Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Simpsons Comes to FXX in Style; New Fox MOD Releases; Welcome Back, Kotter on DVD?
Stephen Colbert to Take Over Late Show on CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 14, 2014)
UP TV 2014 Upfront; TV Land Revives Candid Camera
The CW Schedules Sitcom This Summer from Online World; NBC's Comedy Playground Initiative: You Decide The Next Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #46
Mystery Man
Frequent Poster

*Please delete. Double post.*
Old 06-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #47
Mystery Man
Frequent Poster

Jared Dirickson seems like a nice guy. He seemed very devoted to his father.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:29 PM   #48
MissFit29
Forum Regular

Claire Schroeder (Officer Walter Schroeder's daughter from the Kathy Power segment) was extremely well-spoken and intelligent. She managed to convey a sense of empathy for the robbers while seeking justice for her father.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:17 PM   #49
RobinW
Forum Regular

Sheriff Jamie Adams in the Little Miss Panoffskee case. Too many cases on this show have remained unsolved because of inept, lazy or corrupt law enforcement, so it was refreshing to see a cop take such a passionate interest in an unsolved case from many years before. I especially found him endearing when he said: "Being a daddy and a granddaddy, I couldn't accept the fact that this young girl had a family somewhere who didn't know what happened to her".
Old 07-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #50
MegtheEgg86
We can build it together!

How about the radio intern that exposed the KROQ dee-jays' asinine and irresponsible murder confession hoax? To see someone just do the right thing because it's right is a great joy. He was quite humble during the interview and just seemed like a nice guy.

Ironic, though. Had Kevin Hughes lived, he would've done the same thing to Chuck Dixon's chart-fixing scheme at Cash Box.

Go Vols!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:36 AM   #51
Oooga Chucka
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen
My picks would be (In no particular order):

4) Neal Hall - Reporter for the Vancouver Sun on the Cindy James case. Okay maybe this choice makes me the odd man out but I really didn't have a problem with the guy. He makes a lot of valid points that point this case as being a non-homicide, which I’m inclined to believe.
(And for the record, I personally make a point to hide my Canadian accent – although it does slip oot, I mean.. out on occasion… especially if I’m tired or have been drinkin’.)

I liked Neal, too - he just came across as a laid back guy who had his own take on an emotionally charged case. Plus, the loosened tie is always fun to look at.

What about Jay Durham? This guy not only gets through an attempt on his life, but he has to hide on a dark interstate road while watching truckers look around for him. Talk about balls of steel. I was always disappointed that this case was never solved.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #52
RobinW
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oooga Chucka
What about Jay Durham? This guy not only gets through an attempt on his life, but he has to hide on a dark interstate road while watching truckers look around for him. Talk about balls of steel. I was always disappointed that this case was never solved.

Not to mention that he had to do this after discovering that his friggin' leg was missing!! I still don't know how he had the wherewithal to use his belt as a tourniquet for his severed leg, and keep himself hidden and quiet like that despite many indescribably painful injuries. The guy really deserved justice, but sadly, I knew this was one of those UM cases that didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting solved.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:02 PM   #53
greatgarrett2
Forum Regular

Clifford Sherwood's mother, Francis Sherwood I have respect for.

Just watched tis case tonight and felt bad for her all through it. She seemed down-to-earth and sensible and she wanted to do the right thing for her children. I've got to hand to her, being a rarity in the days when single mothers were few and far between and not talked about (1954). She has lots of courage.

It was especially sad at the end when she addressed Clifford personally saying something like, "Come home my boy, I love you."

I honestly ting 'Tex', the father had something to do with his diappearance because why wouldn't he talk about it and elaborate with his other children. Something fishy there...but that's just me.

"If we don't know something, then our model of reality is inadequate"

Start making money today:

http://tasks4job.com/?refer=55797

http://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Campbe...8662355&sr=8-5

Plus, follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/greatgarrett2
Old 08-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #54
McBevis
Forum Regular

Connie Young (Lee Young's wife). She wanted to believe that her husband was still alive, but was still firmly planted in reality enough to admit that he probably wasn't.

Katie Jelovic (Margie Jelovic's mother) It's always touching when she breaks down and cries for her missing daughter to come home.

