Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-27-2008, 12:27 AM   #76
ethelmaepotter
Frequent Poster

I came across this thread and had to reply. I work in Hollywood in the entertainment industry and have for 18 years now. I won't list names here because I see no benefit to disclose people's private lives unless they have given me expressed permission to do so. But, you must understand, Hollywood has been a largely gay/bisexual community since its inception. I venture to say 80% of this town - from actors, actresses, writers, producers, directors - are either gay or bisexual or engage in such behavior for whatever reason or benefits. There are many people in this industry who have lived successful heterosexual public lives while secretly living with their same-sex partners for years. You think that everything that happens in this town is for public eyes and ears but I can tell you Hollywood is a tight-knit and tight-lipped community. There are many carefully guarded secrets and little information leaks without the proper approval. So, I hope this helps.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:36 AM   #77
phoebe7165
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL
what about roz and daphine lol that is one sad family

Neither Peri Gilpin or Jane Leeves are lesbians. They are both married. Yeah, I know that doesn't matter these days, but I don't even think neither of them is bi-sexual.

Rescued animals make the best pets. Opt to Adopt!!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:37 AM   #78
dawsongirl
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
Link

Anderson Cooper
Billie Jean King
Greg Louganis
Johnny Mathis
Paula Poundstone
Fred Schneider (B-52's)
Richard Simmons
Rip Taylor
Bruce Vilanch
Rufus Wainwright
Anderson Cooper?? Holy Cow.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #79
phoebe7165
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thong
I remember there being stories about a girlfriend he had named Linda. She would accompany him to premieres, industry events, etc. Later, I found out that she was and is a good friend. I think he brought her just to appear to be like everybody else. He sang all those love songs and had to appeal to females.

Barry was also married at one time. After that marriage ended, he said he would never get married again.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #80
waichingliu81
debbie allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethelmaepotter
I came across this thread and had to reply. I work in Hollywood in the entertainment industry and have for 18 years now. I won't list names here because I see no benefit to disclose people's private lives unless they have given me expressed permission to do so. But, you must understand, Hollywood has been a largely gay/bisexual community since its inception. I venture to say 80% of this town - from actors, actresses, writers, producers, directors - are either gay or bisexual or engage in such behavior for whatever reason or benefits. There are many people in this industry who have lived successful heterosexual public lives while secretly living with their same-sex partners for years. You think that everything that happens in this town is for public eyes and ears but I can tell you Hollywood is a tight-knit and tight-lipped community. There are many carefully guarded secrets and little information leaks without the proper approval. So, I hope this helps.

i don't want to come across as being rude, but what i'd like to know is how come the hollywood industry is regarded by many as being anti-gay and homophobic? despite the fact there has been an increase in male and female performers coming out of the closet during the last 20 years or so?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #81
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebe7165
Barry was also married at one time. After that marriage ended, he said he would never get married again.

I forgot about that. I just remember seeing pictures of Barry and Linda at the height of his fame in the late '70s. After that, I don't recall ever seeing pictures of him with a girl. Then again, Barry's popularity wasn't so big in the '80s and '90s, so I guess that doesn't mean much.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:28 AM   #82
megamanj2004

Quote:
Link

Anderson Cooper
Billie Jean King
Greg Louganis
Johnny Mathis
Paula Poundstone
Fred Schneider (B-52's)
Richard Simmons
Rip Taylor
Bruce Vilanch
Rufus Wainwright

Zoneboy, 7 of those names that you listed from that site are true.

And I just checked out that site you posted and it said Kristy McNichol from "Empty Nest" was a lesbo?!?!

I knew she's bi-polar but that one I really have to dig deeper to investigate that one! WHOAAAAAAAA!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:37 AM   #83
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
Zoneboy, 7 of those names that you listed from that site are true.

Which ones do you have doubts about? The only 2 I'm not certain of are Anderson Cooper & Johnny Mathis.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #84
megamanj2004

You took the words out of my mouth w/ Anderson Cooper and Johnny Mathis.

But some of the others, well...
Old 06-05-2008, 03:00 AM   #85
bencasey

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamanj2004
You took the words out of my mouth w/ Anderson Cooper and Johnny Mathis.

But some of the others, well...

They both are gay but how are they actors? The thread isn't about naming every gay person in the world.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:21 AM   #86
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencasey
They both are gay but how are they actors? The thread isn't about naming every gay person in the world.

The person who started the thread hasn't complained. I don't see the harm in naming people that aren't actors or actresses. The thread title could simply be changed to celebrities who are gay and it would cover all areas of show business.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #87
JT

Quote:
Which ones do you have doubts about? The only 2 I'm not certain of are Anderson Cooper & Johnny Mathis.
Johnny Mathis came out in 1982 and even acknowledged a relationship, but he kept quiet about it in the press for over 20 years because he received death threats.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #88
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
Johnny Mathis came out in 1982 and even acknowledged a relationship, but he kept quiet about it in the press for over 20 years because he received death threats.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks, JT.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #89
D-Dey
Win The War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethelmaepotter
Most of your post seemed plausible until you claimed that 80% of Hollywood was gay or bisexual. I'm sorry, but 80% is too much of an exaggeration.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:05 AM   #90
waichingliu81
debbie allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dey
Most of your post seemed plausible until you claimed that 80% of Hollywood was gay or bisexual. I'm sorry, but 80% is too much of an exaggeration.

good point. i was wondering about that too. it cannot be 80%- it's less than that. besides, i think this person came up with this statement without any legitmate evidence that backs up this argument. therefore, you're right, its bogus