Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Brady Bunch (Sitcoms Online) / The Brady Bunch links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Brady Bunch Photo Gallery

The Brady Bunch - The Complete First Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete First Season on DVD
The Brady Bunch - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Second Season on DVD
The Brady Bunch - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Brady Bunch - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Brady Bunch - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series (Seasons 1-5; Shag Carpet Cover;
Bonus Disc with A Very Brady Christmas, The Brady 500 and The Brady Kids cartoon episodes) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > The Brady Bunch
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: NBC Looking to Make a Problem Child Series?; Jeffersons, WKRP, and Facts of Life DVD Updates
TVGN to Rebrand as POP; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 22, 2014)
Sitcom Anniversaries Galore: Friends 20th Anniversary Marathon on TBS; Cosby Show's 30th Anniversary Stunt on TV Land
TV Land Fall 2014 Schedule Part 2; Gillian Jacobs 'Loves' Netflix with New Show for 2016
BET Fall 2014 Schedule with Fresh Prince; Michael Che Will Join Colin Jost at SNL Weekend Update Desk
Centic Fall 2014 Schedule; Hallmark Hall of Fame Movies to Move to Hallmark Channel
Summer 2014 Week 16 Sitcom Ratings

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)

New Girl - The Complete Season Three The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season

09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #46
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
I'm curently reading Maureen's book it's really good. I do hope she and Eve can patch things up imo it's nothing more than a series of misunderstandings.

I don't know about that. I mean, I think I remember reading on a thread here that Marueen had joked that she and Eve were both lesbians.

People believe what is said and read so if that is the case, Maureen should have been more careful.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:05 AM   #47
brownie87
Forum Regular

Yeah, Barry also told my cousin that the yelling in "Marcia Gets Creamed" wasn't supposed to happen. Eve was originally supposed to sound a little more whiney, but Eve really let loose on Maureen. Even while filming the episode at the amusement park, Eve hated that she had to hang around Maureen throughout most of the episode and she really wanted to hang out with Chris. She especially got fed up when these guys kept walking past them and checking out Maureen but Eve got jealous.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #48
WaterLoo
Frequent Poster

I think Eve always had it in for Maureen, because of her popularity, but mainly alot had to do with guys (typical!). I think at one point, Eve was dating some guy who went to visit her on the set and then he got one look at Maureen and went all bonkers over her. Then there was that whole Christopher Knight crush they both had. I even remember Maureen had a fling with the guy who played Jan's husband while filming "The Brady Brides". Maureen did say once that she and Eve were best friends, but Eve refuted that saying that she considered Susan Olsen, Christopher Knight and Mike Lookinland her best friends on the set, and Maureen was just someone she worked with. As for her behavior on Rosie O'Donnell, I thought she was a little cold, but not nasty. She just wanted to talk about her paintings, not some show she was on several years ago where she played a not very desirable character.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #49
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

Jan would always say Marcia Marcia Marcia.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:08 AM   #50
brownie87
Forum Regular

I just watched "Very Brady Christmas" a few days ago and saw Eve was not happy about being a part of the movie, so there must have been money involved as well as Marcia and Jan not having alot of scenes together, so definately bad blood there. The movie itself wasn't bad (wasn't great either). I did not like the girl who replaced Susan Olsen as Cindy because she was a bad actress and always wining about wanting to be treated as an adult and wanting to go skiing with her friends rather than spend Christmas with the family. Anyway, yeah, there was definately some friction there between Eve and Maureen. Remember when the Brady girls went into the kitchen to help Alice and Carol and Carol asked Cindy to get the ladle to stir the egg nog and Cindy said "But Marcia's right there" and Eve looked over at Maureen and had a really p*ssed off look on her face. An indication that they had some sort of fight or something. Anyway, I think truly alot of their fights had to do with Chris Knight.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:23 AM   #51
Waterston_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie87
I just watched "Very Brady Christmas" a few days ago and saw Eve was not happy about being a part of the movie, so there must have been money involved as well as Marcia and Jan not having alot of scenes together, so definately bad blood there. The movie itself wasn't bad (wasn't great either). I did not like the girl who replaced Susan Olsen as Cindy because she was a bad actress and always wining about wanting to be treated as an adult and wanting to go skiing with her friends rather than spend Christmas with the family. Anyway, yeah, there was definately some friction there between Eve and Maureen. Remember when the Brady girls went into the kitchen to help Alice and Carol and Carol asked Cindy to get the ladle to stir the egg nog and Cindy said "But Marcia's right there" and Eve looked over at Maureen and had a really p*ssed off look on her face. An indication that they had some sort of fight or something. Anyway, I think truly alot of their fights had to do with Chris Knight.

