Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller
Disney Picks Up 2nd Season of Raven Sitcom; Family Matters Cast Reunites

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #61
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
LOL about Grease 2, good.

Gene Simmons admitted that the 80s was a bad time for KISS. That's also around the time when Gene tried to break out into acting; starring in Tom Selleck's Runaway and Wanted Dead or Alive to name a few...

The '80s may have been a bad time for KISS, but they were even worse if you watched Gene Simmons try to act in a movie. Gene, stick to sticking your tongue out, please...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #62
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
The '80s may have been a bad time for KISS, but they were even worse if you watched Gene Simmons try to act in a movie. Gene, stick to sticking your tongue out, please...

Yeah, Gene admitted that he didn't put his heart and soul into KISS during the 80s when he tried to break out into films. The constant line-up changes and the string of previous bad albums were not a good time for KISS back then.

I only a saw a few of Gene's films such as Tom Selleck's Runaway and Wanted Dead or Alive. I also saw his 3 episode stint on Third Watch.

I think Gene is good maybe for short minor characters or cameo spots in acting but, let's face it, he's no leading man.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #63
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives

Send a message via AIM to Liza

Quote:
People have to start somewhere right? Very few are lucky to start off with well-received blockbusters.

Oh I totally agree - don't misunderstand me - I loved that movie as a kid! I think I saw it in the theater 3 times. I just think it's funny that this tiny, little, almost-completely-forgotten Disney movie had two future megastars. I still watch it, just to enjoy the one and only time that Thomas Ian Nicholas will ever get billed above Kate Winslet. I thought Daniel Craig was adorable in it, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out he's embarrassed by it. Look at his hair!

Name:  craig.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  19.3 KB
Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #64
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
Oh I totally agree - don't misunderstand me - I loved that movie as a kid! I think I saw it in the theater 3 times. I just think it's funny that this tiny, little, almost-completely-forgotten Disney movie had two future megastars. I still watch it, just to enjoy the one and only time that Thomas Ian Nicholas will ever get billed above Kate Winslet. I thought Daniel Craig was adorable in it, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out he's embarrassed by it. Look at his hair!

I didn't misunderstand anything. My dad took me to see this back when it came out and I didn't get into this one.

This is supposed to be a retooling of Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court right?

Oh yeah and pure lolz about Thomas Ian Nicholas
Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 PM   #65
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives

Send a message via AIM to Liza

Quote:
I didn't misunderstand anything. My dad took me to see this back when it came out and I didn't get into this one.

This is supposed to be a retooling of Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court right?

Oh yeah and pure lolz about Thomas Ian Nicholas

Yeah, very loosley based on Twain's novel. (For the record, the book is the only one by Mark Twain that I couldn't get into. Great premise - but it couldn't keep my attention).

I'm not calling this a great film, not at all - but I loved it as a kid. That's the only reason I remember it. And when Daniel Craig first landed the role of James Bond - how many people (besides me) went "Master Kane???"
Old 05-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #66
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

The cast and fans of Star Wars either have a love-hate relationship or downright hatred for the 1978 television movie The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Though he had little involvement in its making (he allowed the special to be created with his characters) George Lucas says it was a mistake. He mentioned that if he had the time and a sledgehammer he would go around smashing every available copy of it.

Harrison Ford mentioned that he doesn't remember much about it and in his mind "it doesn't exist".

Other cast members hardly mention anything about it so it's pretty much understood nobody looks to fondly on this project.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #67
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

After viewing it for the first time Chris Farley hated Beverly Hills Ninja (1997).

He felt that it dumbed down his physical humor skills to a tiring and foolish degree.

*His agent mentioned this on an A&E biography on him after he had passed away. Farley might not have mentioned he hated it in public but I mentioned it since it's within public knowledge that he didn't look to fondly on this project.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #68
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
After viewing it for the first time Chris Farley hated Beverly Hills Ninja (1997).

He felt that it dumbed down his physical humor skills to a tiring and foolish degree.

*His agent mentioned this on an A&E biography on him after he had passed away. Farley might not have mentioned he hated it in public but I mentioned it since it's within public knowledge that he didn't look to fondly on this project.

From what I've read, I think Farley himself was getting tired of being "the funny fat guy who falls down a lot." Of course, he'd built his reputation on slapstick, so it was a dual-edged sword.

Chris Farley was a talented guy. Sadly, like many great comedic actors, he had his demons and ultimately, they overtook him.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #69
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
From what I've read, I think Farley himself was getting tired of being "the funny fat guy who falls down a lot." Of course, he'd built his reputation on slapstick, so it was a dual-edged sword.

Chris Farley was a talented guy. Sadly, like many great comedic actors, he had his demons and ultimately, they overtook him.

I watched this movie all the time back when it first came out. I saw it in the theater for a friend's birthday party. I ruined my VHS copy from watching it over and over.

I haven't seen this movie in years; I wonder if it's still in print. I still remember the cast; it had Sheridan from Desperate Housewives, Chris Rock, the guy from the Mortal Kombat films, and Will Sasso in a small role.

I think very few guys can pull off stupid humor and make it look funny. Chris Farley did it with this movie. I enjoyed it. Maybe now it's for the nostalgia factor but I liked this one.

Yeah, it was a shame about Farley's early death. I think he was actually the first celebrity death I had read about on AOL news back when we first got the internet.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:22 PM   #70
browneyes106

Beverely Hills Ninja was my least favorite Chris Farley movie. I think it could be out on DVD.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:04 AM   #71
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

So, JamesG, did you finally watch Caligula??

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #72
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
So, JamesG, did you finally watch Caligula??

Yeah, I mentioned it in the "last movie you watched" thread.

I loved it. Pure garbagefest.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #73
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Yeah, I mentioned it in the "last movie you watched" thread.

I loved it. Pure garbagefest.
I'll have to read your review.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #74
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I'll have to read your review.

I didn't say much. All I said was that it was over-the-top and a pure garbage fest.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:18 AM   #75
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
I didn't say much. All I said was that it was over-the-top and a pure garbage fest.
Just read it.