Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Gimme a Break! Online / Gimme a Break! links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Gimme a Break! Photo Gallery

Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal)

Buy Gimme a Break! - Season One (US Release by Universal) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete First Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Second Season (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD if you are in the US
/ Buy in Canada
Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI)

Buy Gimme a Break! - The Complete Series (Canadian Release by VEI) on DVD
/ Buy in Canada

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > Gimme a Break!
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot
Fri-Yay: The Middle on The Top; Hulu Snags Futurama
Hallmark's Holly Robinson Peete Series Coming in February; Remembering Sitcom Writer Bob Schiller

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #1
tvtrader
Frequent Poster

Default Season 3 To Be Released in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to VEI. I sent them an email today and surprisingly got a quick reply. I'm not sure if it's a standard reply that other people have gotten but I sure hope they keep their word. Here is my original email to them and their reply....

-----Original Message----
Sent: August-22-08 12:55 PM
To: info@visualentertainment.tv
Subject: Gimme A Break Season 3

To Whom It May Concern:

I just wanted to send an email requesting seasons 3-6
of Gimme A Break! be released on DVD. I imagine the
reason why season 3 hasn't been released is due to the
sales of the first two seasons. I think a reason why
is that the first two seasons of Gimme A Break! are
not the Gimme A Break! most people think of. There
were drastic changes to the series after season 2,
including new writers, producers, and cast members. I
think people best remember Gimme A Break! for the
later seasons with Joey Lawrence, Thelma Hopkins and a
much better theme song. I believe if the later
seasons were released, you would see a drastic rise in
DVD sales.

VEI'S RESPONSE:

I appreciate your analysis on the show. We have every intention to
release
the remaining seasons.
It's only fair to continue the future releases. VEI is not like the
other
studios for incomplete seasons out in the marketplace.
Season 3 is scheduled for release in 2009. Please keep checking in for
any
release updates or visit www.tvshowsondvd.com.
Sincerely
VEI
Old 08-25-2008, 10:06 AM   #2
Robert 13

I hope it's true. I'm ready to buy "The Complete Series" uncut and in high-quality right now. I hope it doesn't take too long. It would be nice if they released Seasons 3 & 4 next year.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

this is good news Thanks for shareing the e-mail with us.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
TV_Fan
Forum Regular

Hmmm this certainly doesn't sound like any email I've gotten from VEI. Maybe those angry emails I sent finally got to them lol. I really hope it's true but I'm not getting my hopes up. I send an email to them myself, let's see if I get the same response.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #5
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

That's amazing they are going to release all 6 seasons of the series. I'd be happy if they speed up with seasons 3 and 4. The final 2 aren't as great as those 2 were. I think seasons 3 and 4 were the best of the series.

www.MarkSinacori.com
Check out my website!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3254521/?nmdp=1&
Check out my IMDB page!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My public facebook! Please like it!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My twitter page! Please follow me!
Old 08-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #6
Robert 13

I wish they would speed up the releases too. I, actually, like Season 6. There are a few episodes that are hysterical like when Nell is stuck outside the window and when Joey becomes a gigolo and Nell tries to please her boss by bringing his daughter and Joey together.

**UPDATE**
I also received an e-mail from VEI.

Gimme A Break S/3 will be released but not on or before the Christmas season. The projected released date for the subsequent season will be in early 2009.

So it looks like the next season is coming. Hopefully, Seasons 3 & 4 will be released in 2009. Let's all be sure to buy the next set to make the release a huge sales success.

Last edited by Robert 13 : 08-29-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:28 PM   #7
TV_Fan
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert 13
I wish they would speed up the releases too. I, actually, like Season 6. There are a few episodes that are hysterical like when Nell is stuck outside the window and when Joey becomes a gigolo and Nell tries to please her boss by bringing his daughter and Joey together.

**UPDATE**
I also received an e-mail from VEI.

Gimme A Break S/3 will be released but not on or before the Christmas season. The projected released date for the subsequent season will be in early 2009.

So it looks like the next season is coming. Hopefully, Seasons 3 & 4 will be released in 2009. Let's all be sure to buy the next set to make the release a huge sales success.

Wow well this is a relief. I haven't gotten an email from them yet but it certainly does appear to be on their schedule. I will definitely buy S3 & plan to buy all seasons. This is one show that I would buy a complete series set of if it came out tomorrow. This is great news although I wish it were sooner. But I waited this long, right!