I hadn't noticed actually.

And um.. are you the baby of the family? The youngest?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:39 PM   #52
kooky12

Well, they finally made up. I invited Marcia and Jan over for dinner, each not knowing that the other was coming. After throwing eye daggers at each other for a while, I finally got them to sit down for the meal. Small talk started while I served the pork chops and apple sauce. But it turned into a tirade by Jan about Marcia stealing her boyfriends. Jan picked up a pork chop and threw it at Marcia, but missed because she wasn't wearing her glasses. Instead it hit my favorite vase and knocked it to the ground, shattering it. After putting on her glasses she fired another chop. This one found its mark, breaking Marcia's nose. Marcia tried to scream but her chop got all caught up in her braces. With my dinner destroyed, we went to Mario's Pizza instead, but you should see what the patrons were doing in the booths ! So we left and decided just to get some ice cream, where in the course of our sundeas both girls got hired to run the ice cream parlor. Last I saw them, they were working side by side, the best of friends. But I hear that the parlor is not doing to well, and they may have to let one of the girls go...............
Old 12-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #53
hatwink
Forum Regular

After reading all the comments, it seems that Eve's and Maureen's friendship was not that strong to begin with, if all this stuff was happening behind the scenes.One comment like Maureen made shouldn't have made Eve that furious, not totally, but then again she probably had a lot of pent-up anger from all those years of being second fiddle.Sad.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #54
WaterLoo
Frequent Poster

Default Interview with Sherwood...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie87

Sorry I've been neglecting this topic lately, but I just found an interview by Sherwood Schwartz...I wish I could find it so I could provide a link.

Anyway, Sherwood was being interviewed about Maureen's book and admitted that he was shocked by alot of what was said about Maureen's personal life as well as what she had to say about her castmates on "The Brady Bunch". Anyway, he also talked alot about what the kids' relationships were like on and off the set. He did talk a little bit about how he tried to get Maureen and Barry to stop flirting with each other so they could behave more like brother and sister. He even said something like he watches the show today and notices how flirty "Marcia" and "Greg" were at times. But the thing he talked mostly about was how catty Maureen and Eve's relationship was. He said something along the lines of it making Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton looking like something out of Disney, or something. Anyway, he said most of their clashes came from Maureen being very sweet and Eve being more moody and rebellious. Yeah, he did admit alot of their quarrels were over guys, particularily Christopher Knight. But some fights were over wardrobe, Eve complaining about how Maureen's "preperations" would hold up production, Eve wanted to walk around not wearing a bra to get attention then Maureen did the same thing, she also resented the fact that when the kids would rehearse for their singing gig they all went to Maureen's house instead of hers, she hated how Maureen got all the female lead vocals during the "Brady Kids" tour, she got furious when Maureen got to record a record with Christopher Knight, she even got jealous when Maureen got to kiss Davy Jones because she also liked him and finally Eve hated that Maureen/Marcia always won out in her "life lesson" episodes while Eve/Jan was basically made to look like a looser. Sherwood even admitted that he was shocked Eve even agreed to to "The Brady Brides" then "A Very Brady Christmas", but then later learned money was the object. But he admitted much of the reason why "Brady Brides" didn't fly was because Eve and Maureen were so hostile towards each other. So, when they filmed "Brady Christmas", he did his best to keep them as far away from each other as possible, though he did admit there was still tension between them. He did say that Maureen really wanted to be friends with Eve, because she had very few girlfriends and aside from Florence Henderson, Ann B. Davis and Susan Olsen, was mainly friendly with the guys on the show. But she really wanted to be friends with Eve, because they were closer in age. He would even at times pull Eve to the side and try to talk her into being friends with Maureen, but Eve would say things like how she only saw Maureen as her co-star and an acquaintence and not a friend. He said it all basically boils down to jealousy and cattiness and teenage hormones.

Anyway, I'll try to locate the article for you, but in the meantime, I hope I did a decent job at remembering the details.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:56 PM   #55
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ Oh yes! If you can find the link, please post it here. I'd love to read the article.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 01-19-2009, 08:21 AM   #56
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterLoo
Sorry I've been neglecting this topic lately, but I just found an interview by Sherwood Schwartz...I wish I could find it so I could provide a link.

