Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy
truTV Gets 2nd Season of Tacoma FD; I'm Sorry Gets Season 3 on truTV
NBC Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; The CW Fall 2019 Premiere Dates
Netflix Gets Funny with Pranks with Stranger Things Star; Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba Series Gets 2nd Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-12-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default Remembering John Ritter's Passing...5 Years Later

Can't believe it has been five years. It went by so fast, but that day felt like it lasted 5 years. Here is my tribute:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...orst-week.html

Share your thoughts also.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

That's beautiful...yes, it's hard to believe it's been 5 years already. We miss you, John!!!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
Superbowl

It was so ironic that 8 Simple Rules on ABC Family played the Goodbye episodes on Thursday, September 11 this year. I don't know if it just worked out that way, or it was just a coincidence.

Anyway, RIP, John, we miss you.

Last edited by Superbowl; 09-12-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Superbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
Chocoholic
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Veteran

It's also been five years since my nana died
Chocoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbowl
It was so ironic that 8 Simple Rules on ABC Family played the Goodbye episodes on Thursday, September 11 this year. I don't know if it just worked out that way, or it was just a coincidence.

Anyway, RIP, John, we miss you.
Very ironic - it definitely just worked out that way, because they were playing all the episodes in chronological order up to that point. I turned to ABC Family yesterday and saw those episodes on, so it was sad for one, but also surprising to see those episodes again.

Pavan, it was a great blog story. Thanks for it - John has been missed so much over the past 5 years. I hope he's resting in peace.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

John Ritter's death was the only death of an actor that had me crying. It just really got to me. I couldn't believe it. He was one of those guys I never thought about dying. I figured he'd be an old man and still acting.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
DSfan

this does not seem like it has been 5 years already, wow...
DSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
Janice
Hollywood Swingin'
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Pavan, that's a wonderful tribute to John. I know how deeply affected you were by his passing. It's nice that you keep his memory alive with all you do. I think, had John not died, that you would have connected with him. I think he would appreciate all you've done and continue to do.

I still can't believe that it's been five years. It feels like yesterday. I was in a fog, as I had lost my sister just days before, on the 7th. I felt guilty for feeling so bad about John, as if I was betraying my sister's memory. A good friend of mine at the time put it in perspective for me. He told to imagine how people felt who had a loved one die on 9/11/01, but unrelated to the attack (cancer, etc). Surely they felt bad about 9/11 and their loved one's dying. The human heart is capable of dealing with more than one emotion or tragedy.

I watch Three's Company, and I think to myself that the poor man didn't know what was in store for him. I'm glad his wife is raising public aware of aortic dissection. John did not die in vain.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:05 AM   #9
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

i was sad to hear john ritter died that was shocking moment n hollywood like wow never expected to hear that wish he was stil around these days world need someone like him
Old 09-13-2008, 02:05 AM   #10
globalspot28
Frequent Poster

He was a great entertainer! I still watch reruns of Three's Company. He was a genius.

| Strange News | Entertainers in California |
globalspot28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:31 AM   #11
Schmoopie
In memory of my husband
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Pavan, that's a wonderful tribute to John. I know how deeply affected you were by his passing. It's nice that you keep his memory alive with all you do. I think, had John not died, that you would have connected with him. I think he would appreciate all you've done and continue to do.

I still can't believe that it's been five years. It feels like yesterday. I was in a fog, as I had lost my sister just days before, on the 7th. I felt guilty for feeling so bad about John, as if I was betraying my sister's memory. A good friend of mine at the time put it in perspective for me. He told to imagine how people felt who had a loved one die on 9/11/01, but unrelated to the attack (cancer, etc). Surely they felt bad about 9/11 and their loved one's dying. The human heart is capable of dealing with more than one emotion or tragedy.

I watch Three's Company, and I think to myself that the poor man didn't know what was in store for him. I'm glad his wife is raising public aware of aortic dissection. John did not die in vain.

That was beautifully put! I'm so sorry to hear about your sister as well. You mentioned his wife; I actually met her in 2005 at a "memorial show" (not really a show, but a gathering of celebrities) to remember Richard Biggs, an actor on Days of our Lives and Babylon 5 who had died from the same cause as John. I told his wife that I was very sorry to hear of his passing and she was very, very sweet. It would have been wonderful if John could have been there but I think the main reason that his wife was there was to raise awareness about the "unknown killer". The really sad thing is that I believe that September 11th is his daughter's birthday as well.

Andrea

September 23, 1961-January 14, 2019
Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 03:33 AM   #12
Schmoopie
In memory of my husband
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Can't believe it has been five years. It went by so fast, but that day felt like it lasted 5 years. Here is my tribute:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...orst-week.html

Share your thoughts also.
What a beautiful tribute. John would have been touched.

Andrea
Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #13
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned
Banned!!

Yeah, time flies. John was the funniest sitcom actor EVER. The sad truth is it's mostly his own fault he's gone. If he had gone to the doctor and taken steps to lower his blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. then he would most likely be alive today.

People are at risk for aortic dissection today but they are taking steps and getting treated for it. John should've done the same.

I REALLY wanted to see a 3's Company reunion with John, Joyce, Priscilla, and Jenilee but NO WAY Suzanne. She hurt John and Joyce badly.

But now we NEVER can.
Big3sCompanyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #14
USATVFAN
Banned
Banned!!

John snd Suzanne Had Made Up. It Joyce and Suzanne Who Are Still Not Talking to eachother after 28 Years
USATVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 11:44 AM   #15
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

John's assistant Sue Wilcox gave such wonderful words that I had to share to you all what she said:

"It is truly amazing that he was able to impart to so many people his essential goodness, decency and humanity. It was not necessary to have met him to get a true sense of the real person. He gave so many interviews and hosted so many events that provided people with glimpses of the real person. He was truly a wonderful man -- loving and caring and so funny -- and we honor and remember him on this day."

I agree 100% what she said. And she knew him very well. She was his assistant since about 1981.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote