Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #61
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris*happydays
That is NOT Jennifer !!!!
That's Loretta, played by Gail Edwards.
Yeah, in the 7th season, Jennifer Jerome was already long gone. Potsie had 2 other girlfriends who looked like her, but she's neither one of them-Wendy (from King Richard's Big Night) and Cassie (Ah, Wilderness). And I believe Loretta was the female accomplice of that guy, Eddie, played by Arthur Batanides. And of course, Gail Edwards later played Danny's substitute co-host and girlfriend, Vicky Larson, from Full House. Danny proposed to her at the end of S6 of FH, but they ended up breaking off their engagement. Anyhow, A Potsie Is Born was thought to be the last ep. with Richie and Ralph before both Ron Howard and Donny Most left the show in 1980.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #62
studd911

happy days season 4 will be coming out on december 9, cbs.paramount has told me that which again it could change but its coming, it would be nice if they would release and redo season 2 if they could wha a holiday treat, i wrote a letter too garry marshal since he is the creator of the show, maybe he coul try too pull some strings, but i hope that they will find all of the singing sequences which was not shown in syndication, on the dvd, they must be wroring really hard on season 4, hopfully it will be like season 3 or better but the all of the bands performance is a must see, we have waited a long time, hopfully with letters they they are getting and reading comments on amazon.com they will. Hey juat too be on the save side, i was watchinh a couple of episodes from both season 1 and season 3, and i notice that whenever Anson williams performed and sung some of the songs that his name appeared at the bottom of the other artist in the ending credits, in season 4 through 7, whenever they would show his name at the bottom along with the other musicians and artists, does that mean that he did allong of singing on the show, if his name was saw and seen at the ending credits. just asking Peace out

Last edited by studd911 : 07-17-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #63
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
happy days season 4 will be coming out on december 9, cbs.paramount has told me that which again it could change but its coming, it would be nice if they would release and redo season 2 if they could wha a holiday treat, i wrote a letter too garry marshal since he is the creator of the show, maybe he coul try too pull some strings, but i hope that they will find all of the singing sequences which was not shown in syndication, on the dvd, they must be wroring really hard on season 4, hopfully it will be like season 3 or better but the all of the bands performance is a must see, we have waited a long time, hopfully with letters they they are getting and reading comments on amazon.com they will. Hey juat too be on the save side, i was watchinh a couple of episodes from both season 1 and season 3, and i notice that whenever Anson williams performed and sung some of the songs that his name appeared at the bottom of the other artist in the ending credits, in season 4 through 7, whenever they would show his name at the bottom along with the other musicians and artists, does that mean that he did allong of singing on the show, if his name was saw and seen at the ending credits. just asking Peace out

Sounds very promising to me although TSoD have yet to announce it. I e-mailed Gord Lacy from that site, and he said this:
"Unfortunately we need more than a nameless person in a forum to go
by. We'll check around and see if the information is correct, but it
seems pretty fishy to me. I appreciate the heads up though.

Gord"

Maybe this will be announced either in Aug or Sep. Anyhow, let's just give them time. Just something we have to be patient about.

Last edited by faraj : 07-22-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:01 AM   #64
studd911

if anybody has the l&s season 4 what songs are heard in a Oh, Come All Ye Bums an The The Third Annual Shotz Talent Show because when todd mentioned all of the original music in the episodes i thought that they were the ones that was either heard on the juke box or sung by the cast. i forgot too include A Chorus line what original music was heard in that episode
Old 07-18-2008, 05:04 AM   #65
JH23
Frequent Poster

Studd911,

Are you a member over at the home theater forum? Im asking because someone on a thread over their said they rang CBS and were told that season 4 would be out on December 9th, which is very encouraging provided you didnt write it.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...son-2-a-4.html

Post #112.

As im from Australia i cant ring but if a few people can ring them and get the same date then it will be very encouraging.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:44 PM   #66
studd911

