Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #106
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ You are both loved!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013

Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #107
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMac
I'm also poor so I had to move fast.
I hear that.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #108
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

So lately I've been stressing about my magazine writing class because it's filled with seniors and juniors who know what they're doing, intern at all these places, blah blah...not to mention it'll consist of talking to people *shudder* something people with social anxiety don't do well.

ANYWAY...we had to write a fake query letter based on an article we read, and the professor read them anonymously in class. He read mine first, and these juniors and seniors...editor of the school paper, and some other really smart, know all communications girl, had such good things to say about what I wrote (one said I did something in my letter she wish should would have, but didn't). I was so pumped. There I've been sitting in that class feeling like an idiot, and these people are saying how good it was. I feel less dumb now. Yay.

"I can feel it - the turn of the Earth,
the ground beneath our feet
spinning at a thousand miles an hour.
And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun
at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it.
We're falling through space, you and me.
Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world
and if we let go..."

- The Doctor

Old 01-28-2009, 12:23 AM   #109
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ That's great news, Ashlee!! I know how hard speaking in front of others is, and it sounds like you did just fine. I'm proud of you.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #110
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pleasant Tomorrow*
So lately I've been stressing about my magazine writing class because it's filled with seniors and juniors who know what they're doing, intern at all these places, blah blah...not to mention it'll consist of talking to people *shudder* something people with social anxiety don't do well.

ANYWAY...we had to write a fake query letter based on an article we read, and the professor read them anonymously in class. He read mine first, and these juniors and seniors...editor of the school paper, and some other really smart, know all communications girl, had such good things to say about what I wrote (one said I did something in my letter she wish should would have, but didn't). I was so pumped. There I've been sitting in that class feeling like an idiot, and these people are saying how good it was. I feel less dumb now. Yay.
That's great Ashlee. You're very talented. This will certainly build your confidence, which will encourage you to try more often.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #111
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
^ You can say that again!

I had my white cell count tested and although it's low, it's not dangerously. I am still tired, but it's nice to know I still have some immune system working for me!

Also, when I got back from the hospital my phone was ringing and it was for a job interview tomorrow morning! Yahoo!

I sure need it too because my benefits run out this week. The timing would be absolutely perfect.
I'm glad to hear about your immune system. They do come in handy. I'm sure mine is shot to shyt, lol. How did your interview go? We need to phone chat this week. Sorry I didn't catch you over the weekend. I need to hear details, chick-a-dee.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 AM   #112
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety pin
thanks for all the comments, everyone.
And thank you for the beautiful thank you card, that brought tears to my eyes. You've matured into the warmest and wittiest young lady.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:01 AM   #113
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
I can go down a belt size altogether now.

A friend of mine is getting married in January of 2010, and I'm going to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. It makes me so happy when I think about how skinny I will be by then.
Yeah, it's nice to have a goal date, but from every picture I've seen of you, you never look like you need to lose weight. It's whatever makes you comfortable though.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:12 AM   #114
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Yeah, it's nice to have a goal date, but from every picture I've seen of you, you never look like you need to lose weight. It's whatever makes you comfortable though.
Oh, trust me, I need to. I've always been healthy medical-wise. I mean, I do get sick and all that, especially since I had mono in 2006. Having mono has messed up my immune system. Used to be I'd get over a cold in a few days, now it can take me up to a month to shake it completely. But otherwise, I have perfect BP and great cholesterol.

I went to Scheel's (regional sporting goods store found all over the Midwest) yesterday to find an one-piece swimsuit so I can take up swimming again. I had to read the sizing guides for Tyr and Speedo swimsuits. Both brands stopped at a size 40, but they had different pants sizes/swimsuit sizes that they stopped at. If you wear a size 13 or 14 in jeans, you'd need a size 40 Tyr swimsuit. It was 15/16 for a size 40 Speedo swimsuit. I tried on a size 40 Speedo suit, and couldn't get my legs through the suit, it was so tight! Tyr suits had resistance too, but was more forgiving.

In the end, I went with a size 38L(arge) Tyr swimsuit, which I guess makes me about a pants size 11/12 at this point.

I normally don't post a (mostly) full-body shot of myself online. If I do, I'm usually layered up or wearing a hoodie or whatever. But it definitely is obvious I have a fair amount of meat on me, so I shy away from wearing OMFGFORMFITTING clothing. However, with being a bridesmaid next year... Yep. I'm already FEELING good, but I want to also look super-duper awesome in what I know will be a form-fitting dress.

But, thank you!

Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #115
Chocoholic
Banned!!
Forum Veteran
Banned

The good: Another snow day!

The bad: One more day I have to work in June

The really awful: More freakin' snow!

But at least I got a day off today.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #116
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

Quote:
Can I be please be his SO Godmother?

Of course Auntie Janice!

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet

Old 01-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #117
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
I'm glad to hear about your immune system. They do come in handy. I'm sure mine is shot to shyt, lol. How did your interview go? We need to phone chat this week. Sorry I didn't catch you over the weekend. I need to hear details, chick-a-dee.
LOL - ya, it IS handy to have an immune system for sure!

np - we'll get a chance to catch up on the phone.

Interview went well - a long one and then near the end she discovers she's interviewing me for a different position than what I applied to! lol
Turns out it might be a better job, but they're not sure if they can meet my salary. She's going to speak to the VP today and let me know.

At least if this one doesn't pan out, it should start the ball rolling. Usually once I get a hit on a resume, it comes in 3s (luckily)!

I also owe you a MAJOR apology for missing your birthday. I'm so sorry - my head's been up my *$$ the past couple of weeks especially.

luvs ya!

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous

Old 01-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #118
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

I'm too lazy to quote lol, but thanks Janice and Monika.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:30 PM   #119
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
And thank you for the beautiful thank you card, that brought tears to my eyes. You've matured into the warmest and wittiest young lady.
thank you. and you're very welcome for the card.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #120
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pleasant Tomorrow*
I'm too lazy to quote lol, but thanks Janice and Monika.
You're very welcome!! Keep up the good work!!

Closed Thread