Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Week 4 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: CBS Introduces CBS All Access; Even More Remakes of Classic TV Series Under Consideration; New Family Guy DVDs
Friends Coming to Netflix in January 2015; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 20, 2014)
Sitcom Alum Neil Patrick Harris to Host 2015 Oscars; Yahoo! Orders Another Comedy, This Time From Bridesmaids Producer
Malin Akerman Vegas Comedy Coming to Yahoo!; All in the Family Seasons 1-4 on iTunes
ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas 2014; Fox Picks Up Gotham for Full Season
NBC Fall Pilot Review: Marry Me - Premieres Tuesday, Oct. 14; Full Season Pickups for ABC's black-ish, Murder

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-18-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan
Default ION Television September 2008 -- Boston Legal, M*A*S*H, and NCIS

ION Television September 2008 --

Blog Story:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...-schedule.html

Regular schedule changes listed ONLY:

What's new: M*A*S*H, Boston Legal, and NCIS
What's gone: Baywatch, Dead Zone, Quantum Leap

Effective Monday, September 8, 2008 through Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekdays

3:00pm-4:00pm qubo Hour (Wed-Fri)
4:00pm & 4:30pm M*A*S*H (replaces Paid Programming Mon-Thurs, qubo Fri)
8:00pm Boston Legal (Mon); ER (Tues, Wed) (all replaces Quantum Leap)
9:00pm NCIS (Mon-Tues); ER (Wed) (all replaces The Dead Zone)

Weekends
6:00pm & 6:30pm M*A*S*H (replaces Baywatch Sat, 48 Hours Sun)

Effective Monday, September 29, 2008
TBD

Here is the FULL regular schedule for September:
Mon-Thurs

3:00PM qubo on ION (Wed-Fri)
4:00PM M*A*S*H
4:30PM M*A*S*H
5:00PM The Steve Harvey Show
5:30PM The Steve Harvey Show
6:00PM Hangin' with Mr. Cooper
6:30PM Hangin' with Mr. Cooper
7:00PM Family Feud
7:30PM Family Feud
8:00PM Boston Legal (Mon); ER (Tues, Wed); Total Theatre Thursday (Thurs)
9:00PM NCIS (Mon-Tues); ER (Wed); Total Theatre Thursday cont. (Thurs)
10:00PM ER (Mon-Wed); 48 Hours OR Total Theatre Thursday/Drew Carey Show (Thurs)

Fri-Sun
3:00PM qubo on ION (Fri)
4:00PM M*A*S*H (Fri)
4:30PM M*A*S*H (Fri)
5:00PM The Steve Harvey Show (Fri)
5:30PM The Steve Harvey Show (Fri)
6:00PM Hangin' with Mr. Cooper (Fri); M*A*S*H (Sat-Sun)
6:30PM Hangin' with Mr. Cooper (Fri); M*A*S*H (Sat-Sun)
7:00PM RHI Entertainment
9:00PM RHI Entertainment

Movies, Stunts, Marathons

- Total Theatre Thursday
Thursdays at 8:00PM

September 4 - 8-10:30p Blade Runner (1982) (Drew Carey Show: "Nicki's Parents" follows at 10:30)
September 11 - 8-10:30p Lethal Weapon 2 (1989) (Drew Carey Show: "Two Weddings & A Funeral For Refrigerator" follows at 10:30)
September 18 - 8-10p Risky Business(1983)
September 25 - 8-10:30p Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986) (Drew Carey Show: "The Bachelor Party" follows at 10:30)

- RHI on ION

September Programming:

Friday, September 5
7:00PM-8:00PM Flash Gordon: The Series #7
8:00PM-9:00PM 10th Kingdom Part 5 The (2000)
9:00PM-11:00PM ENSLAVEMENT: THE TRUE LIFE STORY OF FANNY KEMBLE (2000)

Saturday, September 6
7:00PM-11:00PM JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (2000)

Sunday, September 7
7:00PM-11:00PM Scarlett Parts 1 and 2 (1994)

Friday, September 12
7:00PM-8:00PM Flash Gordon: The Series #8
8:00PM-9:00PM 10th Kingdom Part 6, The (2000)
9:00PM-11:00PM Fatal Error (1999)

