Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Comedy Central Gets The Office; ABC Pairs Roseanne and The Middle in April
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #46
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

what I don't understand is why have no charges been filed if this incident happened on camera during the actual taping of the show? wouldn't it be fairly easy to rewind the tape and see what happened, pretty cut & dry?

Megan is one of the most coniving, lying, despicable characters out there and I wouldn't be suprised if there is more to this than what we've heard so far - and we won't know the whole story until the episode airs and the police decide whether to lay charges or not.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #47
MonarC
The truth will set you free

Question More info:

Is the LAPD investigation of Sharon Osbourne for real?

First there were insults. A glass of water was thrown. Then came scratching and hair-pulling. So says the Los Angeles Police Department, which is investigating an incident Sunday reportedly involving Sharon Osbourne and contestant Megan Hauserman during the taping of the reality show "Rock of Love: Charm School," airing on VH1. The show is all about teaching etiquette to rough edged rock 'n' roll wannabees.

LAPD officials said they are treating the matter as they would any other -- even though it involved activities on a reality TV show. But Loyola Law School professor Laurie Levenson questioned why they had to. Although it isn't OK to accost someone, Levenson said, opening a police investigation based on what takes place on the set of television reality show seems questionable.

"It sort of makes you shake your head," Levenson said. "What's next, calling the cops during TV wrestling matches?"

There is no evidence that the fight was designed to be a publicity stunt for the show. But Levenson noted that such programs relish being in the public eye. "The bottom line is that we have limited resources. Why are we using them for slapping on stage rather than shootings in the street?" Levenson said. "Get a security guard."

The winner of the competition gets $100,000, not to mention free publicity. Police would not officially confirm the identity of the alleged suspect or victim, a winner of the reality show "Beauty and the Geek" in 2007, but said an investigation is underway.

The British press, never one to exaggerate, described the altercation as "a brutal catfight." The motive for the attack allegedly was Hauserman's cutting remarks about Osbourne's husband, rocker Ozzie Osbourne, who she described as a "brain-dead rock star."

source: latimesblogs
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...there-wer.html

-----------------------

So it seems like they are trying to say this is all for ratings? Maybe it was planned out....
Old 12-20-2008, 12:23 AM   #48
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I love that commercial when nobody can understand Ozzy, so he types it out on his blackberry or what it is, lol.

As for Sharon, looks like she's been dipping into hubby's stash. Talk about white trash behavior. Fighting at her age. That whole family is off the wall.
Yeah, so much for Ozzy being Mr. Clean and Sober!! There's no other way to explain that family!
Old 12-20-2008, 01:12 AM   #49
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABlairican Pie
Yeah, so much for Ozzy being Mr. Clean and Sober!! There's no other way to explain that family!

Actually, a lot of his mumbling and stuff is brain damage done from all the past drugs. Sad but true.

I have to agree with Janice tho - the ad is cute and the guy doesn't take himself too seriously - that's what I do like about him.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 12-20-2008, 01:17 AM   #50
*Pleasant Tomorrow*
Forum Legend

I don't know why, but I have a special place in my heart for the Osbournes. They're insane, but I can't help it. Sue me. That being said, I bet the crazy ho deserved it and Sharon was just defending her man haha.

"I can feel it - the turn of the Earth,
the ground beneath our feet
spinning at a thousand miles an hour.
And the entire planet is hurtling around the sun
at 67,000 thousand miles an hour and I can feel it.
We're falling through space, you and me.
Clinging to the skin of this tiny little world
and if we let go..."

- The Doctor
Old 12-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #51
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.

$haron Osbourne is going to have to do a lot of defending of Ozzy as he gets older, because fewer people are going to take him seriously as his faculties wear down. That means more fights, brawls, and eggings. And that's really sad. Ozzy isn't really the musical icon that he used to be, and so he has to turned to Hollywood celebrity stardom to appear "relevant".

Very sad for a guy who not only helped invent metal nearly 40 years ago but became one of its most outstanding frontmen. Now the Ronald Reagan of Rock.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:09 AM   #52
MonarC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Pleasant Tomorrow*
I don't know why, but I have a special place in my heart for the Osbournes. They're insane, but I can't help it. Sue me. That being said, I bet the crazy ho deserved it and Sharon was just defending her man haha.

^^ I agree. There is just something about them that is so likeable. Maybe it's those delightful accents of theirs.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #53
Faith
Internet Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Faith Send a message via Yahoo to Faith

The Charm School Finale is supposed to air tomorrow night, but it sometimes runs in the morning too.. and the reunion is supposed to be aired on December 28th. I can't wait!!
Old 12-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #54
MonarC

Question

I wonder who wins?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #55
MonarC

Lol

Don't forget the Reunion show is tomorrow. I can't wait to see Megan get her hair pulled out.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:48 AM   #56
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Actually, the reunion show isn't until next week on sunday 1/4/09 before ROLBUS.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:19 PM   #57
MonarC

Lol

Yes, your right. Sorry about that folks.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #58
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Monarc, why are you trying to spread false rumors? Huh? What you doin' that for. You're just trying to stir up trouble and misleading people!

Don't be alarmed. THIS IS NOT THOMASE! This is TimmyZ once again, the troublesome alter ego of ThomasE. LOL.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #59
MonarC

Hu? I did what now?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #60
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonarC
Hu? I did what now?

The alter ego (TimmyZ) accused you of stirring up trouble but ThomasE knows you meant no harm.