Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-20-2008, 02:58 PM   #31
Sharop
Andy Gibb aged 12

Location: Courthouse Square, Hill Valley, beside the clocktower, 10:04 p.m., November 12th 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu Rogers
I just don't.

By why, exactly?

I can understand the "world being overpopulated" argument, although I gave a solution in my previous post - combating it by changing our beliefs, as we create our own realities.

Surely as long as the family can afford to make sure their own children are healthy and well cared for, then it doesn't matter that they have so many? If their kids were ill and miserable then I'd agree that the parents shouldn't have had so many since they obviously couldn't handle the responsibility, but it seems to work for all of them.

Doc: Don't worry! As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88 miles per hour, the instant the lightning strikes the tower, everything will be fine!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:11 PM   #32
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharop
By why, exactly?

I can understand the "world being overpopulated" argument, although I gave a solution in my previous post - combating it by changing our beliefs, as we create our own realities.

Surely as long as the family can afford to make sure their own children are healthy and well cared for, then it doesn't matter that they have so many? If their kids were ill and miserable then I'd agree that the parents shouldn't have had so many since they obviously couldn't handle the responsibility, but it seems to work for all of them.

Like I said, they have the right to have as many kids as they want, I just don't agree with it for personal reasons.

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape

Old 12-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #33
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu Rogers
Like I said, they have the right to have as many kids as they want, I just don't agree with it for personal reasons.
I agree Lauren. I think it is strange myself.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #34
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

definitely unusual, but there's a difference between unusual and wrong. if it isn't burdening them or anyone else, i don't see any reason to condemn it.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #35
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety pin
definitely unusual, but there's a difference between unusual and wrong. if it isn't burdening them or anyone else, i don't see any reason to condemn it.

Agreed, I can't see any logical reason to condemn the Duggars. I'll save that for idiots like Casey Anthony who would rather party than care for her own child or the countless parents that leave their kids in hot cars each year or leave them in a bathtub to drown or the couples who aren't fit to have kids and use them as punching bags or worse.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #36
Sara Micelli

Send a message via AIM to Sara Micelli

My problem with the Duggars is that I think they're cult-like.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never,ever the same-source unknown.

"Suicide sometimes proceeds from cowardice, but not always; for cowardice sometimes prevents it; since as many live because they are afraid to die, as die because they are afraid to live"
-Charles Caleb Colton

Last edited by Sara Micelli : 12-21-2008 at 12:48 AM.

Old 12-20-2008, 09:40 PM   #37
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Micelli
My problem with the Duggars is that I think they're cult-like. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I just don't like them or agree with their lifestyle.

I don't like Casey Anthony but I have a far better reason for it.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:48 AM   #38
Sara Micelli

Send a message via AIM to Sara Micelli

I think believing someone is cult-like is an acceptable reason to dislike them. Please don't get me wrong, I don't wish them any harm, and I don't harbor any ill will towards them. But I still think I have a right to dislike them.

Casey Anthony is horrible, but I don't think she has anything to do with the Duggers.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:53 AM   #39
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
I think believing someone is cult-like is an acceptable reason to dislike them. Please don't get me wrong, I don't wish them any harm, and I don't harbor any ill will towards them. But I still think I have a right to dislike them.

Nobody said you didn't have that right, I personally can't see any reason to dislike them and as a matter of fact, I happen to admire them. When the Duggars show me a reason to dislike them then I may change my mind but until then I'll save my contempt for a certain beotch in Florida.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:11 AM   #40
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

Quote:
My problem with the Duggars is that I think they're cult-like.
I feel the same. They creep me out a little bit.

"I can feel it - the turn of the Earth,
the ground beneath our feet
spinning at a thousand miles an hour.
And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun
at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it.
We're falling through space, you and me.
Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world
and if we let go..."

- The Doctor

Old 12-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #41
Calatine9
Frequent Poster

I'll betcha they'll start their own musical group like the Jackson 5 and the Osmonds.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:49 PM   #42
Chocoholic
Banned!!
Forum Veteran
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatine9
I'll betcha they'll start their own musical group like the Jackson 5 and the Osmonds.

<shudders> Please don't put images like that in my head!

Old 12-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #43
Sharop
Andy Gibb aged 12

Location: Courthouse Square, Hill Valley, beside the clocktower, 10:04 p.m., November 12th 1955

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesneyLady
<shudders> Please don't put images like that in my head!

Donny Osmond's a lovely guy. Do you like him?

His music's not for everyone, but as a person, he's really nice.

The Jackson 5 were good too.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #44
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatine9
All Duggars over the age of 5 take music lessons. So they can form their own ensemble, no problem.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #45
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by PZelda
All Duggars over the age of 5 take music lessons. So they can form their own ensemble, no problem.
The 18 Duggar kids still haven't gotten past the Wolfgramm family, better known as The Jets. They had NINETEEN kids (17 naturally and 2 adopted)!! But they weren't all in the group at the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jets_(1980s_pop_band)

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013