Saturday, September 13
7:00PM-9:00PM Tornado (1996)
9:00PM-11:00PM Scorpio One (1997)

Sunday, September 14
7:00PM-11:00PM Scarlett Parts 3 and 4 (1994)

Friday, September 19
7:00PM-8:00PM Flash Gordon: The Series #9
8:00PM-9:00PM 10th Kingdom Part 7, The (2000)
9:00PM-11:00PM FORBIDDEN TERRITORY: STANLEY'S SEARCH FOR LIVINGSTONE (1997)

Saturday, September 20
7:00PM-9:00PM The Pathfinder (1996)
9:00PM-11:00PM Captive Heart: The James Mink Story (1996)

Sunday, September 21
7:00PM-11:00PM Ford: The Man and The Machine (1987)

Friday, September 26
7:00PM-8:00PM Flash Gordon: The Series #10
8:00PM-9:00PM 10th Kingdom Part 8, The (2000)
9:00PM-11:00PM The Inspectors 2 (2000)

Saturday, September 27
7:00PM-9:00PM Incident in a Small Town (1994)
9:00PM-11:00PM Shadow of a Doubt (1995)

Sunday, September 28
7:00PM-11:00PM Degree of Guilt (1995)

Read the blog before you post. It will give much more insight than just the schedule, so please link this if you're posting elsewhere: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/blog/20...-schedule.html
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!

Last edited by Pavan : 08-19-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
clj2

Knew that Dead Zone and Quantum Leap would be gone and ER almost gone. Pretty much what I expected. No Drew Carey, not a surprise there. This is about what I was expecting.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:28 PM   #3
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

ER is not almost gone. It is airing the most in primetime: Mon-Wed 10PM, Tues-Wed 8PM, and Wed 9PM. But starting Sept. 29, I bet it will be just Mon-Wed 10PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
clj2

Oh, wow, after looking at it they're airing it for three full hours on Wednesday? This schedule is confusing. What's with all of this ER suddenly?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

It is probably just filler until they can air Boston Legal and their other new drama more than once a week, which they will be able to starting Sept. 29. I think ER is doing decent anyway. I knew QL and DZ were the weak links. Read the blog story, I explain it there.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #6
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

I am glad to see M*A*S*H From 3:00 pm until 4:00 pm CT Time This September.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
JulieSomoski
Watch Medium, Fridays on CBS!

I think at this point, I'm going to give up on ION. It's just not the network we want it to be, or even the network it was a year ago. They're focusing way too much on dramas and overplayed shows, and it's killing their lineup. Boston Legal was not a bad addition, since it's one of the few dramas I enjoy on television, but I'd rather see it not come than come. ER is airing way too much, even if it is for September. Instead of airing ER so much, you think they could have tried Drew Carey in the 8pm or 9pm slot until BL could air daily. Or maybe they should have even brought Mama back for September.

I'm being sarcastic here - can't wait to hear what the new drama is. Knowing how mainstream ION wants to be, it'll probably be one of the new dramas coming this season-LOL. I definitely wouldn't put it past them.

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
clj2

Oh, and is 5-7PM EVER going to change? Seems that M*A*S*H 4-5, Mama's Family 5-6, and maybe Mr. Cooper from 6-7 would be bettter.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

You got a change from 5-7PM already earlier this month when Harvey and Cooper switched hours, lol. What more do you want, lol? I think they meant it that they are done with Mama's Family, at least in the near future.

As for the new drama, it certainly fits the 25-54 age demo they are going after. It has to be a veteran series, Julie, if they are going to air it 2-3 times a week.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
clj2

I think the change that I meant (and probably most others) is to get rid of this black sitcom block or at least cut it down. 2 hours is too much for them to devote to this given the limited amount of hours and their choices of shows.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:50 PM   #11
JulieSomoski
Watch Medium, Fridays on CBS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
You got a change from 5-7PM already earlier this month when Harvey and Cooper switched hours, lol. What more do you want, lol? I think they meant it that they are done with Mama's Family, at least in the near future.

