Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #91
Reverend Jim
Forum Regular

This is going back a while, yet I remember that David Janssen, former star of the long-running "The Fugitive" television series, had done a movie alongside John Wayne. That film, "The Green Berets" (Warner Bros., 1968), had been a project that Janssen himself confessed he had no fondness for. David Janssen had generally professed a hatred of war films. He made it clear that "The Green Berets" was certainly no exception to this rule.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #92
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
What they actually put on KISSology II is Attack Of The Phantoms, a different edit that was released to theaters in Europe and Australia. There are a couple of scenes in Attack that aren't in the US TV movie and they replaced the background score music from the TV movie with songs from the solo albums.

So, KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park remains officially unissued on DVD to this day. I thought that maybe they'd release it last year for the 30th anniversary, but no dice.

Oh crap, you're right. I didn't realize it was a different version. I wonder why KISS decided to release this version.

Sometime down the road I'll re-watch Attack and my bootleg of Phantom to see exactly how they are different.

Actually, Phantom of the Park was very briefly released on DVD but KISS issued a cease-and-desist order demanding it discontinue. Those DVDs are rare.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #93
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Ironically, KISS was offered the chance to play the Future Villain Band in Sgt. Pepper and turned it down flat. They were replaced by Aerosmith. So I guess 1978 could've been a lot worse for KISS.

Really? I never heard about that. And if there was anyone who'd know something KISS-related, it would be me. I haven't spent 32 years in the KISS Army for nothing, missy!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:14 PM   #94
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Oh crap, you're right. I didn't realize it was a different version. I wonder why KISS decided to release this version.

Sometime down the road I'll re-watch Attack and my bootleg of Phantom to see exactly how they are different.

Actually, Phantom of the Park was very briefly released on DVD but KISS issued a cease-and-desist order demanding it discontinue. Those DVDs are rare.

I did get one. It's on a par quality wise with the bootleg DVD I had. I suspect they were sourced from laserdiscs.

There's some kind of a rights dispute over the TV movie. Gene Simmons has said that he tried to buy the rights so KISS could release it, but no one seemed to know who had ownership of it.

Maybe the theatrical version had a different distributor or they were able to license that easier. I don't know.

I would love to see an official DVD with better picture quality and sound and maybe a "making of" documentary. It's so bad it's good and it deserves the deluxe treatment. The version on KISSology looks and sounds great and I guess it will have to do for now.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #95
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
Really? I never heard about that. And if there was anyone who'd know something KISS-related, it would be me. I haven't spent 32 years in the KISS Army for nothing, missy!

I've read that several places on the Internet. Not sure how true it is, but it would've been interesting to see!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 06-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #96
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Director Guillermo del Toro has disowned his 1997 film Mimic.

Bob Weinstein was said to have frequented the set of the film making demands for what should be shot; not allowing del Toro to have creative control of what he wanted to do.

Del Toro has since never worked with the Weinstein's and said that he wasn't happy at all with how the film was released.
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #97
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

How about all those directors who have used the "Alan Smithee" alias??
Old 06-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #98
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
Beverely Hills Ninja was my least favorite Chris Farley movie. I think it could be out on DVD.
it is
Old 06-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #99
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives

Send a message via AIM to Liza

Quote:
How about all those directors who have used the "Alan Smithee" alias??

Probably most noticably Arthur Hiller in "Alan Smithee: Burn Hollywood Burn."

Also the director of "American History X" hated the final cut. He wanted the Smithee credit, but couldn't get it.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:59 PM   #100
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza

Also the director of "American History X" hated the final cut. He wanted the Smithee credit, but couldn't get it.
How many movies out there were directed by "Alan Smithee", anyway??
Old 06-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #101
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
How many movies out there were directed by "Alan Smithee", anyway??

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000647/
Old 06-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #102
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Thanks!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #103
browneyes106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza

I remember reading somewhere that Edward Norton was credited as director for awhile.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #104
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives

Send a message via AIM to Liza

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
I remember reading somewhere that Edward Norton was credited as director for awhile.

Wouldn't surprise me. Norton got to have his own cut - one of the reasons the director was so ticked. Can't really blame him on that.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #105
browneyes106

Michael Vartan said in the recent issue of Entertainment Weekly that he wants to apopolgize for being in the 2000 movie The Next Best Thing. Vartan said,

"I want to apologize to all of you who had the misfortune of seeing me in this romantic comedy. I played Madonna's bad boyfriend. You've got to be a pretty bad boyfriend if not only does your girl leave you, she leaves you for a gay man. I was cast as a rap producer, and there is a scene that makes me want to stick needles in my eyes. I'm in the studio, producing a rap track and you see me as an idiot saying, 'Yo, more bass! More bass! and I'm smacking the fictious ass in the sky. It's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever done. I don't know what movie tickets cost at the time, but if there were $7, I owe you all a refund."

Last edited by browneyes106 : 06-21-2009 at 03:55 PM.