Anyway, Sherwood was being interviewed about Maureen's book and admitted that he was shocked by alot of what was said about Maureen's personal life as well as what she had to say about her castmates on "The Brady Bunch". Anyway, he also talked alot about what the kids' relationships were like on and off the set. He did talk a little bit about how he tried to get Maureen and Barry to stop flirting with each other so they could behave more like brother and sister. He even said something like he watches the show today and notices how flirty "Marcia" and "Greg" were at times. But the thing he talked mostly about was how catty Maureen and Eve's relationship was. He said something along the lines of it making Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton looking like something out of Disney, or something. Anyway, he said most of their clashes came from Maureen being very sweet and Eve being more moody and rebellious. Yeah, he did admit alot of their quarrels were over guys, particularily Christopher Knight. But some fights were over wardrobe, Eve complaining about how Maureen's "preperations" would hold up production, Eve wanted to walk around not wearing a bra to get attention then Maureen did the same thing, she also resented the fact that when the kids would rehearse for their singing gig they all went to Maureen's house instead of hers, she hated how Maureen got all the female lead vocals during the "Brady Kids" tour, she got furious when Maureen got to record a record with Christopher Knight, she even got jealous when Maureen got to kiss Davy Jones because she also liked him and finally Eve hated that Maureen/Marcia always won out in her "life lesson" episodes while Eve/Jan was basically made to look like a looser. Sherwood even admitted that he was shocked Eve even agreed to to "The Brady Brides" then "A Very Brady Christmas", but then later learned money was the object. But he admitted much of the reason why "Brady Brides" didn't fly was because Eve and Maureen were so hostile towards each other. So, when they filmed "Brady Christmas", he did his best to keep them as far away from each other as possible, though he did admit there was still tension between them. He did say that Maureen really wanted to be friends with Eve, because she had very few girlfriends and aside from Florence Henderson, Ann B. Davis and Susan Olsen, was mainly friendly with the guys on the show. But she really wanted to be friends with Eve, because they were closer in age. He would even at times pull Eve to the side and try to talk her into being friends with Maureen, but Eve would say things like how she only saw Maureen as her co-star and an acquaintence and not a friend. He said it all basically boils down to jealousy and cattiness and teenage hormones.

Anyway, I'll try to locate the article for you, but in the meantime, I hope I did a decent job at remembering the details.

That would be great if you could find the article, but in the meantime, you did an excellent job of remembering all that stuff!
Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #57
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooky12
Well, they finally made up. I invited Marcia and Jan over for dinner, each not knowing that the other was coming. After throwing eye daggers at each other for a while, I finally got them to sit down for the meal. Small talk started while I served the pork chops and apple sauce. But it turned into a tirade by Jan about Marcia stealing her boyfriends. Jan picked up a pork chop and threw it at Marcia, but missed because she wasn't wearing her glasses. Instead it hit my favorite vase and knocked it to the ground, shattering it. After putting on her glasses she fired another chop. This one found its mark, breaking Marcia's nose. Marcia tried to scream but her chop got all caught up in her braces. With my dinner destroyed, we went to Mario's Pizza instead, but you should see what the patrons were doing in the booths ! So we left and decided just to get some ice cream, where in the course of our sundeas both girls got hired to run the ice cream parlor. Last I saw them, they were working side by side, the best of friends. But I hear that the parlor is not doing to well, and they may have to let one of the girls go...............

you worked about 8 or 9 plots and subplots into that answer... good job!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #58
Steve Carras
Forum Regular
Sandra Bullock RULES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Not to mention real life sisters Olivia de Havilland and Joan Fontaine. They are both in their 90s and still don't speak. Such a shame...

I know about that rivalry as well, and know that also 1940s big band singers Betty Hutton and Glenn Miller sister Marion Hutton, likewise [though both are dead now-=Marian 20 years ago and change, Betty a year or so.No relation to colleagues Ina Ray, a female bandleader of the forties or singer June.]

Add Susan Cowsill to the list of those angry at Maureen..

"How about baby blue? To match your baby blue eyes?"
-Frank Nelson on "The Flintstones" (1961)

http://sjcarrasblog.blogspot.com-ORIGINAL GUMBY SERIES SITE

http://toonsnoot.blogspot.com
New-TOON SNOOT-Random posting on American animation trivial stuff from 1920s to early 70s.

ON FACEBOOK HERE AT:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001249396142
Old 01-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #59
sunshinefizzy

^ Susan Cowsill has a grudge against her. Why???

I can relate to this story though. I know how resentment can make you into a person you don't want to be. It's probably best that Eve doesn't speak to her if Maureen was such a toxic person to her. Some relationships are just not meant to have a happy ending or be fixed.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #60
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinefizzy
^ Susan Cowsill has a grudge against her. Why???

I can relate to this story though. I know how resentment can make you into a person you don't want to be. It's probably best that Eve doesn't speak to her if Maureen was such a toxic person to her. Some relationships are just not meant to have a happy ending or be fixed.
In Maureen's book, the two were shoplifting and Maureen somehow managed to get away, leaving all the blame on Susan.