Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites
ION Television Gets Festive for Holidays; USA Schedules Psych: The Movie

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default Happy Days - The Fourth Season DVD Review

Set in 1950s Milwaukee, this much-loved sitcom is TV Americana at its funniest. Join Richie (Ron Howard), "The Fonz" (Henry Winkler), Potsie (Anson Williams), Ralph (Donny Most), Joanie (Erin Moran) and the lovable Cunninghams (Tom Bosley and Marion Ross) for 25 (half-hour) classic episodes of family entertainment.

Watch as the Fonz reunites with his old flame Pinky Tuscadero in "Fonzie Loves Pinky," which also debuts Al Delvecchio as the new owner of Arnold's; see Potsie come to Fonzie's rescue in "Fonzie's Hero"; and witness the lucky shot that makes Richie a basketball hero in "A Shot in the Dark." Happy Days Season Four will keep the whole family rockin' and rollin' with laughter!

Read my review here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/happyda...dvdreview.html

Please post any questions or comments about this set.

I will say this is the best and most complete release since Season 1!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #2
bluthree
Forum Regular

Cool review. Glad to see that all the orginal music is there. And that the episodes are uncut. Cant wait to get my copy.
Yeah it would be nice if Paramount would include some special features. Like commentarys with some of the cast memembers? Owell atleast the episodes are uncut.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Thumbs up

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 12-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #4
studd911

cbs/paramount is brilliant todd pavan you guys are the best reviewers, i am so happy that cbs/paramount saw that light, i was very surprize that on the back of the dvd it did not say music has been changed for this entertainment version, bassed on the economy being messed up, cbs/aramount has done its job, i guess from here out on we do not have too send them any hate letters or complaints, they understand what the fans want, hopfully we will see more songs from the band that was cut in syndication, i love cbs/paramount now. Do yo think they not will re-do season 2 or will they leave it alone, to me they should especaially howthey messed it up, but season 4 i am happy that everything is intact. Hey Todd i wanted to asked you sothing concerning a couple os episodes of the band playing the songs, is potsie singing the song you'll never walk alone by gerry and the pacmakers, againi am glade that they addressed the isuess, hopfully we will see the rest of the series like that. I hope too see pics posted up from season 4 especially with fonze and pinky in the sunset riding there bikes as well as the pictures of the band performing which was cut in syndication.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
Billy K.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
cbs/paramount is brilliant todd pavan you guys are the best reviewers, i am so happy that cbs/paramount saw that light, i was very surprize that on the back of the dvd it did not say music has been changed for this entertainment version, bassed on the economy being messed up, cbs/aramount has done its job, i guess from here out on we do not have too send them any hate letters or complaints, they understand what the fans want, hopfully we will see more songs from the band that was cut in syndication, i love cbs/paramount now. Do yo think they not will re-do season 2 or will they leave it alone, to me they should especaially howthey messed it up, but season 4 i am happy that everything is intact. Hey Todd i wanted to asked you sothing concerning a couple os episodes of the band playing the songs, is potsie singing the song you'll never walk alone by gerry and the pacmakers, againi am glade that they addressed the isuess, hopfully we will see the rest of the series like that. I hope too see pics posted up from season 4 especially with fonze and pinky in the sunset riding there bikes as well as the pictures of the band performing which was cut in syndication.

I guess you've changed your mind about Paramount STUDD since Season 2's DVD release
Old 12-09-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
studd911

you bet i have, i hope too see some pictures up of the deleted scenes especially with fonzie and pinky riding there bikes in the sunset, is potsie and the band singing you'll never walk alone by gerry and the pacemakers

Last edited by studd911 : 12-09-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:41 AM   #7
Avilos
Frequent Poster

There have been a lot of changes at Paramount over the last few years. The people who supervised this set may be completely different than some of the early ones. Which is good for us!
Old 12-13-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
studd911

I am very happy that cbs/paramount finally saw the light and continued on with the original music and editing issues, i was shocked myself when i heard that on the back of the dvd ir did not say music has been changed for this entertaiment version, i hope to see the rest of the dvd like that as well. Does anybody think that cbs/paramount will try to redo happy days season 2 as a special editions since they droped the ball the first time. Since you all got the dvd could somebody please pose some pics up.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:28 PM   #9
studd911

I hope too see pics posted up from season 4 especially with fonze and pinky in the sunset riding there bikes as well as the pictures of the band performing which was cut in syndication.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:12 AM   #10
AB
Forum Celebrity
The Orville

Great review! I'm hoping to get the dvd for Christmas, I've certainly dropped enough hints. lol!
Old 12-14-2008, 08:55 AM   #11
Chocolate Moose

got it on my queue at blockbusfter; ;bet it'll be a year before i get it though !
Old 12-31-2008, 08:29 PM   #12
Waterston_Fan

Guys... there is no scene of Fonzie and Pinky riding their bikes in the sunset.

Watching it and I like it..

One question though, why haven't they done anything about how Al got the place?
Old 01-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #13
wayne

My version has the "sunset" scene. I like season 4 the best. It has some lost scenes that I haven't seen since the ABC days. We need season 5 now. Also Potsie sings "Deeply" which I have heard for the first time
Old 01-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #14
studd911

hey wayne since yopu have your on version of happy days question do you remember what songs are on season 5 and is the band doing allot of singing in season 5,6 7
Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #15
anglemark10
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
hey wayne since yopu have your on version of happy days question do you remember what songs are on season 5 and is the band doing allot of singing in season 5,6 7
I'm sorry, but is this ever going to end? Every other post from you on this entire board asks about music the band played in various seasons. If you haven't yet gotten the answers you've been looking for after years of asking, I don't think you're going to get them.