Yeap Happy Days fan season 4 will be out on december 9 that was what cbs/paramount told me when i called like my mother told me, never believe anything you hear, but it looks like they are, we will have too wait and see until its official, again, i guess they are restoring and digital remastering the footages as well as addressing the editing issues and the music, hopefully season 4 will e cool. When i asked cbs/paramount home video whether or not its a chance they would re-release season 2 with everything intact, they said that it really depends on the fan base if fans write and make that request, wouldn't that be nice if they could and would release season 2 revised and looking brand knew with all of the music intact along with season 4 its only a suggestion, but they said the more fans write in the more it could happen. I was thinking too myself, pertanning too the last episode of happy days, too me i think that both joannie and chachi should have gotten married at Arnolds because that was mostly where they all hung out at, and them singing too each other, what away too go out. I hate too sound blunt, and i might have mentioned it already, but i was reviewing the episodes from season 1 and season 4 and i notice that whenever anson williams aka potsie webber sang songs, his name appeared at the end of the credits underneath all of the original recording artist, and even though the syndicated versions cut out huge amounts of footage of these songs that he did sang and covered, will be on the next dvd's because i no from season 4 to season 7, they should his name at the end of the credits, so that should tell us all something that whenever we see his name appear at the end of the credits, he did do allot of singing which was cut, i figured that out, because in season 1 episode give the band a hand his name along with donny most appeared at the ending credits, i saw the same thing in season 3 episodes of they call it potsie love, a date with fonzie, and fonzie knew friend, i thought i point that out peace.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #67
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by studd911
Yeap Happy Days fan season 4 will be out on december 9 that was what cbs/paramount told me when i called like my mother told me, never believe anything you hear, but it looks like they are, we will have too wait and see until its official, again, i guess they are restoring and digital remastering the footages as well as addressing the editing issues and the music, hopefully season 4 will e cool. When i asked cbs/paramount home video whether or not its a chance they would re-release season 2 with everything intact, they said that it really depends on the fan base if fans write and make that request, wouldn't that be nice if they could and would release season 2 revised and looking brand knew with all of the music intact along with season 4 its only a suggestion, but they said the more fans write in the more it could happen. I was thinking too myself, pertanning too the last episode of happy days, too me i think that both joannie and chachi should have gotten married at Arnolds because that was mostly where they all hung out at, and them singing too each other, what away too go out. I hate too sound blunt, and i might have mentioned it already, but i was reviewing the episodes from season 1 and season 4 and i notice that whenever anson williams aka potsie webber sang songs, his name appeared at the end of the credits underneath all of the original recording artist, and even though the syndicated versions cut out huge amounts of footage of these songs that he did sang and covered, will be on the next dvd's because i no from season 4 to season 7, they should his name at the end of the credits, so that should tell us all something that whenever we see his name appear at the end of the credits, he did do allot of singing which was cut, i figured that out, because in season 1 episode give the band a hand his name along with donny most appeared at the ending credits, i saw the same thing in season 3 episodes of they call it potsie love, a date with fonzie, and fonzie knew friend, i thought i point that out peace.

Yeah, the S2 has the original music intact for the PAL region DVD set only so what they need to do is to make that available also for the NTSC region DVD set and fix those few S3 eps. that have the scenes left out.

John
Old 07-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #68
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

I'm so happy that Happy Days season 4 is coming out. I was REALLY getting worried when Laverne & Shirley was released solo, and we went so long without ANY news. THANK GOODNESS we aren't being left out. I hope that we'll see the entire series released, as this was one of my FAVORITE shows when growing up. Even my daughters are falling in love with this show. I SO enjoy sharing it with them.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #69
YoliUSA
Fan of the Classics

Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA

I've just received an email from TvShowsonDVD.com, saying that the Season 4 DVD release date is December 9th, so studd was right. However, it's not officially confirmed yet.

"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO

My DVD's
Old 08-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #70
OneWayFilms
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoliUSA
I've just received an email from TvShowsonDVD.com, saying that the Season 4 DVD release date is December 9th, so studd was right. However, it's not officially confirmed yet.

How much more confirmation do you need? Paramount says it's coming December 9th, and now TVonDVD has confirmed it after checking with sources for themselves.

Of COURSE the date can be changed, but that's with ANY release.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #71
faraj
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoliUSA
Me too on the e-mail coz I'm on TSoD's mailing list for this show. I'm so happy they announced this season at last which I figured they would sooner or later. Yet no announcement for the 4th and final season of Mork and Mindy, though, so it's now the only CBS/Paramount show that's not up to that season yet. Hope pretty soon for that show's final season and that they won't take as long for season 5 of Happy Days since that next season were the first for Chachi, Lori Beth (Lynda Goodfriend debuted in season 4, but in another role), and Leather Tuscadero.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:12 AM   #72
JMFabiano524
Forum Regular

Well hooray. I did see the reviews of S3 and was pleased to see that the music issue seemed to improve (edits still present though). They need to keep this up, BUT ALSO....BRING BACK THE BLUE MOUNTAIN! I just feel uncomfortable seeing CBS' logo on Happy Days (moreso since I hear they "upgraded" to the CBS Distribution logo and not just CBS/Paramount...either way it comes off like them putting things they didn't make/air under their thumb), and dislike logo plastering in general.

Studd911, if you really have connections with CBS, please tell them this much, stat.

I'd still feel better if Paramount DVD was still doing this and not CBS. I still don't plan on breaking my boycott soon, to tell you the truth.

Last edited by JMFabiano524 : 08-06-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #75
spreckenzeedeu
Forum Regular
form.known.as iris*happydays

Thumbs up

Quote:
www.tvshowsondvd.com

Confirming our report last week, this morning Paramount Home Entertainment has officially announced the December 9th DVD release of Happy Days - The 4th Season. Running time given is 10 hours 33 minutes, with video listed as Full Screen and audio listed as "English - Restored Mono". We *DO* expect there to be music changes on this release, so be prepared for that, but the studio's formal announcement this morning didn't speak to that one way or the other (no surprise; they usually don't). We'll update you with anything further we hear about that, plus and other details as well as package art, when Paramount makes that available. Stay tuned!