Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fall Premiere Dates for CBS; CBS and Viacom in Merger Talks Yet Again
Fri-Yay: Reaction to The Good Place Ending; Antenna TV Brings Back Webster, What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!!
New Chip 'n' Dale Coming to Disney+ in 2020; Inside the Actors Studio Moves to Ovation and Starts with Sitcom-Themed Show
TBS Celebrates Seinfeld's 30th Anniversary; Netflix Renews Russian Doll for Season 2
Netflix Series Adds Rising Star to New Series; Corporate Gets 3rd and Final Season
Comedy Central Schedules Lights Out with David Spade; NBC's The Good Place to End After Season 4
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 10, 2019)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default ION Television December 2008 -- Holiday Episodes and Movies

ION Television December 2008 --

Blog Story:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...ighlights.html

Regular schedule changes listed ONLY:

None

Here is the FULL regular schedule for December:
Mon-Thurs

3:00PM qubo on ION (Wed-Fri)
4:00PM M*A*S*H
4:30PM M*A*S*H
5:00PM The Steve Harvey Show
5:30PM The Steve Harvey Show
6:00PM Hangin' with Mr. Cooper
6:30PM Hangin' with Mr. Cooper
7:00PM Family Feud
7:30PM Family Feud
8:00PM Boston Legal
9:00PM NCIS (Mon-Tues); Boston Legal (Wed); Warner Total Theatre Thursday (Thurs)
10:00PM NCIS (Mon); Boston Legal (Tues-Wed); Warner Total Theatre Thursday/M*A*S*H (Thurs)

Fri-Sun
3:00PM qubo on ION (Fri)
4:00PM M*A*S*H (Fri)
4:30PM M*A*S*H (Fri)
5:00PM Warner Movie (Fri)
6:00PM Warner Movie cont. (Fri), M*A*S*H (Sat-Sun)
6:30PM Warner Movie cont. (Fri), M*A*S*H (Sat-Sun)
7:00PM RHI Entertainment
9:00PM RHI Entertainment

Movies, Stunts, Marathons

- Total Theatre Thursday
Thursdays at 9:00PM (or 8:00PM sometimes)

December 4 - 8-11p Clear and Present Danger (1994)
December 11 - 9-11p Christmas Town (2008)
December 18 - 9-11p The Christmas Clause (2008)
December 25 - 7-9p The Christmas Clause (2008) & 9-11p Christmas Town (2008)

Movies Encores:
Friday, December 5 - 5-7pm Terminator (1984)
Friday, December 12 - 5-7pm Christmas Town (2008)
Friday, December 19 - 5-7pm The Christmas Clause (2008)
Friday, December 26 - 5-7pm Terminator (1984)
Wednesday, December 31 - 9-11pm Terminator (1984)

- RHI on ION
December Programming:

Friday, December 5
7:00PM-9:00PM Prey of the Jaguar (1996)
9:00PM-11:00PM Bloodknot (1995)

Saturday, December 6
7:00PM-11:00PM Lonesome Dove Parts 1 and 2 (1989)

Sunday, December 7
7:00PM-11:00PM Lonesome Dove Parts 3 and 4 (1989)

Friday, December 12
7:00PM-9:00PM Grandpa for Christmas, A (2007)
9:00PM-11:00PM Silent Night (2002)

Saturday, December 13
7:00PM-11:00PM Hogfather (2007)

Sunday, December 14
7:00PM-11:00PM Pinocchio (2008)

Friday, December 19
7:00PM-9:00PM Night They Saved Christmas, The (1984)
9:00PM-11:00PM Christmas Town (2008)

Saturday, December 20
7:00PM-9:00PM Silent Night (2002)
9:00PM-11:00PM Grandpa for Christmas, A (2007)

Sunday, December 21
7:00PM-11:00PM In The Beginning (2000)

Friday, December 26
7:00PM-9:00PM Tidal Wave: No Escape (1997)
9:00PM-11:00PM Journey To The Center Of The Earth (2008)

Saturday, December 27
7:00PM-11:00PM Pinocchio (2008)

Sunday, December 28
7:00PM-11:00PM Magical Legend of the Leprechauns, The (1999)

-Christmas Programming
All month long

Hangin' with Mr. Cooper
Wednesday, December 17
6:00PM Miracle in Oaktown
6:30PM Santa's Got a Brand New Bag

Thursday, December 18
6:00PM Christmas Show
6:30PM Christmas '95

M*A*S*H
Saturday, December 20
6:00PM Dear Dad
6:30PM Dear Sis

Sunday, December 21
6:00PM Death Takes A Holiday
6:30PM 'Twas the Day after Christmas

Boston Legal
Monday, December 22
8:00PM The Nutcrackers

Wednesday, December 24
10:00PM Hired Guns

Holiday Movies
In addition to the RHI movies blocks above...
Christmas Week 4-6PM
Monday, December 22
4:00PM My Santa, My Dad (2008)

Tuesday, December 23
4:00PM Grandpa for Christmas, A (2007)

Wednesday, December 24
4:00PM Elf Who Didn't Believe, The (2008)

