Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #46
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Member
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 60,478
Default

Happy New Years...Let's see what has happened so far.

Power Surge on New Year's Eve messed up my computer.

All stores closed on New Years so I have to wait till Friday to take it in the shop.

My Dad gets the Flu on New Years so our family dinner is postponed.

Telephone broke...had to get me a new one.

And I couldn't even find any DAMN Egg Nog for New Years.

I'm ready for the next decade. This decade sucks.
__________________
Sonny
 
Old 01-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #47
littlebelle
Senior Member
Spell Caster
 
littlebelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 29, 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,654
Send a message via AIM to littlebelle
Default

...oh and Mac Books are way too expensive- it's taken me so long to save up for one, only two more weeks but it feels like forever.
 
Old 01-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #48
littlebelle
Senior Member
Spell Caster
 
littlebelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 29, 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,654
Send a message via AIM to littlebelle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan

And I couldn't even find any DAMN Egg Nog for New Years.

Yeah, most grocery stores discontinue egg nog the day of or a day after Christmas. At my store it was the day after Christmas.
 
Old 01-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #49
Brent88
Forum Veteran
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 01, 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 16,029
Madderest

I'm sick of living here. Not only is there absolutely nothing to do in this lame town but neither of my parents work and both are here all day and they argue and complain about everything, not to mention my 4-year-old brother who has been acting up. Thankfully I'm going back to college Tuesday for a few hours a day because it's about to drive me absolutely nuts. I'm going to try and find a job soon so I can start planning to move out. I've had it.

On top of that, my laptop adapter died back on December 17th. The next day I bought one of those Targus universal adapters at Wal-Mart(for $90) that comes with different tips for different brands(but only one for each), well, right before Midnight New Year's Eve one of the connector wires broke after TWO weeks. None of the others fit and I can't find any online, luckily my dad was able to use some wire he found to replace it but it's very fragile. I'm so irritated that it broke so soon especially since I spent so much on it.

and that brings me to my final point, why does pretty much every brand have a different connector. Gah.
__________________
Brent
 
Old 01-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #50
dawsongirl
Forum Legend
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 04, 2001
Posts: 52,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
I'm sick of living here. Not only is there absolutely nothing to do in this lame town but neither of my parents work and both are here all day and they argue and complain about everything, not to mention my 4-year-old brother who has been acting up. Thankfully I'm going back to college Tuesday for a few hours a day because it's about to drive me absolutely nuts. I'm going to try and find a job soon so I can start planning to move out. I've had it.

On top of that, my laptop adapter died back on December 17th. The next day I bought one of those Targus universal adapters at Wal-Mart(for $90) that comes with different tips for different brands(but only one for each), well, right before Midnight New Year's Eve one of the connector wires broke after TWO weeks. None of the others fit and I can't find any online, luckily my dad was able to use some wire he found to replace it but it's very fragile. I'm so irritated that it broke so soon especially since I spent so much on it.

and that brings me to my final point, why does pretty much every brand have a different connector. Gah.
My adaptor has a loose wire or something in it and half the time it won't connect. I had to buy one online somewhere for $60.
 
Old 01-04-2009, 01:50 AM   #51
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend
Member
 
*Pleasant Tomorrow*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 19, 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 69,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood Fan
I'm ready for the next decade. This decade sucks.
Ugh. Agreed.
__________________
my name is ashlee


"I can feel it - the turn of the Earth,
the ground beneath our feet
spinning at a thousand miles an hour.
And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun
at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it.
We're falling through space, you and me.
Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world
and if we let go..."

- The Doctor
 
Old 01-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #53
PunkyP0WER
Banned!!
WAKE UP & DREAM
 
PunkyP0WER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 23, 2008
Location: MACY*S on 34th St.
Posts: 1,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsongirl
My adaptor has a loose wire or something in it and half the time it won't connect. I had to buy one online somewhere for $60.
yep, same thing happened to my compaq about a month ago, my adapter shorted out had to buy one at staples for $125 and although it works its not the right size exactly so its very loosely in the ac hole and comes out easily. i had to put the battery in my laptop which i don't like doing as it makes it get hotter but had no choice cause the cord comes out so frequently it kept shutting my laptop completely off. can't wait to get my new dell! we got it off qvc but it won't be shipped until jan. 20

Last edited by PunkyP0WER : 01-04-2009 at 07:32 PM.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 01:19 AM   #54
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,229
Angry

Sorry, Allison, but I have a mini-rant about Target - at least the one by where I live. The lines are out of control, but there are a few people like me who only have a couple of items. Yet, the Express lanes are NEVER, EVER open - and I shop there quite often!!! GRRRR!!! I ended up going to the photo lab to get my items checked out because I didn't feel like waiting 10 years.
__________________
"Jesus loves you and He approves this message."

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
 
Old 01-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #55
MonarC
Senior Member
The truth will set you free
 
MonarC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 05, 2002
Location: 3rd Stone From The Sun
Posts: 9,514
Default

I ****in hate it when they lock a thread an you can't reply back!
 
Old 01-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #56
PZelda
Moderator
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3
 
PZelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 15, 2002
Location: I'm STILL missing NYC. :(
Posts: 78,001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Sorry, Allison, but I have a mini-rant about Target - at least the one by where I live. The lines are out of control, but there are a few people like me who only have a couple of items. Yet, the Express lanes are NEVER, EVER open - and I shop there quite often!!! GRRRR!!! I ended up going to the photo lab to get my items checked out because I didn't feel like waiting 10 years.
Totally understandable! It'd be cool if they had at least one self-checkout lane, but that would cause more problems I think.

The express lanes aren't open very often at mine, either - only in the mornings, it seems.
__________________
Cheers behind the couch!
 
Old 01-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #57
Hollow
Forum Celebrity
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 16, 2001
Posts: 30,232
Default

one of my online orders came today and all i got was a box of packaging material and a receipt.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #58
PZelda
Moderator
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3
 
PZelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 15, 2002
Location: I'm STILL missing NYC. :(
Posts: 78,001
Default

The on-screen tellers are a REAL BIG HELP when you have a goddamned severe hearing impairment, and no actual teller counter exists at the bank you go to. I know it speeds things up faster now, but what happened to OPTIONS?? Stupid.

Also, my mom could have put away her damn phone for ONE MINUTE when she was helping me out at the bank - all she was doing was TEXTING. Yeah, that's TOTALLY important. I had vibrate on my phone SHUT OFF so I could do my business faster. When she wants my help with something, I drop what I was doing because I know she wants help NOW, no questions asked. GRRRR.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 10:21 PM   #59
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Member
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 60,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarC
I ****in hate it when they lock a thread an you can't reply back!
So you started another thread so you can rant.
 
Old 01-06-2009, 11:54 PM   #60
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
Totally understandable! It'd be cool if they had at least one self-checkout lane, but that would cause more problems I think.

The express lanes aren't open very often at mine, either - only in the mornings, it seems.
What really ticked me off was that they FINALLY opened the Express lane - AS I WAS LEAVING!!!!
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.