Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #61
Big C
I Heart Angie Watson

Quote:
Hey, do you know where I can write to get Angela's autogrpah? Also, is there anything special that I have to do.

I can provide you a link to a site that will give you an address to write to:

http://angela-watson.webs.com/contacther.htm
Old 01-14-2009, 03:42 AM   #62
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Yes - scan some of them here!!

Did you see the ones I posted here?
I'd say my favorites are Jason Mewes; probably the only person who will write "I Eat Ass!" as an official autograph.

Val Kilmer is another favorite.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 AM   #63
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Did you see the ones I posted here?
I'd say my favorites are Jason Mewes; probably the only person who will write "I Eat Ass!" as an official autograph.

Val Kilmer is another favorite.

Your Jason Mewes autographs are awesome! If he ever comes to a convention here, I already plan to get him to sign a quote from Clerks 2.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:56 AM   #64
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
Your Jason Mewes autographs are awesome! If he ever comes to a convention here, I already plan to get him to sign a quote from Clerks 2.

Thanks!

Yeah, the only thing that stinks about these conventions/fan meetings is that some of these people charge $ for their autographs. However, I have heard for some that the money they get goes to charity and that they get a flat rate for showing up at the events. Val Kilmer gave the money he charged for charity.

Jason Mewes, at the event I went to in NYC, charged $25.00 per item signed. So for those two it came to $50.00

Val Kilmer was the most expensive that I've payed for, he charged $30.00

The cheapest would go to Butch Patrick and some of the wrestlers who were in the $10.00-$15.00 range.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:01 AM   #65
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Thanks!

Yeah, the only thing that stinks about these conventions/fan meetings is that some of these people charge $ for their autographs. However, I have heard for some that the money they get goes to charity and that they get a flat rate for showing up at the events. Val Kilmer gave the money he charged for charity.

Jason Mewes, at the event I went to in NYC, charged $25.00 per item signed. So for those two it came to $50.00

Val Kilmer was the most expensive that I've payed for, he charged $30.00

The cheapest would go to Butch Patrick and some of the wrestlers who were in the $10.00-$15.00 range.

Yeah, conventions definitely aren't cheap. I don't know if all conventions are different or what. I've heard from some promoters that the celebrities are given nothing to show up, just what they earn from selling their autograph, and I've also heard they get a rate on top of the autograph sales.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:05 AM   #66
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Yeah, conventions definitely aren't cheap. I don't know if all conventions are different or what. I've heard from some promoters that the celebrities are given nothing to show up, just what they earn from selling their autograph, and I've also heard they get a rate on top of the autograph sales.

Yes, it is different for each fan event; who is running the particular gathering. Some are payed, others are not. Some charge for their autographs, some do not. Some donate the autograph money, some do not.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:28 AM   #67
HuntingtonM15
Forum Veteran
#bestpicture

Quote:
Some charge for their autographs, some do not.

Really? I've never seen that, but it would be nice. I also wish they would give you a discount if you purchase multiple, or if you have your own item for them to sign as opposed to their photo.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:38 AM   #68
Hollywood Rock Chic

Jack Lord (a signed check during his Hawaii Five-O days)
Gene Kelly
Ron Glass (that I used to have hanging on my wall; during my "obsessive days)
Yvonne Craig (Cat Woman from the Batman series); she signed her autobiography that I have.
Rick Dees (known for the voice of Disco Duck and a well-known LA radio personality).
Delta Burke; another signed autobiography. A book that I found at an used bookstore.
Betty White; another signed autobiography. A book that I picked up for only 3 bucks and was surprised to find her autograph.
Lindsey Buckingham. A signed Fleetwood Mac Album
Stevie Nicks. A signed photograph.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:11 AM   #69
ekkostar
Coffee, Tea & Larroquette!

Send a message via Yahoo to ekkostar

I wrote to John Larroquette back in 2007 but still haven't recieved an autograph back, which makes me think maybe I used an old agency address. I was sort of looking forward to having it, too. Oh well, there's always eBay.

"All my sitcoms had an audience, with four or five cameras, so working this way has always been appealing to me." - John Larroquette

A living legend, five Emmys and a Tony award! Your favorites could never...

Old 01-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #70
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Cheers!

I have following autograph pics:

Joyce DeWitt
Prisilla Barnes plus both signed my dvd

Debbie Reynolds she also signed my Charlotte's Web CD.

I have a signed book by Bern Nadett Stanis
Vicki Lawrence
Penny Marshall
Bob May
Marta Kristen
Angela Cartwright
Mark Goddard plus he signed his book
Bill Mumy plus he signed a CD I bought
Erin Moran
Marla Gibbs
Noel Neil
Corey Haim
Old 01-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #71
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity

Besides some Detroit Tigers autographs I have only 1 celebrity. A personally autographed picture of Carol Burnett.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #72
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
Besides some Detroit Tigers autographs I have only 1 celebrity. A personally autographed picture of Carol Burnett.
Which Tigers autographs do you have, Marlene?

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 01-15-2009, 03:58 AM   #73
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

I updated my list at the start of the thread. I had some more lying around I didn't get a chance to upload; about 6 more.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:18 AM   #74
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Quote:
Really? I've never seen that, but it would be nice. I also wish they would give you a discount if you purchase multiple, or if you have your own item for them to sign as opposed to their photo.

Yes, there are some who don't charge for their autographs. I have heard from around that people at the "Power Rangers" conventions that some do not charge anything for their autographs. It is in the minority but some don't charge a thing or a very cheap price; from between $5.00 - $10.00

I have seen discounts offered like you mentioned. Danielle Harris of Halloween charged $20.00 for her photo and $15.00 for your item. So I got the photo and my Halloween 5 DVD signed.

Val Kilmer charged his rate of $30.00 for every item signed. I was debating to get my Top Gun DVD that I had brought or get one of his photos. I decided to get the DVD signed and that was it. If he comes around again to other meeting I will get his photo. I wasn't blowing away $60.00 at him all at once.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 AM   #75
DVDFreaker
Banned!!
Banned

I got one from Shannon Miller, the famous gynamstic but I lost it