Thursday, December 25
4:00PM Silent Night (2002)

Time Life Holiday
Wednesday, December 24, 7-8PM
Wednesday, December 31, 7-8PM

Read the blog before you post. It will give much more insight than just the schedule, so please link this if you're posting elsewhere: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...ighlights.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan; 12-17-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...ighlights.html
Old 12-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

ION Television Celebrates the Holiday Season with the World Premieres of Two Heartwarming Original Films
"The Christmas Clause," Starring Lea Thompson, and "Christmas Town," starring Patrick Muldoon to Premiere in December

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Dec 02, 2008 -- 'Tis the season to cozy up to your TV set and catch up on your favorite traditional holiday films while curling up with some new ones. This month, ION Television, the "Positively Entertaining" general entertainment network, will broadcast the world premiere of two heartwarming holiday-themed original films. Boasting stars from both the large and small screens, The Christmas Clause will premiere on ION Television on December 18th at 9:00 p.m. ET, and Christmas Town will premiere December 11th at 9:00 p.m. ET.

The Christmas Clause, produced by Aro Entertainment and Cinamour Entertainment, stars Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City). This family film delves into the world of Sophie Kelly (Thompson), a top-rated lawyer with three kids and a husband that take up all her time. All of her family and work stress comes to a chaotic halt days before Christmas at the shopping mall when she sees Santa and wishes for a different life. However, the grass is not always greener as a single, successful lawyer with her own firm and the most eligible bachelor vying or her attention. Freedom has its price as she realizes the sweet life is not so sweet and must race against time to find the true meaning of family and love before Christmas Day.

Christmas Town, produced by Aro Entertainment, stars Nicole de Boer (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The Dead Zone) and Patrick Muldoon (Starship Troopers, Stigmata, Melrose Place). This film follows Liza McCann (de Boer), a cynical young reporter and single mom, and her eight-year-old son, as they visit her father, a stuffy ex-banker living in a small town in Central California known as "America's Christmas Town." At the edge of town, a mysterious warehouse sits behind gates. While Liza reunites with her father and unexpectedly meets Kevin (Muldoon), the cute, laid back local cafe owner who believes in the magic of Christmas, her son sees the spirit first-hand as he sneaks over to the warehouse and spies what he believes to be elves, a sleigh, reindeer and even Santa Claus. In the end, Liza learns how to believe again - not just in Christmas, but in the possibility of love.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

New Adaptation of the Timeless Classic Pinocchio to Make U.S. Debut on ION Television
Original Miniseries from RHI Entertainment, Starring Golden Globe Winner Bob Hoskins, to Air Sunday, December 14th

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Dec 02, 2008 -- ION Television, the "Positively Entertaining" general entertainment network available to over 94 million homes, and RHI Entertainment, the leader in the production and distribution of groundbreaking movies, miniseries and series for television, today announced the U.S. debut of Pinocchio, a four-hour original production making its television premiere on ION Television on Sunday, December 14 at 7:00 p.m. ET. The miniseries will be broadcast in its entirety in one evening.

Starring Golden Globe winner Bob Hoskins (Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Hook) as Geppetto and Robbie Kay (My Boy Jack, Hannibal Rising) as Pinocchio, the new film is the definitive adaptation of the beloved masterpiece about a boy who learns how to be a son and a man who learns how to be a father.

Set among the beautiful vistas of 19th Century Tuscany, Pinocchio is the tale of a young boy brought into the world by magic and utterly unprepared for what his new life throws at him. On this voyage of self-discovery, Pinocchio invites danger at every turn, much to the heartbreak of Geppetto, the father who created him from wood. Pinocchio's misadventures find him hunted by villains, whisked away to the temptations of the Land of Toys, transformed into a donkey, placed center stage at a traveling circus and swallowed by a giant shark. Plagued by shame, regret and the ever-present possibility of further corruption, Pinocchio's only chance at redemption and happiness is to find his way back to Geppetto.

"Big stars, high production values and original, event programming are making ION Television synonymous with destination television," said Eleo Hensleigh, Chief Marketing Officer, ION Media Networks. "Pinocchio is another ION major miniseries that will grab and hold audiences."

"Pinocchio is quite simply one of the greatest stories ever told and is emblematic of the kind of programming in which RHI excels," said Robert Halmi Jr., President and CEO of RHI Entertainment. "This beautiful and heart-rending adaptation of this timeless fairy tale will delight and move audiences of all ages. It is truly Pinocchio the way it was meant to be told."

