Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 16, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #91
bencasey

Maybe 80% is high but it's at least 50% for sure. So take any two celebrities you know and flip a coin, you've got a 50-50 chance of being right.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #92
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Whitney is not gay. That was just a rumor. Sean Hayes from Will and Grace is a married man with a seven year old son.

Back in 1991, it was rumored that Bugs Bunny was gay. The reasoning behind it was that he was always kissing other male characters on the show, wearing dresses and he never had a girlfriend. LOL. Besides, Bugs was always eyeing the females on the cartoon so the rumors are false. Bugs says that the kissing scenes and dress wearing were strictly for acting and entertainment purposes and the he takes his craft seriously and is comfortable in his sexuality.

The actress that played Lassie was really a dude that had some issues that he was working out. The episode when Lassie's pups existent show that Lassie did have kids but the love scene was not permitted because two male dogs on tv in the late 50's was stritcly forbidden even though he was playing a female.

TRIVIA: Benji auditioned for the role of Lassie but the casting director told Benji's agent that he would never make it with his looks Hollywood.

Piglet the pig know for his emmy nominated roles on "Welcome to Pooh Corner", "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" and the Winnie the Pooh movies was outted as being in the closet. However, the rumors are false. He has been happily married for the past 65 years to his lovely wife and is a deacon at the P.M.E. Church. (Porker Episcopal Church)

He is also an active advocate for other pigs for oinker rights. He helps them to get their start in Hollywood such as "Babe" and pig from Charlotte's web. He is also working on a pilot for a new reality show entitled "piglet in the blanket" which centers around him and his wife new baby pig and trial of raising pigs in a bacon infested world.

Smithers, Mr. Burns' assistant on "The Simpsons" outted himself because of the discovered "pictures".

Joey Stivic's dog on the TV series "Gloria" starring Sally Struthers was a black gay dog named "Archie". There's irony for you.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #93
bencasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Whitney is not gay.

Hate to break it to you but, yeah, she is.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:38 PM   #94
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

How do you know this for sure? There have been tabloids in the past that have said this. How do we know this for sure? If this is true, then I'm disappointed.

Whitney? Come on now! You and me I mean, "didn't we almost have it all"? Ben Casey has to give me all this heartbreaking news about you "all at once". "How will I know" if this is true or not. "I get so emotional baby" when I think of you in this light. "You give good love" so this can't be real. "I'll have nothing if I don't have you". "If I told you that" what I heard about you is not true, what would you say?
Old 06-15-2008, 11:46 PM   #95
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
Whitney is not gay. That was just a rumor. Sean Hayes from Will and Grace is a married man with a seven year old son.

Back in 1991, it was rumored that Bugs Bunny was gay. The reasoning behind it was that he was always kissing other male characters on the show, wearing dresses and he never had a girlfriend. LOL. Besides, Bugs was always eyeing the females on the cartoon so the rumors are false. Bugs says that the kissing scenes and dress wearing were strictly for acting and entertainment purposes and the he takes his craft seriously and is comfortable in his sexuality.

The actress that played Lassie was really a dude that had some issues that he was working out. The episode when Lassie's pups existent show that Lassie did have kids but the love scene was not permitted because two male dogs on tv in the late 50's was stritcly forbidden even though he was playing a female.

TRIVIA: Benji auditioned for the role of Lassie but the casting director told Benji's agent that he would never make it with his looks Hollywood.

Piglet the pig know for his emmy nominated roles on "Welcome to Pooh Corner", "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" and the Winnie the Pooh movies was outted as being in the closet. However, the rumors are false. He has been happily married for the past 65 years to his lovely wife and is a deacon at the P.M.E. Church. (Porker Episcopal Church)

He is also an active advocate for other pigs for oinker rights. He helps them to get their start in Hollywood such as "Babe" and pig from Charlotte's web. He is also working on a pilot for a new reality show entitled "piglet in the blanket" which centers around him and his wife new baby pig and trial of raising pigs in a bacon infested world.

Smithers, Mr. Burns' assistant on "The Simpsons" outted himself because of the discovered "pictures".

Joey Stivic's dog on the TV series "Gloria" starring Sally Struthers was a black gay dog named "Archie". There's irony for you.
Old 06-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #96
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Yeah, I'm not buying these:

Jim Nabors
Whitney Huston
John Travolta
Barry Manilow

Sorry, no way.

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape
Old 06-16-2008, 02:33 AM   #97
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu Rogers
Jim Nabors
Sorry, no way.

Jim Nabors has been rumoured to be gay for years but most of that was from the tabloids. His co-star on Gomer Pyle USMC (Roy Stuart) was gay but there's a strong lack of evidence where Jim is concerned.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:36 AM   #98
BarneyFife
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu Rogers
Yeah, I'm not buying these:

Jim Nabors
Whitney Huston
John Travolta
Barry Manilow

Sorry, no way.
Jim Nabors is definately gay, Barry Manilow is probably,but the other 2 i have no idea.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:52 AM   #99
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarneyFife
Jim Nabors is definately gay.

You don't know whether he's gay or not just like I don't. Rumours are one thing, Proving them to be fact is another matter entirely. It would not surprise me though but until Nabors comes out or someone can offer proof other than the tabloids IMDb or wikipedia then there's room for doubt where he's concerned.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:45 AM   #100
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

the rumor about Jim Nabors started in the mid-80s, when Rock Hudson (who WAS gay) died of AIDS (and "thrust it into the spotlight") Since Jim Nabors was his good friend, some sick person started the rumor that him and Rock were "lovers".

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."
Old 06-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #101
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

i know people who run ion and tv land n nick at nite r all gay lol
Old 06-16-2008, 06:32 AM   #102
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by treky
the rumor about Jim Nabors started in the mid-80s, when Rock Hudson (who WAS gay) died of AIDS (and "thrust it into the spotlight") Since Jim Nabors was his good friend, some sick person started the rumor that him and Rock were "lovers".

That's exactly what I was referring to. Thanks, Treky!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:45 PM   #103
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather987
Well if we are basing it on rumors like John Travolta, Whitney Houston etc... then you might as well go as far as saying:

Lindsey Lohan (or at there is a rumor about her friend being her lover)

This one doesn't appear to be a rumour any longer.

Link
Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #104
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy

Link

I saw that a few days ago, interesting.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:30 PM   #105
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy

Link
All the guys probably see her coming and run screaming anyway.