Ohio8

Send a message via AIM to Ohio8 Send a message via Yahoo to Ohio8

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety pin
cats are affectionate, cuddly, and lovable.
dogs tear up all your belongings and leave spit on everything.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #7
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

all of my cats come when you call them, and a few will even bring me their toy if I ask them to.

the cats all take care of their own bathing, every time I try to wash the dogs, I get the bath

my dogs bark at anything, the cats always let me know when there is something going on (although a bird outside the window is usually a top priority)

anything my dogs bring me is covered in far too much slobber to ever be useful again, the cats make sure that there aren't any mice in the house and I havent seen any live or dead ones.

my dog chases his ball but never brings it back to me, most of my cats are much better at playing fetch and when i am tired of it they will usually be fine playing by themselves.

anything the dog sits on is covered in fur or slobber, and the cats are usually better behaved in the car than the dogs are.

my dogs bark at me like crazy when i get home, the cats all line up to wait for their turn to greet me by the door.

my dogs refuse to lie down, usually wandering in front of the tv until I am ready to scream at them, the cats are usually pretty good about staying out of the way, but they are usually there when you need them

i swear the only words my dogs understand are "TREAT", "OUTSIDE", "BALL" and "DINNER", my cats will try to have a conversation with me; when i talk to them they usually answer.

dogs are loyal yes, but the only way they can show it is with slobber, kitties will snuggle you, lick you and knead on you with their little kitty paws.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #8
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyrob
all of my cats come when you call them, and a few will even bring me their toy if I ask them to.

the cats all take care of their own bathing, every time I try to wash the dogs, I get the bath

my dogs bark at anything, the cats always let me know when there is something going on (although a bird outside the window is usually a top priority)

anything my dogs bring me is covered in far too much slobber to ever be useful again, the cats make sure that there aren't any mice in the house and I havent seen any live or dead ones.

my dog chases his ball but never brings it back to me, most of my cats are much better at playing fetch and when i am tired of it they will usually be fine playing by themselves.

anything the dog sits on is covered in fur or slobber, and the cats are usually better behaved in the car than the dogs are.

my dogs bark at me like crazy when i get home, the cats all line up to wait for their turn to greet me by the door.

my dogs refuse to lie down, usually wandering in front of the tv until I am ready to scream at them, the cats are usually pretty good about staying out of the way, but they are usually there when you need them

i swear the only words my dogs understand are "TREAT", "OUTSIDE", "BALL" and "DINNER", my cats will try to have a conversation with me; when i talk to them they usually answer.

dogs are loyal yes, but the only way they can show it is with slobber, kitties will snuggle you, lick you and knead on you with their little kitty paws.

i'm sure the list wasn't meant to be totally serious, but i think the last item is the most fabricated. let's just say that as a child i routinely held rounds of "kitty olympics" that i forced my cat to participate in, and in the twelve years since then, this same cat has continued to show me more love and loyalty than any human ever has.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:44 AM   #9
phoebe7165
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Goddess

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety pin
and in the twelve years since then, this same cat has continued to show me more love and loyalty than any human ever has.

Amen to that, Sara!!

I'm always seeing this saying, either on a bumper sticker or a t-shirt that reads "The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!!"

Rescued animals make the best pets. Opt to Adopt!!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:49 AM   #10
imo
Frequent Poster
Legendary

clearly some people werent born with a sense of humor.

These traits are all true too. My cat use to bring my mom dead birds all the time. It was hilarious. We'd always accept them too, because we were afraid of offending him like a foreign delicacy or something.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:59 AM   #11
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by imo
clearly some people werent born with a sense of humor.

These traits are all true too. My cat use to bring my mom dead birds all the time. It was hilarious. We'd always accept them too, because we were afraid of offending him like a foreign delicacy or something.
I do have a sense of humor, and i wasn't trying to attack Harvey's list - I just think that cats get a bad rap far too often; cats can be every bit as loveable as dogs if you give them enough attention.

...and my cats really do all come when I call them and fetch and try to "talk"
Old 01-03-2009, 07:27 AM   #12
lilhave

The list wasn't designed to offend anyone but to offer a slight bit of humor.

I don't have any pets as my co-op doesn't allow them but friends of ours tell us. at least the ones with dogs, that when they arrive home, their dog is there, tag wagging, greeting them and ready to play. Cat owners say that better then half the time they are looking to find their cats.

Maybe I'm wrong but I feel that bonding is a important part of life. We all like to bond with someone, be it a wife or a friend. Your dog is always ready to take a walk with you, as a friend would. Cats never, being completely independent.

It's a matter of preference, though I feel most people like the feeling of being needed and a dog provides that. Cat's have a air of "who needs you"

Harvey
Old 01-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #13
Chocoholic
Banned!!
Forum Veteran
Banned

That is funny. I didn't take it seriously.

I love dogs, but I'm just not a fan of cats. I do love Garfield
Old 01-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #14
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

i've had six cats in my life, and their personalities have varied a bit. a few years ago i temporarily had one that definitely fit the characteristics on the list, as she literally lived under a bed and would attack anyone who tried to touch her. when i go away from home for a long time, my family tells me that my current cat goes into my room and meows over and over until they put her outside, and then she purs like crazy when i see her again.

again, i have a sense of humor and i thought the list was cute; just giving some input. i'm sure not all dogs are the same either. i think it may partly depend on the pet's upbringing.