Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrate Halloween with The Simpsons on FXX; Sister Network FX Brings Back Comedy for 3rd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ
Question Your best sickness remedies

I'm running another slight fever, this time it's only 100.4, but it's enough to be a little bothersome, and it was enough to drastically limit my time on S.O. yesterday. My question is, what are some things you do to combat being sick? I've done the whole sleeping thing as it seems that's all I've done the last 24 hours or so, but do you guys' have any secrets for making yourself feel better when your a little under the weather? This isn't some desperate cry as I'm not feeling too too bad, I just want to get myself healthy as quick as possible, so all your guys' advice would be helpful. Thanks!!
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.

Last edited by Brad Russ : 10-21-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
MonarC
The truth will set you free

Sorry your feeling sick. My grandma would always say "you need some hot chicken soup." That always makes me feel better. Get well soon.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Thanks MonarC!!! You're so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will definitely give that a try after I take another short nap. Thanks again!!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #4
MonarC

Your welcome. It's best if you make it with real chicken with the bone in cause the chicken bones when its cooked is like natural antibiotic. Then add some of your favorite veggies.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Sorry your feeling lousy Brad. For a fever, take 2 asprin and/or a luke warm bath. The chicken soup idea is always good.

I always feel better setup on the couch too rather than lying in bed. Bring down your pillow and a cozy blanket. That way you can prop yourself up and watch t.v. or doze in and out of sleep.

I caught a cold on the weekend and it's gone into my chest so I didn't sleep much last night with all the coughing. I think tonight I'll sleep on the couch as I don't cough as much when I'm not lying flat.

And here's a teddy bear you can cuddle with!
Attached Images

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous

Old 10-21-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
MonarC

^^^SO CUTE! Great ideas.

Another thing that makes me feel better whenever I have a fever is a nice cool rag on my forehead or my neck. Sometimes I will eat ice cream or popsicles to keep the fever down too. Yummmm.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
Doodyville10019
Forum Regular
Meet my new friend Sparkie!

Send a message via AIM to Doodyville10019 Send a message via Yahoo to Doodyville10019

Sorry to hear you're sick! GET WELL SOON!!!

As far as things I do to make myself feel better when I'm sick, I usually turn to my writing. I think about recent stories I've written and try to absorb myself in them as much as possible. If I'm not writing, I try and relax with a good DVD (usually a cartoon or a good comedy) and have a nice bowl of oriental flavor ramen soup.

Of course, this little guy helps make you feel better too!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Talking Thank You!!!

Thanks soo much for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it. I tried the couch thing, and to my surprises, it actually worked. I also had some chicken soup for lunch, and spent an hour in silence meditating, and I am now feeling great. I know longer have a fever, and I'm getting ready to go for a walk. Thanks again guys.I figure if I'm going to get advice from anyone, it should be you all, and once again your advice proved to work. Thank you all for your suggestions!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #9
Hollywood Rock Chic

Keeping positive thoughts, works. A lot of rest. Right now I am recovering from a bad cold. So, I feel your pain.

Remember, someone in San Diego, thinks you are AWESOME as hell..and loves you a lot, too... and here is a

Hopes that helps.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
Keeping positive thoughts, works. A lot of rest. Right now I am recovering from a bad cold. So, I feel your pain.

Remember, someone in San Diego, thinks you are AWESOME as hell..and loves you a lot, too... and here is a

Hopes that helps.

That helps more than any remedy I've ever tried!!! I remember being sick as a kid, and having my mom always right there beside me holding my hand. That always made me feel better than all the rest, fluids, doctors, and every other so called remedy. There's no remedy like that of someone who loves you, and who's there for you, and that's a fact!!! I love you too my friend, and here's a big hug right back at you!!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #11
InspectorExstead
Forum Veteran

naps and soup always do the trick for me when i'm feeling under the weather. last time i was sick with a fever, i tried to sweat it out. i took a nap wearing long sleeves and the comforter over me and i woke up, took a shower and i was feeling better. i don't know if anyone else does that but it worked for me. tylenol also helps. glad you're feeling better!

http://sosiran.com/
http://tapeshhd.com/index.php

Old 10-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectorExstead
naps and soup always do the trick for me when i'm feeling under the weather. last time i was sick with a fever, i tried to sweat it out. i took a nap wearing long sleeves and the comforter over me and i woke up, took a shower and i was feeling better. i don't know if anyone else does that but it worked for me. tylenol also helps. glad you're feeling better!

Thanks!! Fortunately it wasn't too bad, more like a 24 hour bug, but I will definitely take your advice for next time.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #13
MonarC

Yea! Im so happy you are feeling better.

It's funny how you take for granted being so healthy. Then when you get sick you realize how luck you are to have good health.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #14
Doodyville10019
Forum Regular
Meet my new friend Sparkie!

Send a message via AIM to Doodyville10019 Send a message via Yahoo to Doodyville10019

Fantastic! I'm so happy you're feeling better!!

This shoud be you by tomorrow.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #15
Hollywood Rock Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mel
That helps more than any remedy I've ever tried!!! I remember being sick as a kid, and having my mom always right there beside me holding my hand. That always made me feel better than all the rest, fluids, doctors, and every other so called remedy. There's no remedy like that of someone who loves you, and who's there for you, and that's a fact!!! I love you too my friend, and here's a big hug right back at you!!!!

Hey, I know another "really" good way to boost up your immune system; but I have to send you a PM

HA HA HA..

They, also say, laughter, is also an excellent way to make a person feel better.