Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

WKRP in Cincinnati links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / WKRP in Cincinnati Photo Gallery

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season

Buy WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > WKRP in Cincinnati
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TV Land Picks Up Hilary Duff, Sutton Foster Sitcom; Episodic Review: New Girl - "Big News" Airing Tonight on Fox
Maude Mother's Day Marathon on Logo; WE tv 2014 Upfront
Week 29 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Simpsons Comes to FXX in Style; New Fox MOD Releases; Welcome Back, Kotter on DVD?
Stephen Colbert to Take Over Late Show on CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 14, 2014)
UP TV 2014 Upfront; TV Land Revives Candid Camera
The CW Schedules Sitcom This Summer from Online World; NBC's Comedy Playground Initiative: You Decide The Next Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:34 AM   #1
Lester
Frequent Poster

Default WKRP Merchandise we'd like to have seen

What items would you have liked to get hold of had they been produced?

Novelisations of episodes or books with all-new stories?

A comic book? (After all, two other TV-related titles that come to mind are DC's Welcome Back Kotter and Marvel's Sledge Hammer!)

A poster magazine, possibly monthly, with issue 1 being a poster of the cast and following issues being individual cast members.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
AB
Forum Celebrity
Teen Wolf

a WKRP t-shirt and jacket
Old 07-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
LeeBlue
Forum Regular

My memory isn't what it use to be -- I live by post-its -- LOL -- was there an official WKRP book??
Old 07-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBlue
My memory isn't what it use to be -- I live by post-its -- LOL -- was there an official WKRP book??

Yes - it's called America's Favorite Radio Station: WKRP in Cincinnati by Michael B. Kassel. It's out of print but you could probably find it used online somewhere or through your local library.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 07-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
Lester
Frequent Poster

If the book's out of print, I'm glad I got mine when I did. I got mine in 2000, not long after I got the three-tape VHS box set.

Howabout a WKRP calendar? Group shots/individual characters and/or scenes from the show for each month, and a centrespread poster of Jennifer! Said picture guaranteed not to be taken by a photographer recommended by Herb!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #6
LeeBlue
Forum Regular

THanx!!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeBlue
THanx!!
My pleasure!!
Old 07-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #8
dlemond
Hey, I know you.

I think it would have been fun if they had originally had a run of merchandise that ran along the lines of WKRP being a real radio station.

So, bumper stickers, hats, radio station t-shirts, concert t-shirts and such would have been cool.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:51 AM   #9
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester
What items would you have liked to get hold of had they been produced?

Novelisations of episodes or books with all-new stories?

A comic book? (After all, two other TV-related titles that come to mind are DC's Welcome Back Kotter and Marvel's Sledge Hammer!)

A poster magazine, possibly monthly, with issue 1 being a poster of the cast and following issues being individual cast members.
i do remember when a was in grade school back in 1979 they did reproduce a wkrp script in our weekly readers they also did make a wkrp record player
Old 07-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #10
Lester
Frequent Poster

I wouldn't have minded a WKRP annual at Christmas. In the UK, hardback books are released for the Christmas market, usually based on comics and TV shows. At the time the series was running, an annual would be on average 64 pages including the hardback covers. Inside, the book would have featured lots of pix from the series, feature items on the cast, maybe some items about radio broadcasting in general, and maybe some text and comic strip stories based on the show. I imagine one of the group photos such as the one at the top of this page would have formed the main image on the annual cover. In the UK, I always thought it unfair that shows that only ran for one series (Mr Merlin; Gemini Man, for example) got an annual in the UK, but WKRP got diddly-squat. But then The Mighty KRP seemed to be mostly shunted into midnight screenings until Channel 4 ran some episodes in the mid-eighties. Even then, after WKRP was shown nationwide, we got nothing!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:03 AM   #11
Lester
Frequent Poster

Viewmaster 3D reels. These could have been in a couple of formats - maybe adapting a specific episode in 21 3D pictures or generic shots from the show.

Action figures, anyone? I remember in the 70s seeing action figures for Happy Days, with a Fonzie figure that did his thumbs-up pose via a switch at the back. Dunno if there were any accessories like a motorbike for Fonzie, but think of the possibilities for a range of WKRP figures.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:40 AM   #12
Lester
Frequent Poster

WKRP playsuits? Similar to playsuits for other TV/film characters like, say, Batman or Superman; shirt/tunic and trousers, with, in the case of WKRP, plastic mask of whichever character.

For some reason, the Herb Tarlek playsuit doesn't sell at all...

It is subsequently withdrawn on health & safety grounds, ie the reproduction of Herb's jacket was inducing severe migraines!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #13
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

How about Les Nessman Band-Aids?
Old 08-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #14
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

The Letters WKRP.