Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-27-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
imo
Frequent Poster
Legendary

Default I immediately regret this decision...

So in the spirit of Christmas, I was doing some illegal downloading last night, and I came across a Trojan. And not the good kind of Trojan like the guys who hum in the contraceptive commercials... I'm talkin' viral issues. Well, I suppose condoms can pertain to viral issues as well... BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. Anywho... I got some great virus protection to deal with this, right? Wrong. I get this immediate blue screen that's like 'Prepared for Crash Dump" And I have no idea what that means. But I cooperate. However, I can't start it back up. I keep getting that screen. So eventually, I go into safe mode, and run a scan. It tells me my hard drive is clean. No infections. So I'm like, all right cool.... *Restarts* Same friggin blue screen. So I try safe mode one more time... and here's my new approach. System Restore. To a few days ago. It tells me I can't do that unless I scan my infected drive first. So I scan AGAIN... (at this point, I'm hitting hours of this), and it tells me NOTHING IS INFECTED. Now here comes the part I regret.

I let it do a full scan, and take a nap while doing so. When I wake up, everything seems kosher. So I restart... and i get the blue screen again. At this point, it's 9 AM... and I'm a tidbit perturbed. So in a typical raging testosterone-driven male fashion, I decide I'm gonna haul back, and punch it. Now, I've done this before, and never had issues with previous computers. But what happens here? I shatter the liquid inside my laptop screen, and now I got a big splotch of colors that prevents me from seeing anything.

I guess to make this therapy session more of a topic... Have you ever let your childish anger get the best of ya?

Old 12-27-2008, 01:38 AM   #2
Lee
veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imo
I guess to make this therapy session more of a topic... Have you ever let your childish anger get the best of ya?

I have at times when I have punched a wall or slammed a door in anger

Old 12-27-2008, 02:02 AM   #3
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Oh sure...I kick and throw things occasionally. I don't think I've broken anything though.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:06 AM   #4
imo
Frequent Poster
Legendary

I've broken my laptop, which in turn, has broken my heart

Old 12-27-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Oh yeah. You're only human, and it was a frustrating experience. It's just too bad you damaged something.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:34 AM   #6
littlebelle
Spell Caster

Send a message via AIM to littlebelle

I punched my friend's car door before when I was angry... not a smart idea.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #7
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

I threw a pair of headphones at my bedroom wall when the Indians lost the 1995 World Series...and of course, they broke. That's really the only time I can remember throwing anything out of anger.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013

Old 12-27-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage
Madderest

I've often let my anger get the best of me. It happens...

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet

Old 12-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
Doodyville10019
Forum Regular
Meet my new friend Sparkie!

Send a message via AIM to Doodyville10019 Send a message via Yahoo to Doodyville10019

AND SPEAKING OF LAPTOPS...

I had an Acer laptop that was a piece of crap. I had this huge problem with - I can't recall it now - but I got so angry and frustrated (this was my 8th call to customer service - the first 7 did not resolve my issue) I took it out on this poor customer service guy...of course, he hung up on me and I got so angry I threw the laptop all the way across our bedroom!

To this day I have NO idea how my husband fixed it, but he did - and now it's HIS!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #10
Big C
I Heart Angie Watson

I have torn apart hockey cards and broken hockey sticks whenever things go south for my Sabres.

I also have a bit of an anger issue- I can get really loud and volcanic, but not as bad as others.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

i've gone out and bought mirrors for the mere sake of breaking them when i'm depressed because it has an intriguing effect when i'm in that kind of mood, but i never break anything out of frustration or short impulse. once every few blue moons i may slam my hand down on a table but that's it. it's pretty weird, since everyone else in my house throws and breaks everything in sight when something goes wrong. it's a good thing i didn't inherit my dad's anger problem.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:46 PM   #12
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

I've thrown a plate & busted it when I was mad, but not lately. lol!
I'm afraid my son is going to get a virus downloading music to his mp3 player like you did imo.