Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 18, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #16
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Default Actually...

Does anyone know how Berry thought Catwoman was? It is regarded as one of the worst films ever and she accepted the Razzie Award for it in person.

Does she actually agree that "it sucks"?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #17
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL
I take it Charlize never saw Aeon Flux, the sci fi stink bomb she made a few years back.

My least favorite of Theron's work is Trapped.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #18
Amanda Woodward
Frequent Poster

Ford to Lucas when handed Star Wars script : "how can you write this s**t ?!"
Old 11-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #19
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran
Jonah and Amy Forever!

Audrey Hepburn never watched any of her films, but I don't know if she actually disliked them or not.

I've heard that John Stamos never liked working on Full House and always wished he was doing something else. That's kind of sad, really. Kind of ruins the show for me a little.

Andrea
Old 11-07-2008, 12:30 AM   #20
MusicJunkie
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to MusicJunkie Send a message via AIM to MusicJunkie Send a message via Yahoo to MusicJunkie

Bob Saget also bashes Full House a lot. To be honest, as someone who loathes the show, I can see why Stamos and Saget don't want to be associated with it, especially Stamos who does a lot of serious work, but people always think of him as Uncle Jessie, when he's much more talented than that.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:42 AM   #21
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Default Another Little Add

Bob Hoskins once stated that Super Mario Brothers: The Movie is the embarrassment of his career.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #22
browneyes106

A few years ago I watched a special on Reese Witherspoon and she said that a few of her early movie roles weren't good choices.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:14 PM   #23
browneyes106

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicJunkie
Bob Saget also bashes Full House a lot. To be honest, as someone who loathes the show, I can see why Stamos and Saget don't want to be associated with it, especially Stamos who does a lot of serious work, but people always think of him as Uncle Jessie, when he's much more talented than that.

I think the reason Saget doesn't want to be associated with Full House is because his stand up work is pretty shock value and he said in an interview that the child actors' parents on the Full House set complained a lot when he and Dave Coulier would tell dirty jokes.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:16 PM   #24
browneyes106

It has been said that Whoopi Goldberg was unhappy making Sister Act and she only agreed to make Sister Act 2 because the movie studio was going to make Sarafina. I read somewhere that she did like making Sister Act 2 and she liked the young actors that appeared in the movie.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #25
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Actor Jeff Morrow was always ashamed of his 1957 flick, The Giant Claw (which WAS pretty cheesy ). Paul Newman also took out a full page ad in Variety back in the 1950s apologizing for his movie The Silver Chalice.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 01-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #26
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
It has been said that Whoopi Goldberg was unhappy making Sister Act and she only agreed to make Sister Act 2 because the movie studio was going to make Sarafina. I read somewhere that she did like making Sister Act 2 and she liked the young actors that appeared in the movie.

Yep, a young Lauryn Hill was in that.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:23 AM   #27
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL
I remember Renee Zellweger raised some Hell when they re-released The Return Of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in 1997.

Renee made the movie back in 1994 when she was an unknown and the film had a limited release then, but when she became a breakout star with Jerry McGuire, the producers of this terrible movie got it back in the theaters to cash in on Renee's new stardom.

The movie was released, but Renee wanted nothing to do with it.
Uh...Renee, did you ever watch The Bachelor (1999)?? That flick didn't do Chris O'Donnell any favors, either.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:48 AM   #28
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

back in 1961, Jackie Gleason did a T.V. show called "YOU'RE IN THE PICTURE" that was so bad, he came on T.V. and apoligized for it. A few years ago, I saw a biography on A & E of him, and they mentioned that and showed a clip of the show. While he was doing it, he looked at the camera and said something like "How'd I get involved in this ****"?

I think that Donald Sutherland and Elliot Gould didn't like making the movie "MASH". I know at one point they tried to get Robert Altman, the director of it, fired saying that he would ruin their careers.

William Shatner said once that he's never watched himself on "STAR TREK" (the show). If that's true though, I don't know if it's because he doesn't like his performance or not.
I say "if" because in the introduction to a book that his daughter wrote about his experiences directing "STAR TREK 5" she say's how once when she was little, she walked into the living room and her parents were watching an episode of it.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 01-15-2009, 02:10 AM   #29
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJL
It always bugged me that Alec Guinness never cared for the role he played in Star Wars history. So many young people like myself began watching his other movies thanks to Star Wars. He created a whole new generation of fans.

I kind of figure that Sir Alec Guinness never fully understood the mania (he had never really been accostumed to that big, Hollywood blockbuster type of atmosphere) that the "Star Wars" franchise subsequently created. Guinness was also upset that most of the general public associated him with being Obi-Wan Kenobi than his other work.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:11 AM   #30
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Yep, a young Lauryn Hill was in that.

Jennifer Love Hewitt was also in "Sister Act 2".