I have a feeling that seasons one and two actually sold pretty well for them. I think they were reluctant to release season three because of high music costs for season three (I think that's when a lot more music started being used) and they were waiting to see if Universal would release more seasons here in the States. Apparently they waited on Universal enough and feel confident that they could make enough profit on the subsequent seasons. I mean really, how much could they be making on their stupid crap shows like Cheaters that they sell?

I only hope that the episodes are complete & music better NOT be replaced or omitted. VEI's track record is good though for music on their DVD so they better not disappoint us.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #8
Smartboy

Bringing this thread to the top is really just one more attempt to stiumlate some more conversation about this fine series! I too would love to see more seasons come out on DVD, but I have pretty much bleed dry what I can think of to say about them. Two episodes that I have posted quite a bit about are "Samantha's Protest" and the one in which Andy Gibb appears. However, nobody, so far, has seemed too interested in responding to my messages about any of these realities. Maybe, if more people could get aquaited with these episode, they would have more to say about them. Take care for now!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:43 AM   #9
Robert 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartboy
Bringing this thread to the top is really just one more attempt to stiumlate some more conversation about this fine series! I too would love to see more seasons come out on DVD, but I have pretty much bleed dry what I can think of to say about them. Two episodes that I have posted quite a bit about are "Samantha's Protest" and the one in which Andy Gibb appears. However, nobody, so far, has seemed too interested in responding to my messages about any of these realities. Maybe, if more people could get aquaited with these episode, they would have more to say about them. Take care for now!
I love the Andy Gibb episode. Julie's friends in that episode are so catty but so funny. But my favorite episode from Season 3 is hands-down the New York 2-parter. I have loved that episode since I was a little kid watching on my grandparents' old console tv. The part where Nell asks the guy for a light and then a cigarette, puffs and then stomps it out and walks away is hysterical.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:39 PM   #10
Smartboy

I too enjoyed the New York episode. Throughout the two-parter, there was the whole business about the drug traffic and the police getting caught up in the act and the whole bit. After returning to their home town, Nell says to Addie that, when you really break it down, New York is not really all that different from Glenlawn. At the point in which she says this, a robber wearing a ski mask approaches them on the poarch, holds his gun up to there faces and takes their purses! How funny!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:14 PM   #11
Ron Ron

I can't wait for Season 3!!
Old 09-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #12
Smartboy

I am glad to see that at least this page is getting some action! There are a lot of pages on this site in which it has been weeks if not months since anyone other than me has posted anything! When and if the third season eventually comes out on DVD that might stimulate some more conversation. On this thread, I have mentioned my fondness for "Samantha's Protest" as well as the one with Andy Gibb. Another one that I enjoy is the one in which the chief entertains the mayer in hopes of obtaining a new patrol car. There were a lot of funny lines in that one!
Old 09-07-2008, 12:59 AM   #13
Robert 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartboy
I am glad to see that at least this page is getting some action! There are a lot of pages on this site in which it has been weeks if not months since anyone other than me has posted anything! When and if the third season eventually comes out on DVD that might stimulate some more conversation. On this thread, I have mentioned my fondness for "Samantha's Protest" as well as the one with Andy Gibb. Another one that I enjoy is the one in which the chief entertains the mayer in hopes of obtaining a new patrol car. There were a lot of funny lines in that one!
Now I really can't wait for them to release Season 3. I just realized it also contains another favorite episode of mine "Herbie". When the storm comes and Nell is standing in the doorway, I burst out laughing. Love that episode!
Old 09-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
tvshowsrock.5
Occasional Poster

Believe it or not her name is Telma Hopkins there was n h in the word.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:36 PM   #15
Smartboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert 13
Now I really can't wait for them to release Season 3. I just realized it also contains another favorite episode of mine "Herbie". When the storm comes and Nell is standing in the doorway, I burst out laughing. Love that episode!

I also like the "Herbie" episode. I especially like the way that Katie's hair is styled in this episode. She looks really nice in curls! Also, I always thought that her character looked nice with a purse over her shoulder. In the scene in which she and Julie go to the corner store, she is carrying a pretty purse. I thought that in this scene, she looked really decent!