Marsha Cook (Angela Hammond's mother) She too, knew that she would most likely never see her daughter again, so instead of not facing the truth, she tried to appeal to the guy by saying "if you'd just call us and let us know what you did with her, at least that would be some kind of closure."

Fred Lyle (the guy who helped Cathy Williams-Loving) Just a really, really nice, nice guy.

Paul Cornwall (Lisa Bishop's boyfriend) Even though everything was apparently not well in the relationship, he still cared enough to travel all over God-knows-where trying to find out everything he possibly could.

Tim Harrell. Resolved to find his mother (even facing the possibility of her being deceased) after finding out that what he apparently knew about her for all of his 50 years on Earth at the time was all lies.

Kevin Poulsen. Even though he was convicted of a fairly serious crime, you have to admire a guy who not only successfully puts all of that behind him, but ends up becoming really, really good at trapping online sex offenders.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #55
Orange_Sody_84
Frequent Poster

I can't remember the name of the case. but it was about a boy who was found near his family's woods. he used to hunt. and the cops believed it was just a hunting accident. his parents believe otherwise. they even found a bullet buried from where his body was found.

Anyway... I really liked the victim's mother. she was so quiet and sweet. she was also very smart. no offense to her but people would probably think she was a Hayseed because they lived on a farm. but she was just so... soft spoken and yet refined. the father seemed like a no nonesense type of guy too.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #56
Oooga Chucka
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Sody_84
I can't remember the name of the case. but it was about a boy who was found near his family's woods. he used to hunt. and the cops believed it was just a hunting accident. his parents believe otherwise. they even found a bullet buried from where his body was found.

Anyway... I really liked the victim's mother. she was so quiet and sweet. she was also very smart. no offense to her but people would probably think she was a Hayseed because they lived on a farm. but she was just so... soft spoken and yet refined. the father seemed like a no nonesense type of guy too.

This was the Norman Ladner case, I think. His mother did seem very nice. It was; however, pretty heartbreaking watching her interview, though. Very sad case.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #57
McBevis
Forum Regular

I forgot one of my very favorites.

Arthur Karopoulos. he was the guy who's son was abducted from San Francisco by his religious-fanatic mother. The dedication that this guy put into trying to bring his son back home is truly touching. He traveled all over the country, often sleeping in some pretty icky places, he spent hours following some of these religious fanatics all over New York City and eventually confronted them, and at one point in San Francisco, he even took the chance of being mistaken for a burglar by climbing the pipes on the back of the mother's former residence in an attempt to get into the place to look for any indication of where they might have gone. Fortunately, the case did have a happy ending.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #58
MegtheEgg86
We can build it together!

- Bob Matthews from the Missing Time segment. He seemed like just an all-around straightforward, earnest man.

- Christi Nichols' grandmother Violet.

- Not sure if I mentioned this one already or not, but Greg Adams' widow. I want to say her name was Molly. It's been a while since I've seen the segment. She seemed like a very resilient woman.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #59
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBevis
I forgot one of my very favorites.

Arthur Karopoulos. he was the guy who's son was abducted from San Francisco by his religious-fanatic mother. The dedication that this guy put into trying to bring his son back home is truly touching. He traveled all over the country, often sleeping in some pretty icky places, he spent hours following some of these religious fanatics all over New York City and eventually confronted them, and at one point in San Francisco, he even took the chance of being mistaken for a burglar by climbing the pipes on the back of the mother's former residence in an attempt to get into the place to look for any indication of where they might have gone. Fortunately, the case did have a happy ending.

One of my favorites as well! He was such a kind, resilient man determined to get his son back. I love the update!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #60
McBevis
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
- Bob Matthews from the Missing Time segment. He seemed like just an all-around straightforward, earnest man.

- Christi Nichols' grandmother Violet.

- Not sure if I mentioned this one already or not, but Greg Adams' widow. I want to say her name was Molly. It's been a while since I've seen the segment. She seemed like a very resilient woman.

Greg Adams' wife's name was Marianne. I must agree with you on this one. She did manage to stay remarkably calm during the interview, even when voicing her disdain for Donald Eugene Webb. I'm always kind of touched by the fact that she never breaks down and says anything "Donald Webb is a piece of scum" or "I'd like to dance on his grave" or anything like that, she just calmly says "I don't know how Donald Webb can live with himself after all these years." in such a sincere, lilting way that hopefully would make Webb or someone like him stop and ask themselves the same thing.