Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-20-2009, 04:08 AM   #31
megamanj2004

Anyway, my obvious list:

Ted Danson - he even exposed his little "piece" on one episode of "Cheers" and even appeared on the 200th episode show sans piece as well if you look at the back of his head really closely.
Burt Reynolds - by the late '70s, his hair began receeding and by the '80s, out came the toups and the maintenance fees for them!
Harry Morgan - On "Dragnet," he had little thin hairs on his frontal hairline to middle of his head w/ a huge chrome dome in the back. When he starred on "M*A*S*H," some eps. w/ him w/out his hat show him w/ a very obvious toupee, because there was definitely no balding areas on his head at that point.
Dick Van Patten - On the 1st several seasons of EiE, you can see one side of his head hugely parted w/ som baldness on the back of his head. By the final seasons, he began wearing a light brown-ish hairpiece covering his big bald spot.
Jack Klugman
Don Knotts - he has some baldness on the back of hsi head in his later seasons on "The Andy Griffith Show" and he sported the rug on "Three's Company" b/c on there, his baldness is well-covered. I also noticed in the opening credits when he moves his head that the hair doesn't move.
Larry Hagman - On his time on "Dallas," especially in the mid-'80s, his hairpiece def. looked a lot like a silver lid!
James Garner -he didn't wear a piece back on his days on Maverick and The Rockford Files, but by the mid-to-late '90s he was balding. And on his mid-to-late 2000s apperances, his hair covered the middle recession thin hairs, speculating he had restoration work done on his hair.
John Astin - ex wife of Patty Duke. When he appeared with his then-wife Patty Duke on "Password Plus," he looked really bald and old with all that whote-gray-ish facial hair. then I saw him on "Night Court," and I noticed that thing on his head was a wombat!
Barry Williams - aka Greg Brady of "The Brady Bunch." I watched an episode of "The Bradys" from 1990 and compared what he looked like now and I speculated a possible theory of restoration work done on his hair. When he was on "The Bradys," his hair looked receeded on the front.
Max Gail - I noticed that on some eps. the middle of his head looked thinned and semi-bald, other episodes of him on "Barney Miller" had him sporting a red hairpiece that definitely didn't look right with the sides of his head.
Rip Taylor
Steve Allen - a cheap-looking one on him, though!
Charles Nelson Reilly
Howard Cossell
Marv Albert - YESSSSSSS!!!
Richard Simmoms - His presence alone makes many people cry for their eardrums, but he too also had restoration work done on his hair as well.
Jeremy Piven

Last edited by megamanj2004 : 01-20-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 AM   #32
megamanj2004

Here's a double-take on Jack Klugman's obvious toup:

And this was while he was working on "Quincy."

And notice how jacked his frontal hairline (pictured on the left) was!

And here's a double-take on Charles Nelson Reilly's toup as well:

NOTE: On the left caption:

CNR: "I do not wear a toup!"

And a big...WHOOPS! on the right caption!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:24 AM   #33
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

William Shatner wears one.

I remember back when "STAR TREK 6" came out, a guy I used to work with said Shatner should lend his hair to Capt. Picard now, since he's (Capt. Kirk)done with it.

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 AM   #34
megamanj2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
William Shatner wears one.

I remember back when "STAR TREK 6" came out, a guy I used to work with said Shatner should lend his hair to Capt. Picard now, since he's (Capt. Kirk)done with it.

and I remember an episode of "Night Court" where Bert Parks played the role of a game show host from a cereal sweepstakes where Bull won a new toupee, he named it "The Shatner Turbo 2000!"

maybe that was what was left of the Klingons on his head from Star Trek!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:06 AM   #35
megamanj2004

And BTW, here's a nice double-take on Jeremy Piven as well:

Very bald frontal hairline on the left and we don't know if that's restoration or a rag there!

Talk about someone who's very insecure about his bald head!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:19 AM   #36
megamanj2004

Some other ones I found out about are:

Gene Simmons of KISS - he had restoration work done on his harline these days. In the past, he always wore a wig.

Erik Estrada - I saw him on a VH1 show years back and when I saw him adjusting his forntal hairpiece, that's where I couldn't believe that Erik Estrada of all people wore a hairpiece?!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:17 AM   #37
megamanj2004

Pat Boone, too!

This video is solid, true proof that he did INDEED sport a toup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9aBe...layer_embedded
Old 01-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #38
megamanj2004

It was bad enough that he was one of the most arrogant actors in his time, now tell me that Erik doesn't sport a hairpiece these days?

These pics looks awful suspicious enough to make a guess!

Old 01-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #39
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Elton John is rumored to have a hairpiece.

When you see his early albums, he's losing his hair. But by the 80's...he's has a full head of hair!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 01-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #40
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Gregory Sierra () always had a receeding hairline (though early on he wore a lot of hats, too). When I recently saw him in an episode of The Streets of San Francisco, they made him wear a hairpiece!! I almost choked on the snack I was eating while I was watching this. It looked so unnatural!!

On a different note, I am absolutely at that pic of Erik Estrada's hair. That is too funny for words.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 01-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #41
TJL
Forum Veteran
Suburbanite Extrordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
Anyway, my obvious list:

Harry Morgan - On "Dragnet," he had little thin hairs on his frontal hairline to middle of his head w/ a huge chrome dome in the back. When he starred on "M*A*S*H," some eps. w/ him w/out his hat show him w/ a very obvious toupee, because there was definitely no balding areas on his head at that point.

I often wondered why Potter always wore a hat.

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations
Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #42
so elektrikkxx
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Some guys start to lose their hair in their late teens and 20s.

If one wants to spend $40 a month, Propecia is always an option - if used before too much hair is lost, it can slow down hair loss or promote new hair growth until one stops taking it (then your hair loss progresses as it normally would). I'd choose that over bald any day, I've seen attractive bald men but I would not be one of them.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #43
megamanj2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Gregory Sierra () always had a receeding hairline (though early on he wore a lot of hats, too). When I recently saw him in an episode of The Streets of San Francisco, they made him wear a hairpiece!! I almost choked on the snack I was eating while I was watching this. It looked so unnatural!!

On a different note, I am absolutely at that pic of Erik Estrada's hair. That is too funny for words.

Or hair...piece!

I saw him adjusting his frontal hairpiece on one episode of Hollywood Sqaures when he was on there in 2002.

That domn thing looked like a skunk went up there and stunk up that whole chrome dome there!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:33 AM   #44
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
It was bad enough that he was one of the most arrogant actors in his time, now tell me that Erik doesn't sport a hairpiece these days?

These pics looks awful suspicious enough to make a guess!

now THAT is so DAMN obvious, it's laughable!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #45
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
now THAT is so DAMN obvious, it's laughable!
I echo that sentiment.