Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-19-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Default Duggar Family Welcomes 18th Child

Link

ROGERS, Ark. An Arkansas woman has given birth to her 18th child.

Michelle Duggar delivered the baby girl by Caesarean section Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Rogers. The baby, named Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar, weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was 20 inches long.

"The ultimate Christmas gift from God," said Jim Bob Duggar, the father of the 18 children. "She's just absolutely beautiful, like her mom and her sisters."

The Duggars now have 10 sons and eight daughters.

Jim Bob Duggar said Michelle started having contractions Wednesday night. She needed the C-section, her third, because the baby was transverse. Jim Bob said both baby and mother were doing well Thursday night.

"We both would love to have more," he said.

The cable network TLC broadcasts a weekly show about the Duggars, called Seventeen and Counting. Chris Finnegan of TLC which handles public relations for the Duggar family said the show's name would be updated to account for the latest addition to the family. He said TLC also will air a show Monday on the baby's delivery. The Duggars have also had a book published recently.

Jim Bob Duggar is 43, a year older than his wife. Their oldest child, Joshua, is 20.

The other Duggar children, in between Joshua and Jordyn-Grace, are Jana, 18; John-David, 18; Jill, 17; Jessa, 16; Jinger, 14; Joseph, 13; Josiah, 12; Joy-Anna, 11; Jeremiah, 9; Jedidiah, 9; Jason, 8; James, 7; Justin, 6; Jackson, 4; Johannah, 3; and Jennifer, 1.

"Our whole family is excited about Jordyn's addition to our family," Jim Bob Duggar said. "She's just perfect in every way."

Old 12-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
sunshinefizzy

Welcome Jordyn!!! I feel happy for them.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #3
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Whatever they want to do is their business, but wow

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape

Old 12-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
Chocoholic
Banned!!
Forum Veteran
Banned

It's amazing that this family can care for so many children when so many people out there can't handle one or two kids. Too bad they couldn't have adopted Caylee Anthony.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #5
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu Rogers
Whatever they want to do is their business, but wow
You summed up my thoughts right there Lauren.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:58 PM   #6
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama1Maniac
You summed up my thoughts right there Lauren.

It's wonderful that these kids are well taken care of and everything, but personally, I just don't think it's right, I mean women weren't meant to have litters. I'll probably get a lot of flack for this, but it's just the way I feel.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

Welcome Jordyn

Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
It's wonderful that these kids are well taken care of and everything, but personally, I just don't think it's right, I mean women weren't meant to have litters. I'll probably get a lot of flack for this, but it's just the way I feel.

I agree with you. I don't think it is right either.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #9
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

A lot of people don't agree with their lifestyle (myself included). It's easy to have 18 kids when the mom isn't really in charge of them; after 6-8 months the baby is passed to one of the older kids who must feed the baby, plus help them with their schooling and other activities.

I do like the new baby's name though (Jordyn). It's a cute name IMO.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's

Old 12-19-2008, 04:48 PM   #10
Sharop
Andy Gibb aged 12

Location: Courthouse Square, Hill Valley, beside the clocktower, 10:04 p.m., November 12th 1955

Quote:
It's wonderful that these kids are well taken care of and everything, but personally, I just don't think it's right, I mean women weren't meant to have litters.

Could you clarify what you mean by saying that women weren't meant to have that many kids? Do you mean that the way women are built makes it dangerous or unhealthy to have that many children or something? I'm just not sure what you mean when you say "weren't meant."

Doc: Don't worry! As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88 miles per hour, the instant the lightning strikes the tower, everything will be fine!

Old 12-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #11
TJL
Forum Veteran
Suburbanite Extrordinaire

Now they can have home and visiting teams when they play softball!

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations

Old 12-19-2008, 05:54 PM   #12
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharop
Could you clarify what you mean by saying that women weren't meant to have that many kids? Do you mean that the way women are built makes it dangerous or unhealthy to have that many children or something? I'm just not sure what you mean when you say "weren't meant."

I don't know about dangerous, I personally just don't agree with it, but to each his own.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:59 PM   #13
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

3 c-sections means she shouldn't be having anymore that way. I thought the limit was 3. And I mean, if you have more babies, you can't guarantee it will be able to be delivered naturally.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoliUSA
A lot of people don't agree with their lifestyle (myself included). It's easy to have 18 kids when the mom isn't really in charge of them; after 6-8 months the baby is passed to one of the older kids who must feed the baby, plus help them with their schooling and other activities.
That's just odd and somehow wrong to me.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #15
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL
Now they can have home and visiting teams when they play softball!

The mere thought of bearing and raising just one kid (much less EIGHTEEN) is enough to give me nightmares!! As Lu said, to each his own.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013