Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #121
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Leslie Gore being a lesbian is a shock to me. I had no idea.

Also in the world of daytime TV

Chris Bernau
Louis Edmonds
Joel Crothers

coincidentally all of those actors at one time or another were on Dark Shadows.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #122
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ Ironically, my dad is the exact same age as Lesley Gore and had a pretty big crush on her back in the day. He was very disappointed to learn about her orientation a few years back.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013

Last edited by catlover79 : 01-11-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #123
Mikado
Forum Celebrity
Main st bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
^ Ironically, my dad is the exact same age as Lesley Gore and had a pretty big crush on her back in the day. He was very disappointed to learn about her orientation a few yearsback.
This is nothing new, just think of all the women who had crushes on Rock Hudson and Liberace in the 50s
Old 01-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #124
littlebelle
Spell Caster

Send a message via AIM to littlebelle

Is Gina Gershon gay? I'm not totally sure but I recall hearing she was.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #125
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebelle
Is Gina Gershon gay? I'm not totally sure but I recall hearing she was.

No, Gina is straight

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape
Old 01-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #126
factsoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencasey
Ya think? No ****. As for the people who need "confirmation", other than putting a camera in these people's bedrooms, what proof do you expect to get? And I do believe the 80% figure given by the previous poster who's in the industry. Why is that so shocking? It's been that way for a hundred years.

Well Queen Latifah has never once said she is a lesbian, in any interview and no legit source has said she is so unless she either admits it in an interview i won't believe it.

Other rumors:

though never confirmed by anyone, let alone her, Daytime Emmy-Winning actress Susan Flannery from "the Bold & The Beautiful" has been rumored to be a lesbian for years. Some rumors have even linked her as being Frannie Flagg's lesbian lover at one point or another.

Also, Phyliss Diller has been rumored for years to be a lesbian.

People have specualted that Anthony Geary of General Hospital and Christian Le Blanc of The Young & The Restless as being gay. but neither has been confirmed as of yet.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #127
littlebelle
Spell Caster

Send a message via AIM to littlebelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu Rogers
No, Gina is straight

Ah, okay, thanks Lauren. Must had been a rumor.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #128
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebelle
Ah, okay, thanks Lauren. Must had been a rumor.

No problem Yeah, she's played a lesbian in a couple of movies, so people assumed she was, but in an interview she confirmed that she's in fact straight, LOL
Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #129
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Neil Patrick Harris hosted Saturday Night Live last weekend and in his monologue, he said that he almost hosted in 1990, back in his Doogie Howser M.D. days, but was passed over in favor of Fred Savage.

He said he watched the show at home, growing angrier and angrier. Finally, his girlfriend asked, "Why won't you kiss me?" Harris said he turned to her and said, "Shut up!"

It was a great laugh. His delivery was spot-on.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #130
megamanj2004

I watching the story on Robert Wagner on ET sometime last year and one of his earliest wives actress Babara Stanwyck, who was about 20 years his senior was alledgedly a lesbian I heard.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #131
Race's Girl
Forum Veteran
Miss Tremendous

Send a message via MSN to Race's Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Race's Girl

I also forgot about Stephen Fry
Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #132
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
I watching the story on Robert Wagner on ET sometime last year and one of his earliest wives actress Babara Stanwyck, who was about 20 years his senior was alledgedly a lesbian I heard.
I've heard that, too. But Robert Wagner was never married to Barbara Stanwyck. His first (and third!) wife was Natalie Wood, second wife Marion Marshall, and current wife Jill St. John.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #133
An 80s Guy
legen-wait for it-dary!

Send a message via Yahoo to An 80s Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
Neil Patrick Harris hosted Saturday Night Live last weekend and in his monologue, he said that he almost hosted in 1990, back in his Doogie Howser M.D. days, but was passed over in favor of Fred Savage.

He said he watched the show at home, growing angrier and angrier. Finally, his girlfriend asked, "Why won't you kiss me?" Harris said he turned to her and said, "Shut up!"

It was a great laugh. His delivery was spot-on.
I know. I didn't know that NPH has that kind of comedic acting talent. He played a bunch of different characters and I've never seen him do any time of comedic monologue. He did great and I hope he hosts again.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #134
70s show watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by An 80s Guy
I know. I didn't know that NPH has that kind of comedic acting talent. He played a bunch of different characters and I've never seen him do any time of comedic monologue. He did great and I hope he hosts again.
me too
Old 02-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #135
OOliver
Forum Regular

Also from BEWITCHED...

Diane Murphy (the fraternal twin of Erin Murphy, both played 'Tabitha' when the character was an infant; openly gay for the past twenty years or so)

Agnes Moorehead (though she claimed she was "a devout Christian woman" who disapproved of homosexuality, it had long been rumoured by many sources - including fellow cast member Paul Lynde - that she was indeed a lesbian)

George Tobias (neighbor 'Abner Kravitz')

Maurice Evans (played 'Maurice', Samantha's dad)

Also, Paul Lynde's character "Uncle Arthur" has been credited as being the first openly gay character on network TV. The writers tried to tone it down a bit with his 'occasional' girlfriends.

From pop music...

Dusty Springfield (Openly gay in her later years, before she passed away.)

Little Richard ("Good Golly Miss Molly")