Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Gimme a Break! Online / Gimme a Break! links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Gimme a Break! Photo Gallery

Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal)

Buy Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD if you are in the US
/ Buy in Canada
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
/ Buy in Canada

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Gimme a Break!
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #16
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

is there any cover art for season 3 yet
Old 09-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #17
Smartboy

I would like to make a suggestion of what I think might make good cover art for the Season 3 DVDs. That is, if they ever decide to release them! Like I have mentioned a bunch of times, my favorite episode of this season is "Samantha's Protest". I think that maybe, on the cover of the set, they should show the chain of protesters at the mission school. I would pay top dollars to have my very own picture of Julie in that long blue skirt! In my opinion, she looked like an angle! Throughout the episode, I thought that she acted like an angle too! God bless you Lauri Hendler!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:27 AM   #18
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

I bet they will mess up the cover art, using cast pics from like season 4 or something. They did that with season 2, using a pic of Lara from season 3. They like to mess things up. But as long as we get the DVDs uncut episodes with scene selections and great audio and video, that's all that matters.

I hope they use a bonus episode as well for season 4. My bet is they will use "Baby Of The Family" which was probably one of the most talked about episodes of the entire series.

www.MarkSinacori.com
Check out my website!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3254521/?nmdp=1&
Check out my IMDB page!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My public facebook! Please like it!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My twitter page! Please follow me!
Old 09-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #19
ikhuri
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildchats
I bet they will mess up the cover art, using cast pics from like season 4 or something. They did that with season 2, using a pic of Lara from season 3. They like to mess things up. But as long as we get the DVDs uncut episodes with scene selections and great audio and video, that's all that matters.

I hope they use a bonus episode as well for season 4. My bet is they will use "Baby Of The Family" which was probably one of the most talked about episodes of the entire series.

The "Baby of the Family" episode is also my prediction as a Season 4 bonus episode on the upcoming Season 3 set, as a clip from that episode was shown during the "TV's Top 100 Most Unexpected Moments", aired by TV Land in 2005.

Imad
Old 09-18-2008, 08:19 AM   #20
rockchic
First Time Poster

Default Gimme a Break

I Love When Samatha got her first Boyfriend Episode Jeff I think was in the 4 Season. But he was using her and her Family by Bribing them for money, he is the bully in the Kirate kid Movie.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #21
Robert 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchic
I Love When Samatha got her first Boyfriend Episode Jeff I think was in the 4 Season. But he was using her and her Family by Bribing them for money, he is the bully in the Kirate kid Movie.
I like that episode too. I especially like the scene at the end when Nell tries to give Samantha a "special talk" and orders something to eat at the snack shack on the beach.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #22
Robert 13

It's great to see today's news post at tsod.com. I can't wait to buy Season 3 on dvd!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #23
TV_Fan
Forum Regular

Me too! Let's just hope they're unedited episodes! VEI has a chance to finally do right!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:37 PM   #24
Brieannas21

At this point in time I'll even take edited episodes LOL, I just want all of the seasons released already. Lets just hope that it's released sometime in January or Feb.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:24 PM   #25
MusicJunkie
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to MusicJunkie Send a message via AIM to MusicJunkie Send a message via Yahoo to MusicJunkie

yay!! Season 3 is where the show gets great IMO
Old 09-27-2008, 03:19 AM   #26
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

I hope they do season 3 DVDs the way they did season 2. Chapters after every opening credit and commercial break and ending credit. The first season just goes to every opening credit, which is horrible and the only thing different there are subtitles which aren't on season 2, I believe.

Season 3 should have the bonus episode of Baby Of The Family for sure for season 4 preview bonus episode. It's the most talked about one of that season.

For season 4 DVD, if they actually go that far, they should use Joey's Train as the bonus episode for the season 5 preview, and for the season 5 DVD the episode The Apartment or I Love New York for the 6th season promo to show how the show changed in the final season with the move to NY...or even the Christmas In New York for that season would be good for the bonus episode.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #27
MusicJunkie
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to MusicJunkie Send a message via AIM to MusicJunkie Send a message via Yahoo to MusicJunkie

I think Baby Of The Family would be a mistake as a bonus episode. That is the best known episode of that season and would be a major selling point, if they added it to season 3, some people might pass on 4.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #28
An 80s Guy
legen-wait for it-dary!

Send a message via Yahoo to An 80s Guy

Gosh, I need to catch up!I haven't even gotten season 2 yet.I'll probably order it soon.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #29
TV_Fan
Forum Regular

The season 1 & 2 bundle is sold out on amazon.ca. Does anyone know if it was ever not sold out? Maybe this is a good sign.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 PM   #30
Smartboy

I did not even know that they ever went ahead and released the season one and two bundle set! The last that I heard, season two had only ever been released in Canada. Because of how badly I wanted to see Julie in her designer boots, I ended up ordering it from Canada! If anyone reading this has bought the bundle set, please let me know if it comes from the United States or Canada! How does this set compare with the two seasons sold seperately? Are there any bonus features or anything?