Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery


Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #31
Dr. Thong
Senior Member
a/k/a "ACK!"
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Cepeda
Happy Days is one of my favorite series ever. Having said that, I remember that after I quit watching the show after the 7th season, I happened by chance to check out an episode in maybe the 9th or 10th season. It was about Potsie having difficulty in a college course so he memorized the material by putting it into song. It was wretched.

In the end, I did watch the series finale to put closure to a much treasured show.

Actually, that was a sixth season episode, with Richie and Ralph still there. But yes, it was wretched anyway.
__________________
"Sunday has been cancelled due to lack of interest. That is all."
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #32
Julius Cepeda
Occasional Poster
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
Actually, that was a sixth season episode, with Richie and Ralph still there. But yes, it was wretched anyway.

Wow, you're right. I just looked it up in the episode guide. My memory failed me. I thought that episode was so bad that it must have been towards the very end of the series.

According to the episode guide, it was the season finale and aired on 5/15/79. I was in 6th grade at the time. I just remember watching it and thinking this episode is so dumb, and wondering how could my favorite show have fallen so low, when just 3 years prior it was the greatest show it the world (for me, anyway.)
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #33
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,229
Default

Agreed - that ep was indeed a low point of HD.
__________________
"Jesus loves you and He approves this message."

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #34
Dr. Thong
Senior Member
a/k/a "ACK!"
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Cepeda
Wow, you're right. I just looked it up in the episode guide. My memory failed me. I thought that episode was so bad that it must have been towards the very end of the series.

According to the episode guide, it was the season finale and aired on 5/15/79. I was in 6th grade at the time. I just remember watching it and thinking this episode is so dumb, and wondering how could my favorite show have fallen so low, when just 3 years prior it was the greatest show it the world (for me, anyway.)

Yeah, it's as bad as some of those later shows, to be sure. I think another reason the show should have ended in 1980 is that the show was starting to show it's age -- it was getting a little tired.

Shows like that one and the one where Fonzie and The Devil battle for Chachi's soul - I say let the devil take him, please! - indicated that the writers were running out of good ideas and takes on the characters.

They were getting too old to be playing kids - even college kids - and they should have just ended it in 1980 with a graduation -- and Chachi's murder, of course.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #35
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
Yeah, it's as bad as some of those later shows, to be sure. I think another reason the show should have ended in 1980 is that the show was starting to show it's age -- it was getting a little tired.

Shows like that one and the one where Fonzie and The Devil battle for Chachi's soul - I say let the devil take him, please! - indicated that the writers were running out of good ideas and takes on the characters.

They were getting too old to be playing kids - even college kids - and they should have just ended it in 1980 with a graduation -- and Chachi's murder, of course.
I can't believe the "Fonzie gets shot in the butt" episode hasn't been mentioned. That was another low point.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #36
Dr. Thong
Senior Member
a/k/a "ACK!"
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I can't believe the "Fonzie gets shot in the butt" episode hasn't been mentioned. That was another low point.

I haven't seen that episode in such a long time, I've forgotten it. Was it during the original run or the later years?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #37
DeepBlue
Occasional Poster
Member
 
DeepBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 04, 2008
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. ThongI haven't seen that episode in such a long time, I've forgotten it. Was it during the original run or the later years?

It aired during the later years (season 8), and yes, it was a low point. Season 8 had a couple of episodes that were really silly and it seemed like the writers were just phoning it in (Fonzie gets shot, Fonzie dreams that he loses his cool, the American Musical ep).


IMHO, of the later years, Season 9 was the best. I HATE Season 10, and Season 11, as it has been discussed in another thread, was focused on more serious storylines.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:01 PM   #38
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,229
Default

The big song and dance Valentine's show was REALLY hokey and embarrassing - and that was in the Ron Howard era!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #39
Dr. Thong
Senior Member
a/k/a "ACK!"
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
The big song and dance Valentine's show was REALLY hokey and embarrassing - and that was in the Ron Howard era!!

One of the worst episodes ever. As much as I like the original run with Richie and Ralph, there were a few stinkers in there too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #40
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
One of the worst episodes ever. As much as I like the original run with Richie and Ralph, there were a few stinkers in there too.
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who hated that ep.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #41
Dr. Thong
Senior Member
a/k/a "ACK!"
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who hated that ep.

It was bad enough that Anson Williams sang in several episodes, but to bring in everyone else!! Yeeccchhh!!

That was a terrible episode. One that I will skip over when the season five DVD set comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:41 PM   #42
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
It was bad enough that Anson Williams sang in several episodes, but to bring in everyone else!! Yeeccchhh!!

That was a terrible episode. One that I will skip over when the season five DVD set comes out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #43
Julius Cepeda
Occasional Poster
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
It was bad enough that Anson Williams sang in several episodes, but to bring in everyone else!! Yeeccchhh!!

That was a terrible episode. One that I will skip over when the season five DVD set comes out.

That Valentine's episode will unfortunately be forever scarred into my memory. I remember watching it in disbelief. Such utter nonsense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 PM   #44
catlover79
Moderator
Forum Legend
God Bless Val
 
catlover79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 29, 2006
Location: Bewitched in Ohio
Posts: 69,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Cepeda
That Valentine's episode will unfortunately be forever scarred into my memory. I remember watching it in disbelief. Such utter nonsense.
My exact feelings when I was watching that episode for the first time!! As Phoebe Buffay would say - "MY EYES!! MY EYES!!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #45
Dr. Thong
Senior Member
a/k/a "ACK!"
 
Dr. Thong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2001
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 4,707
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
My exact feelings when I was watching that episode for the first time!! As Phoebe Buffay would say - "MY EYES!! MY EYES!!"



One of my all-time favorite scenes in Friends.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.