Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet (Sitcoms Online) / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet Photo Gallery

The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet

Buy The Best of The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Christmas with the Nelsons on DVD
Ozzie & Harriet Classics

Buy Ozzie & Harriet Classics on DVD
The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection

Buy The Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection on DVD
The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases

Buy The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Various Releases on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet - Best of Ricky and Dave DVD Review

America’s first family of television, the Nelson family, is back for more family fun on DVD! The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet: Best of Ricky and Dave brings you 24 more episodes of the classic sitcom to DVD on a four disc set. The set contains 24 episodes, picked from the entire 14 season range of the series that contain the best moments of the two sons on the TV series, allowing fans to watch them grow up--and that they do over fourteen years! The collection contains primarily episodes that focus on the musical talents of the kids, but doesn’t limit itself to just those episodes.

Read our review by Skees53 here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/theadve...dvdreview.html
Old 07-09-2008, 11:14 AM   #2
Jude The Obscure
Retired

pretty good review, esp coming from someone who was not a regular viewer/fan of the series.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
ILUVO&H
Forum Regular

Has anyone recieved this set yet?

I went to Barnes and Noble and Best Buy, thankfully they are in the same plaza where I live, though it is about a 20 minute drive. Neither one had it. B*N had the other O&H set. And Best Buy is where I bought the Mill Creek set last year. But neither have this new set. I was rather disappointed.

I had 6 new episodes I was planning on watchign last night

To console myself I got Leave it to Beaver season 1 at Target, it was on sale.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
honeybea
Forum Regular

I got mine Tuesday, the release date, but I pre ordered it from Deep Discount. There's no place around me that ever carry the older TV shows when they're first relased for some reason. B & N, Best Buy, target, Walmart, none of them, so I always just pre order.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #5
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybea
I got mine Tuesday, the release date, but I pre ordered it from Deep Discount. There's no place around me that ever carry the older TV shows when they're first relased for some reason. B & N, Best Buy, target, Walmart, none of them, so I always just pre order.

I got mine Weds. at J & R. They're wonderful - the set was right up there in the O & H area on July 8th. I am so loving it .....and finally...got to see The Blue Moose episode. BTW, David And The Teenager is a really great ep!

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
Janine the Dream
Forum Regular

We watched most of it already and it is really nice.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:09 PM   #7
TV DVD Fan

I haven't bought it yet but I intend to. I'm on vacation right now and the area I'm in is surrounded with DVD stores. My best bet is Wal-Mart. Hopefully I can get there either today or tomorrow. The set looks pretty good.

Sarah Connor: Maybe if you spend your life hiding who you are, you might finally end up fooling yourself.

- From the episode "Gnothi Seauton."
Old 07-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV DVD Fan
I haven't bought it yet but I intend to. I'm on vacation right now and the area I'm in is surrounded with DVD stores. My best bet is Wal-Mart. Hopefully I can get there either today or tomorrow. The set looks pretty good.

If they have it it'll certainly be less than what I paid ($30). It retails for $35 and Best Buy had it for $30. Some have gotten it from Deep Discount on line for a little over $20 I understand. But when I saw it at J & R I wanted it then and there. It IS a nice set.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:25 PM   #9
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine the Dream
We watched most of it already and it is really nice.

It is, and I was so happy to get 12 new eps from it. I particularly liked Rick's 21st Birthday.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #10
honeybea
Forum Regular

I've started watching the fist disc and love it! There was only two episodes that I didn't already have, but that makes it worth it. I know there's more that I don't have on the other discs too. Some are running 25 minutes and some just 22. They really edited The Father Son Tournament and left out an entire scene from what I remember, but that's ok, fun watching it again anyway.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #11
Nina
Occasional Poster

I received mine yesterday from "Deep Discount". I was a little disappointed.

I was hoping there would be a narration from some of the Nelsons, like the previous set. And the set, featured a lot of O&H Adventures...Not the Best of....as promised. I also wish they had showed some of the older shows, when the kids were younger
Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #12
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina
I received mine yesterday from "Deep Discount". I was a little disappointed.

I was hoping there would be a narration from some of the Nelsons, like the previous set. And the set, featured a lot of O&H Adventures...Not the Best of....as promised. I also wish they had showed some of the older shows, when the kids were younger

Well I'd be lying if I said it was without flaws, like- no narrations which I just loved in the first Shout! and - no commercials. But I got 12 new eps from it - and short or not - it expanded my collection so I'm happy. And I finally got to see an ep I always wanted (Blue Moose) Funny, for some reason almost all of the DVDs exclude the commercials (except for Mill Creek which had some) while many of the VHSs incl. the commercials.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:52 AM   #13
ILUVO&H
Forum Regular

I got my dvd a couple days ago from deep discount.

first thing I did was watch the 4 episodes ricks 21 birthday, selling ricks drums, ricks wedding ring and Ozzie the babysitter.

Then I started watching the discs in order. I'm onto disc 2 now.

I kinda wish there were a few more of the earlier shows in there.
Like maybe Ricky the Football Hero, or Ricky goes to a dance. David's pipe,

I don't the inclusion of episodes that were about Ozzie in a set about David and Ricky? That doesn't make much sense to me.

but I like all the episodes and having them on DVD.

Though I'd be hard pressed to find an episode of Ozzi eand Harriet I don't like.

I like the trivia quiz and how it gave a little background and on some of the guest stars of the show.

I also like listening to radio shows. Which there is a bonus radio show if you get all the trivia correct. Is it saying something that I got all trivia right before I even watched the dvds??? lol
Old 07-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #14
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Got my set yesterday, but it'll be a bit before I have time to start watching it. Have a crazy work schedule, plus other DVD sets ahead of it to finish watching (including the rest of the Mill Creek set).
Old 07-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #15
honeybea
Forum Regular

I like the radio shows, especially "Gloria", she's so funny and I can really hear Betty Rubble of The Flintstones in her voice.

I wish they would release some of the earlier shows too. The boys were so funny and natural.