Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

PB's What's Happening!! and What's Happening Now!! Mini Page / What's Happening!! links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / What's Happening!! Photo Gallery / What's Happening Now!! Message Board

What's Happening!! - The Complete First Season

Buy What's Happening!! - The Complete First Season on DVD
What's Happening!! - The Complete Second Season

Buy What's Happening!! - The Complete Second Season on DVD
What's Happening!! - The Complete Third Season

Buy What's Happening!! - The Complete Third Season on DVD
What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Sony)

Buy What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Sony) on DVD
What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)

Buy What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > What's Happening!!
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Television Academy Hall of Fame Inductees Announced; Roswell Ready for Reboot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to TJ
Default What's Happening!! - The Complete Series DVD Review

Who would have thought What’s Happening!! would be back on DVD again, but it is! Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is re-releasing all three seasons in one complete series set with new packaging that they are calling “compact packaging.” It is a space-saver set. If you have never bought this series on DVD, then you should get this set because it is very light surprisingly. I have the season sets, and I compared them side by side, and the complete series set is much smaller and does save space on your DVD shelf.

What’s Happening!! stars Ernest Thomas as Roger “Raj” Thomas, Haywood Nelson as Dwyane Nelson, Fred Berry as Freddy “Rerun” Stubbs, Mabel King as Mama Thomas, Danielle Spencer as Dee Thomas and Shirley Hemphill as Shirley Wilson.

Read our review by Pavan here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/whatsha...dvdreview.html

Please post any questions or comments about this set.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

OH wow! I have season one on DVD. If I had waited, I would have had to just buy one DVD and have the whole series!
Old 06-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Instead of releasing more seasons of WHN they put out some silly SH*T like this. Sony can kiss my A$$
Old 06-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

I am sure they will eventually Sol. But I hate that I bought season 1 and now here is the full series. Oh well, I can buy the whole series and get rid of season 1 somehow.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I am sure they will eventually Sol. But I hate that I bought season 1 and now here is the full series. Oh well, I can buy the whole series and get rid of season 1 somehow.

Well I would never buy a entire series at one time because that would be too much money.

One series at a time for me
Old 06-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #6
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofTVResearch
Well I would never buy a entire series at one time because that would be too much money.

One series at a time for me
I hear ya. Understandable. Sometimes you can find great deals on whole series DVD's. Just last week I got the entire series of KING OF QUEENS. Best Buy had the boxset on sale. It was $90 off the price. Almost 50% off!!! Whoo hoo, I bought it because I knew I wouldn't get a chance like that again.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
I hear ya. Understandable. Sometimes you can find great deals on whole series DVD's. Just last week I got the entire series of KING OF QUEENS. Best Buy had the boxset on sale. It was $90 off the price. Almost 50% off!!! Whoo hoo, I bought it because I knew I wouldn't get a chance like that again.

See how Sony is doing that Slimy sh*t and trying to milk more out of the fans but issuing the same sh*t on DVD?-lol
Old 06-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #8
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
See how Sony is doing that Slimy sh*t and trying to milk more out of the fans but issuing the same sh*t on DVD?-lol
Ok, you lost me. Explain that again.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #9
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Ok, you lost me. Explain that again.

The series is already complete on DVD, and now Sony is putting the same seasons on DVD in one set so they can make more money off of what was already on DVD to begin with instead of releasing seasons 2 and 3 of WHN on DVD
Old 06-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #10
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
The series is already complete on DVD, and now Sony is putting the same seasons on DVD in one set so they can make more money off of what was already on DVD to begin with instead of releasing seasons 2 and 3 of WHN on DVD
Ok gotcha. Thanx for clarifying that. Well, for people like me who only have it on one DVD, I can now just go out and buy the series rather than buy it separately. Although, it is frustrating waiting and wondering, "Will they put the entire series on DVD?" Like the Brady Bunch, people are still waiting for another season but what if later on BB is released as a full series on DVD? Crazy.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #11
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Ok gotcha. Thanx for clarifying that. Well, for people like me who only have it on one DVD, I can now just go out and buy the series rather than buy it separately. Although, it is frustrating waiting and wondering, "Will they put the entire series on DVD?" Like the Brady Bunch, people are still waiting for another season but what if later on BB is released as a full series on DVD? Crazy.

But you still had the option of buying season 2 and 3 on DVD from amazon. So that's why it's frustrating. That's like Sony putting seasons 1 to 6 of Sanford and Son on one set when fans would like to see the spinoffs instead on DVD
Old 06-09-2008, 12:12 AM   #12
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Brady Bunch is already done on DVD with season sets and later a complete series came out with a bonus disc, unlike the WH set.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 AM   #13
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Brady Bunch is already done on DVD with season sets and later a complete series came out with a bonus disc, unlike the WH set.
Well, I'll be damned. I haven't paid much attention since it is not on my MUST GET THIS DVD list.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #14
Pavan
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
SO News/Reviews Director

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

I think I mentioned the BB completeness on the WH complete series review.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:21 AM   #15
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Well atleast BB fans get a BONUS DISC, wH fans don't get sh*T