Pinocchio was filmed entirely on location in Rome and Tuscany. The film is directed by Alberto Sironi and is based on the fairy tale classic by Carlo Collodi. RHI's Robert Halmi Jr. served as an executive producer on the project.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Does anyone else think that ION will re-up with RHI when it is time to renew the contract?
Jude The Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:12 PM   #5
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude The Obscure
Does anyone else think that ION will re-up with RHI when it is time to renew the contract?
Not at all - I think RHI is what's pulling down the ratings, especially when the movies are being repeated for the 5th and 6th times. The Warner movies will likely replace it - those seem to do pretty well.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:54 AM   #6
Jude The Obscure
Retired

I hope that is true Julie.......I'm not saying everything from RHI is bad, but they have received a lot of airplay already on Hallmark.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #7
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude The Obscure
I hope that is true Julie.......I'm not saying everything from RHI is bad, but they have received a lot of airplay already on Hallmark.
I can't wait to see RHI go - it's run its course on ION, and even creatively, I think RHI is getting old. I'd love to see sitcoms fill the gap if it does go, but it will most likely go to the Warner movies (maybe Thursday movie will be gone if it does happen that way).
Old 12-06-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Well, they could also access those Paramount/Sony/Universal libraries they supposeldy have access to as well.....those can't do any worse that what they have showing now, esp RHI programming.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

ION is slowly going up and up. Last week (Nov. 24-30), ION Television averaged 730,000 viewers in primetime and a 0.5/1 HH/share.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:18 PM   #10
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
ION is slowly going up and up. Last week (Nov. 24-30), ION Television averaged 730,000 viewers in primetime and a 0.5/1 HH/share.
That's actually pretty good. I think the Thursday movies are doing really well for them - and, it seems like Boston Legal/NCIS is also holding its own in primetime. Still, it should be better than this - at least a million viewers weekly it should be getting.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Holiday viewership may be helping too.......I know people are seeking out other things than what the Big nets are showing at this time of year. NCIS is surging in popularity at CBS, maybe the spillover is starting to carry over to ION's reruns.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #12
bettygunn
Occasional Poster

I'm glad to see ION's ratings are rising!!! As a fan of Boston Legal I was happy they brought it on board. I think its also helping that the movie offerings are slowly getting better and It will also help that their one of the only OTA networks to show many Christmas Movies and Programs this holiday season!!!

Yes they only have three sitcoms right now but if I want I can see them because one of the advantages to ION is its avaliable almost everywhere!!! Believe me whether you like ION's current offerings or not everybody should hope for its survival because where I live they replace out going stations with non english networks not better programming.

Yes we all hope for more classic sitcoms shows and movies but as long as RTN, This, .2, Variety and other classic digital stations out there refuse to be in mass areas well there basically useless to the vast majority of people cause there is no option to see them.

Finally another Plus to ION is with Qubo, ION Life and Worship even though they show many repeats I have actually watched a show or two on each something I would also lose if ION fell. So here's to hoping ION's ratings continue to rise!!!!!
bettygunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #13
Du Mont
Forum Regular

Default ION Ratings Continue to Strengthen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Something is definitely jelling with the new line-up. Last week (Dec.1-7), ION went up again:

Week 11: 0.5HH/1%, 790,000 viewers, 0.2 A18-49 (240,000), 550,000 non-demo viewers
Season Avg.: 0.4HH/1%, 580,000 viewers, 0.1 A18-49 (190,000), 390,000 non-demo viewers
Du Mont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:38 PM   #14
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

This is for January, but ION January has not been released yet. Here is a new RHI film press release:

ION TELEVISION TO LAUNCH U.S. PREMIERE OF THE DIPLOMAT,
AN ORIGINAL MINISERIES, ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 24 AT 7:00 PM, ET

New Production from RHI Entertainment Stars Dougray Scott In Supercharged

Spy-Thriller of International Intrigue and Rogue Nuclear Weapons

(West Palm Beach , Fla. and New York , N.Y.) – ION Television, the “Positively Entertaining” general entertainment network available to over 94 million homes, today announced the U.S. debut of The Diplomat, a four-hour original production making its television premiere on ION Television on Saturday, January 24 at 7:00 p.m. ET. Produced by RHI Entertainment, the leader in the production and distribution of groundbreaking movies, miniseries and series for television, the miniseries will be broadcast in its entirety in one evening.

Inspired by actual incidents, including the 1997 theft of five Soviet built nuclear “suitcase bombs,” The Diplomat stars Dougray Scott (Desperate Housewives, Mission Impossible II, RHI’s Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde) as Ian Porter, a disillusioned British diplomat haunted by personal tragedy, who is believed to be doing business with a Russian arms and drugs trafficker. When he refuses to cooperate with Scotland Yard, suspicions mount and Porter must try to complete his secret mission before warring intelligence agencies and incompetent police forces cause irreparable damage to worldwide security.

“Ian Porter is a character who has found himself on a downward spiral physically and mentally,” says Dougray Scott. “He is trying in some way to make sense of his life which has become dark and without optimism. So he’s become a very selfless human being without much regard for himself. It's really about him trying to atone for the sin of neglect of his son and ultimately how self sacrifice may alleviate his pain.”

Set in present day Sydney , Tajikistan and London , The Diplomat is a Screentime Production for UKTV. It is produced and directed by Peter Andrikidis. The producer is Greg Haddrick, who also developed the concept. Power’s Justin Bodle, Screentime’s Des Monaghan and UKTV’s Brendan Dahill are executive producers. RHI’s Robert Halmi Jr. also serves as executive producer on the project.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:44 PM   #15
JulieSomoski

Looks like NCIS and Boston Legal are hitting big for them.