As for the new drama, it certainly fits the 25-54 age demo they are going after. It has to be a veteran series, Julie, if they are going to air it 2-3 times a week.

I was kidding about the current drama thing, Pavan-LOL, but still, I bet it's going to be a recent drama at best. The more I think about it, though, my guess would be The Practice - Since they already have Boston Legal, The Practice would fit greatly with it.

I wish they would switch up the comedy 5-7pm block - I know they have that African American block that they have to stick with, but if they're going to do sitcoms, they should have good sitcoms. We already have enough of MASH on TV Land and Hallmark, which both overplay the show to death. Steve Harvey and Cooper are okay. I'd rather see Cooper stay and Harvey go, and maybe have shows like Wonder Years, Growing Pains, and Perfect Strangers come back.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
Tubehead

Default why so much mash?

Why does everystation show mash? it on tv land,hallmark channel and cw. enough is enough. i can't stand this show. cobsy show isn't on that much. I would rather watch it then mash.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

And the new show for ION is...

“NCIS” Drops Anchor on ION Television

Strong and Steady Ratings Winner Joins Gripping Fall Lineup of Hit Shows

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., Tuesday, August 19, 2008 -- ION Television, a contemporary general entertainment network, today announced that it will add Emmy-nominated “NCIS” to its primetime lineup on Monday, September 8th at 9 p.m. ET. ION Media Networks, Inc., ION Television’s parent company, has entered into a content agreement with CBS Television Distribution for the broadcast syndication rights to the first four seasons of the naval investigators procedural series. The top-rated, hour-long program will air on Mondays and Tuesdays in the 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET timeslot.

“’NCIS’ is a high-caliber, highly rated series that will broaden ION Television’s reach to target audiences and advertisers,” said Brandon Burgess, Chairman and CEO, ION Media Networks. “Stay tuned for more examples of this kind of programming from the network as we continue to migrate to greater mass appeal in 2008 and 2009.”

"We're excited to bring a quality hit show like ‘NCIS’ to broadcast syndication and extend our partnership with ION Television," said Scott Koondel, Executive Vice President of Off Network, Cable and Interactive Media for CTD.

"NCIS," the hit spin-off of CBS’s military legal drama, "JAG," comes from acclaimed producer Donald P. Bellisario. Revolving around a fictional group of special agents from the Naval Criminal Investigative Service Major Case Response Team (MCRT) of the United States Navy and United States Marine Corps., “NCIS” is more than your average action drama. With liberal doses of humor, it focuses on the sometimes complex and always amusing dynamics of a squad forced to work together in high-stress situations. From murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnappings, these special agents travel the globe to investigate high-profile crimes involving persons and property associated with the Navy or Marine Corps. The popular show premiered on September 23, 2003, on CBS and enters its sixth season on the network this fall.

“NCIS” is distinguished by its comedy elements, ensemble acting and character-driven plots. Leading the NCIS team is Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a skilled investigator and interrogator who is smart, tough and willing to bend the rules to get the job done. Working under Gibbs is former homicide detective Agent Anthony Dinozzo (Michael Weatherly). Joining them is Abby Sciuto (Pauley Perrette), a gifted forensic scientist; Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard (David McCallum), a medical examiner; and Timothy McGee (Sean Murray), a computer genius and crime novelist.

The show joins recent ION additions, like landmark off-network series “Boston Legal” and “ER,” plus favorites like “Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper,” “The Steve Harvey Show” and “Family Feud,” airing on ION Television’s expanded Fall entertainment schedule. The network is pushing forward with its long-term strategy to meet the entertainment needs of the adult 25-54 demographic with a mix of compelling television series, theatrical and made-for-television movies, specials and sports.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #14
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Interesting to see qubo added to wed and thur (why not 5 days a week?) and wow--NCIS?? Of course, nothing ION plays is eye-catching to me, but I can see why they are picking up the ad friendly demographic programming.

BTW, Pav, did they ever get back to you on that interview?

yea I know
Old 08-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #15
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

qubo was airing Fridays 2-5pm. They only have 3 hours of programming so they will air it for an hour each on Wed-Fri--comes out to 3 hours.

I don't think the interview will ever be done. They are not replying.