Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #76
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Just read it.

In seriousness the features and commentaries made buying the three-disc imperial set well worth it.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:15 PM   #77
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives

Send a message via AIM to Liza

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
In seriousness the features and commentaries made buying the three-disc imperial set well worth it.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:15 PM   #78
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

The original members of KISS all hate their 1978 television movie special KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park.

During the time of its release KISS were displeased with how the film made them look and the poor production quality of it that they preferred those that worked with them not talk about the movie at all.

Gene Simmons has stated that the movie is a classic movie if you are on drugs and joked that it will make a great double feature with Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Ace Frehley called it the funniest sh*t he has ever seen.

Peter Criss did not like filming it at all that he refused to do voice over recording sessions, not wanting to waste more time on it, and the result was that his voice was dubbed over in the film.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2009, 11:28 PM   #79
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

I've read several articles that indicate that Gillian Anderson was very unhappy during much of "The X-Files". I guess that's not in the same category as "hating her work"; she never disparaged the show per se, but still, the fact that she disliked working on it really colors my viewing of it now.

Actors certainly aren't obligated to like everything they do just to please their fans, but in this age of unlimited information I often wonder if sometimes we all wouldn't be better off NOT knowing some things.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #80
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
The original members of KISS all hate their 1978 television movie special KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park.

During the time of its release KISS were displeased with how the film made them look and the poor production quality of it that they preferred those that worked with them not talk about the movie at all.

Gene Simmons has stated that the movie is a classic movie if you are on drugs and joked that it will make a great double feature with Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Ace Frehley called it the funniest sh*t he has ever seen.

Peter Criss did not like filming it at all that he refused to do voice over recording sessions, not wanting to waste more time on it, and the result was that his voice was dubbed over in the film.

I'm a lifelong KISS fan and I love the movie in a "so bad it's good" way. Part of the fun of watching it now is picking apart the poor acting, cheap special effects and the storyline.

I'm sure when I was 12 years old and watched it on its network premiere that I thought it was great. But time and age have given me the proper perspective on it.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #81
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
I'm a lifelong KISS fan and I love the movie in a "so bad it's good" way. Part of the fun of watching it now is picking apart the poor acting, cheap special effects and the storyline.

I'm sure when I was 12 years old and watched it on its network premiere that I thought it was great. But time and age have given me the proper perspective on it.

Much to KISS' dismay Phantom of the Park got a lot of views on its airing; it was actually one of the highest rated television movies at the time. I think they wanted this movie to disappear and hoped hardly anyone tuned in after they had viewed it.

I also find it funny that this aired around the time of the ill-fated Star Wars Holiday Special tv-movie. 1978 seemed to be the year of cheese.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #82
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Much to KISS' dismay Phantom of the Park got a lot of views on its airing; it was actually one of the highest rated television movies at the time. I think they wanted this movie to disappear and hoped hardly anyone tuned in after they had viewed it.

I also find it funny that this aired around the time of the ill-fated Star Wars Holiday Special tv-movie. 1978 seemed to be the year of cheese.
Definitely. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Thank God It's Friday also came out in 1978.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 06-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #83
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:

KISS was at the peak of their popularity in 1978 and I was their target audience. It worked. I was glued to the set.

I remember going out for dinner with my Father that night (Saturday) and insisting we had to be back by 8 PM so I could see the KISS movie.

This was pre-cable, pre-VCR, so if you missed it, that was it! I don't even think the movie was rerun for several years. Wonder why.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #84
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Definitely. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Thank God It's Friday also came out in 1978.

Yeah, what kind of a person would actually go see Sgt. Pepper's in a theater?

Old 06-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #85
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
KISS was at the peak of their popularity in 1978 and I was their target audience. It worked. I was glued to the set.

I remember going out for dinner with my Father that night (Saturday) and insisting we had to be back by 8 PM so I could see the KISS movie.

This was pre-cable, pre-VCR, so if you missed it, that was it! I don't even think the movie was rerun for several years. Wonder why.

I'm actually glad that KISS finally gave in to the demand of the fans and decided to release Phantom of the Park. You can find it on the KISSology Vol. II DVD set as a feature. It had a VHS release years ago but after that it hasn't been released for years and it was a hot bootleg item.

BTW, did you manage to catch that Star Wars Holiday Special movie since this aired within a month of the KISS special? That hasn't been released at all since the original airing.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:34 PM   #86
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:

ugh...

However not everything that came from 1978 was bad...
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #87
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Yeah, what kind of a person would actually go see Sgt. Pepper's in a theater?

Not me...I wasn't even born yet!!
Old 06-03-2009, 08:48 AM   #88
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
He actually bought it, Emily!! You've got to be so disappointed.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #89
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
I'm actually glad that KISS finally gave in to the demand of the fans and decided to release Phantom of the Park. You can find it on the KISSology Vol. II DVD set as a feature.

What they actually put on KISSology II is Attack Of The Phantoms, a different edit that was released to theaters in Europe and Australia. There are a couple of scenes in Attack that aren't in the US TV movie and they replaced the background score music from the TV movie with songs from the solo albums.

So, KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park remains officially unissued on DVD to this day. I thought that maybe they'd release it last year for the 30th anniversary, but no dice.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #90
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Ironically, KISS was offered the chance to play the Future Villain Band in Sgt. Pepper and turned it down flat. They were replaced by Aerosmith. So I guess 1978 could've been a lot worse for KISS.